Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1841 dcairns

dcairns
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Lovely Pictures, you make a beautiful bride :)  Thanks for the info...

this forum is truly amazing. Every time I start to worry about something, someone pops up and says...ooh it was great don't worry about it!! lol

#1842 NancM

NancM
    • 52 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thanks ladies...we really did have a GREAT time.  Very stress-free - just gave Yanna our decorations, our gift bags for the guests' rooms, favors, etc...and let her take care of the rest. 

Oh, and the breakfast in bed following the wedding is CRAZY...because we had the boys with us for the first week, we asked if we could do the breakfast in bed on the day after all of our guests and the boys went home and it was no problem.  We were asked at what time we would like to have it, we told Yanna and they came in with this huge spread of fresh fruit, omelettes, croissants, juice, champagne, coffee, etc...

All of you will be blown away by the amount of "surprises" in store for you at the resort...wedding couples have it made!  :)

Nancy

xo

:love

#1843 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
      • 199 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Love the review Nancy! You looked beautiful. Your beach pictures are lovely; we didn't make it to the beach until it was dark. :S

Dcairns: Don't worry about anything. DLR is amazing and everything will be great.

I've been writing my review on my home computer in quick snatches of time the last few nights. I hope to have it up by this weekend! Sorry it has taken so long!

#1844 Nemo831

Nemo831
        • 72 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

beautiful pics Nancy!!!! I am thinking of using HDC as well.  I am still waiting for Tiara to confirm my wedding Hopefully she gets back to me soon...

#1845 dcairns

dcairns
          • 347 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

I'm sure I asked this question, or someone else did.

I'm onto the planning the music phase. I know i give the DJ a "play list'  But how long should that play list be for the guests to sit down... and how long is the "aisle" to the gazebo... How long should i splice the songs..

lol... if anyone understands me and knows... let me know

- Dana

#1846 NancM

NancM
            • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

Hi Rikki,

Thanks...I'm glad we moved up the wedding; we had originally planned on having it at 4:30 but decided to move it to 4 pm so that we could have time to get beach shots in and some sunset pictures before it was too late.  Our last pictures were right at sunset, so we were just able to get them done and meet up with everyone at the SSG.  Wasn't Francisco a sweetheart?  I am so glad we went with HDC... 

Looking forward to your review; even though I'm all done with planning, it's always nice to hear how other brides felt about their wedding at DLR.  Your photos are gorgeous too...I showed them to one of my coworkers yesterday; your dress was so pretty, and we loved the flip flops!  :)

Nancy

Originally Posted by hermosahoops 

Love the review Nancy! You looked beautiful. Your beach pictures are lovely; we didn't make it to the beach until it was dark. :S

Dcairns: Don't worry about anything. DLR is amazing and everything will be great.

I've been writing my review on my home computer in quick snatches of time the last few nights. I hope to have it up by this weekend! Sorry it has taken so long!

Hi Nemo831,

Thanks!  I would highly recommend using HDC for your wedding...their package prices are great, and, depending on when you leave the resort after the wedding, you can get your pics almost immediately, review the disc they are on, make your choices and let them know (we did it via email), then a day later your photos are hand delivered to you at the resort.  The only extra fee you would pay is the day pass for the photographer, which is not very much money (I can't remember, but maybe it was $50).  They are very reliable and their work is really good!  Can't say enough good things about them... :)

I'm sure Tiara will get back to you soon...I could not believe how busy those ladies were until I got there and saw them work.  How they do it is beyond me.  

Nancy

Originally Posted by Nemo831 

beautiful pics Nancy!!!! I am thinking of using HDC as well.  I am still waiting for Tiara to confirm my wedding

I'm sure I asked this question, or someone else did.

I'm onto the planning the music phase. I know i give the DJ a "play list'  But how long should that play list be for the guests to sit down... and how long is the "aisle" to the gazebo... How long should i splice the songs..

lol... if anyone understands me and knows... let me know

- Dana

:love

#1847 dcairns

dcairns
              • 347 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi Nancy,

that actually does help.. we are going non traditional as well, so I just kinda need a time frame for music... LOL... THANK YOU AGAIN!

#1848 MissTaken

MissTaken
                • 48 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Hey,

When you say that you get to review the disc of your photos does that would be mean you need access to a computer? I know they probably have an Internet caffee but I'm just wondering if its just better to bring a laptop with us.

Also would anyone know if there is internet in all the rooms and if its included or do you have to pay daily for it?

Thanks alot

Ewa

#1849 georgie2b

georgie2b
                  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:43 AM

Nancy your pics and review were fantastic! Everytime someone posts their photos and experiences it stops the worrying and makes me feel so excited that we'll be in there in 4 months time.

Thank you again EVERYONE who posts on here for the inspiration and for making me realise I'm not the only one in a panic!

#1850 chanelo

chanelo
                    • 106 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MissTaken 

Hey,

When you say that you get to review the disc of your photos does that would be mean you need access to a computer? I know they probably have an Internet caffee but I'm just wondering if its just better to bring a laptop with us.

Also would anyone know if there is internet in all the rooms and if its included or do you have to pay daily for it?

Thanks alot

Ewa

Hi Ewa,

There is no internet access in the rooms (or at least there wasnt when I was there in March!) The internet cafe is good though.

I have heard a lot of you ladies talking about HDC photographers - and if Nancy's photos ar anything to go by I would definitely like to use them! My question is: are HDC the hotel photographers or do you book them seperately? we have photography included in the ultimate package. if this is not HDC can someone post the package prices for HDC?

Thanks in advance! 

Pam 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users