Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1771 uninspired1979

uninspired1979
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hermosahoops Was supposed to be flying to DLR on Friday, I hope her and her gusts made it ok, she was in my thoughts that entire day. What a crazy storm so late in the year.

Hope everyones planning is going well this week, we are pulling together some last details this week, feeling ok with out progress. Going in for some dental work at the end of the week, think I need a root canal, tooth has been bothering me for a few days now. This was the last thing that I needed just a few weeks before leaving, but at least it didn't start while I was away:(

If anyone is working on music play lists, I need some help. Need a few good slow songs from the 60's or 70's, something older people would know and dance to.

#1772 NancM

NancM
    • 52 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi Ewa,

We got a "Record of Solemnization of Marriage" - basically a marriage certificate immediately following our ceremony on Friday, so we will be bringing it with us, just in case.  We've not been asked to bring it, but, like PinkPetals, we will to be safe.

Nancy

Originally Posted by MissTaken 

Hey I got a question for all the brides that had their legal ceremony done in Ontario ... how long before we leave to Dominican should we have it done, does it matter if its a month or a week before?  How long does it take to receive your marriage certificate? And do you need proof marriage in Dominican for a symbolic ceremony?

Thanks alot

Ewa

Hi Bee,

Your login name is different - I thought someone may have been using a name like you!  Thank you so much for the congrats - it was small and VERY quick, but nice to have some relatives and a couple of close friends join us on the 5th, since they can't make the trip to DLR.

Hi Lisa,

I ordered from the Silver menu and the food was reaaalllly good!! Here is what we chose:

Entree:

Capresse Salad

Soup:

Cream of tomato soup with tangerine and fresh basil

Main Course: (Guests got to choose one of these two options; both were so goooood!!)

Chicken cordon bleu in a pomodoro sauce 

OR

Beef tenderloin with fresh mushrooms, served with chateau potatoes and vegetables

Dessert

Apple pie with a calvados and vanilla sauce

Hope this helps!

Rikki,

I know exactly how you feel! My biggest worry for my wedding day was the weather. The reason why I chose a destination wedding and DLR was because I wanted to have an outdoor wedding in a beautiful area :)

The day before my wedding, it was pouring and thundering the whole day which it usually doesnt happen; it usually just rains really hard for a little bit and then it stops. So you can imagine how stressed I was; but the next day it was sunny and beautiful and I was truly blessed!

Im positive you will have a beautiful wedding day with lots of sunshine :) I wish you only the best on your wedding day and enjoy it as it passes by so quickly :)

Hi Nancy,

Congrats on you civil wedding :)

Now youre off to your destination wedding (the most important one LOL) I hope you have a wonderful wedding and I hope its everything you wished for :)

SUNNY WEATHER AND CLEAR SKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Hermosahoops Was supposed to be flying to DLR on Friday, I hope her and her gusts made it ok, she was in my thoughts that entire day. What a crazy storm so late in the year.

Hope everyones planning is going well this week, we are pulling together some last details this week, feeling ok with out progress. Going in for some dental work at the end of the week, think I need a root canal, tooth has been bothering me for a few days now. This was the last thing that I needed just a few weeks before leaving, but at least it didn't start while I was away:(

If anyone is working on music play lists, I need some help. Need a few good slow songs from the 60's or 70's, something older people would know and dance to.

:love

#1773 taylorbabe

taylorbabe
      • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hi there Uninspired,

I found a section in BDW that has to do with playlists. You may find it helpful?

http://www.bestdesti...entire-playlist

Sher

#1774 uninspired1979

uninspired1979
        • 67 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

Hi Taylorbabe,

Thanks for the info, I will check it out today.

#1775 uninspired1979

uninspired1979
          • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi Girls, What a crappy few days. Got a major virus, doctors put me on antibiotics for 5 days. Also had some major tooth pain, and had to have an emergency root canal today:(. Wasn't at work for 2 days, didn't get any wedding stuff done at all this week. We leave to DLR in 11 days and at this point I have just thrown my hands up, whatever doesn't get done just won't get done. Girls don't forget to take care of your selves, take vitamins and get lots of sleep, especially as it is getting closer to your time to go. I had been taking my vitamins and preventatives for a month, but got busy and let my routine laps, immediately came up sick. Don't do this to yourselves! I am literally on the couch trying to break a fever, and loosing my mind:( I hope everyone had a better week than me. Please send good vibes my way, I really need it for these last few days. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Alla

#1776 georgie2b

georgie2b
            • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

OOOh dear uninspired!! Sounds like you've had a terrrible week positive thoughts your way. Hope you are feeling better soon x x

#1777 dcairns

dcairns
              • 347 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

Alla,

Do not worry it will all work out in the end. I don't think any one understands the stresses of being a bride unless you have gone through it yourself. Your best advice to yourself is, whatever gets done gets done and everything else doesn't matter. Rest, get over this cold... so when you are healthy and healed you will be a most beautiful bride. It will be great and will turn out beautiful!!! We are alll sending you positive thoughts.

#1778 LisaRob

LisaRob
                • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

Hi Bee,

Thanks for your help with the menu items :)

#1779 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
                  • 199 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hi ladies! 

Thank you again for all the wonderful thoughts, wishes and comments. Things could not have worked out better and I'll be putting up a review soon, I promise! Yanna was wonderful, the weather was great and everyone said they had a great time. I even met the lovely Nancy a few days after the wedding and she was awesome. 

If you have any questions or concerns please ask away and I'll try to answer the best I can. I had a small wedding though, so I might not have the answer on private receptions and so forth.

In the meantime, here are some pictures from HDC. I had Francisco and he did a great job. 

Lots of love,

Rikki

img-84.JPG

img-86.JPG

img-132.JPG

img-192.JPG

img-216.JPG

img-257.JPG

img-377.JPG

#1780 dcairns

dcairns
                    • 347 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hermahoops,

WE were all rooting for you :) I'm so glad it all worked out and i'm looking forward to hearing about it all!

- Dana

first question lol, the sashes on the chairs, were those the ones they provide at the resort?  Welcom BACK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users