Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1221 dcairns

dcairns
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Did anyone get the dimensions for the gazebo. I'm thinking of bringing my own tulle and if thats the case I wonder if anyone has them before I bother Tiara.

#1222 dcairns

dcairns
    • 347 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

ALSO, I don't know if there are any DIY people out there, i'm figuring out what to do for centerpieces (that someone from each table can eventually take home)

But I found this site http://www.qualityshells.com

Great prices on Starfish and such.

#1223 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
      • 199 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

Thanks dolfinluck and lizzyjayn. I wasn't wild about either menu and the idea of paying for the food seems silly since there are so few of us. I'll look more into the semi-private dining option. 

Question: Did you have to book this ahead of time, or did you work it out with Yanna/Tiera once you got to the resort?

Also, I LOVED your idea of requesting the suite for pictures. I'm definitely going to try that! That's too bad about the mosquitoes. One of the major reasons I chose DLR was because of the lack of reviews mentioning mosquitoes.

#1224 dcairns

dcairns
        • 347 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by hermosahoops 

Thanks dolfinluck and lizzyjayn. I wasn't wild about either menu and the idea of paying for the food seems silly since there are so few of us. I'll look more into the semi-private dining option. 

Question: Did you have to book this ahead of time, or did you work it out with Yanna/Tiera once you got to the resort?

Also, I LOVED your idea of requesting the suite for pictures. I'm definitely going to try that! That's too bad about the mosquitoes. One of the major reasons I chose DLR was because of the lack of reviews mentioning mosquitoes.

I was worried about the mosquitoes too, but my fiancee checked what was up and apparently the rainy season came early and hard this year and has caused quite a epidemic where these mosquitoes are concerned. Unfortunately the DR is generally affected. So hopefully by the time that all the rest of us brides get there, it will dry up and not be so bad.

#1225 nsimpson

nsimpson
          • 325 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Lizzy,

I was just checking your pictures at the ceremony and realized that the chairs were not the folding ones but looked to be the standard ones from the SSG only covered.  Are those the free ones? 

Thanks!

Love is a wonderful thing!
            Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#1226 nsimpson

nsimpson
            • 325 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

LaRomanaBride - Feb 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Bridget - March 15, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              jlcoon - April 13 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Jenne - April 21, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              LaRomanaStacey - April 22, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Odarcka -April 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Amy - April 28, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Maybride2010 - May 3, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              hjack - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
              brbr.bo - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
              Heather (dolphinluck) - CONGRATULATIONS
              KPEG - May 19 - CONGRATULATIONS
              fyniac - May 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS
              VallieR - May 29, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS
              Lesley - (LizzyJane) - July 6, 2010- CONGRATULATIONS!
              GEM - July 9, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Andrea (sunandsand) - July 14, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
              Nadia (nsimpson)- Sept 3, 2010
              Pink_Petals -Sept 10, 2010
              Nancy (NancM) - Nov. 16, 2010
              LastMinuteCouple - Jan 12, 2011
              JoNewhams - March 3, 2011
              taylorbabe - January 7, 2011

Okay ladies, I'm bumping this up so that those of you who weren't on the list before you can add yourselves to the list and then watch the months peel away!!  It's so amazing to look back and see all of the brides from the DLR thread who have gotten married over the past year.  And for those of you who are thinking 2011 is so far away, think again!!! You'll be there before you know it!

Love is a wonderful thing!
              Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#1227 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
              • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by dcairns 

I was worried about the mosquitoes too, but my fiancee checked what was up and apparently the rainy season came early and hard this year and has caused quite a epidemic where these mosquitoes are concerned. Unfortunately the DR is generally affected. So hopefully by the time that all the rest of us brides get there, it will dry up and not be so bad.

Thanks for looking into this, as we didnt have a problem at all with mosquitoes when we went in May.

#1228 taylorbabe

taylorbabe
                • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

Thanks Nancy M I thought i had read that about the shoes somewhere along as well.

pink petals-thanks for the pictures of the table, that makes things a lot easier when we can see whats available there that we dont have to bring along. You have a tonne of pictures it seems...would yoube able to email me anything you have pictures of? taylorbabe1@hotmail.com I believe you and I are both doing the Ultimate but i think we have conflicting info. I asked T about the coctail hour and she said we have to pay for the drinks for that hour. I think I read somewhere here that she told you its included?  I wonder if that also means we have to pay at dinner? I am soooo confused. I really wish they had something like a bundleworker/spreadsheet we could just check off and boom there is the total cost all at once.

Lizzyjane your wedding looked gorgeous and thanks so much for the review. You looked stunning.

#1229 hermosahoops

hermosahoops
                  • 199 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

Taylorbabe, I feel your pain! I keep emailing the hotel asking if I need to pay for the cocktail hour, how much it is, where we can have it, etc. and all I get back from the WC is "yes". Ummm, ok, that doesn't really help me...

I keep telling myself it will all work out in the end, but knowing how much everything will cost up front would make it infinitely easier to plan for additional activities. If you ever get a solid answer on a private cocktail hour, please let me know or post it here! I'll do the same.

#1230 dcairns

dcairns
                    • 347 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by dolfinluck 

Thanks for looking into this, as we didnt have a problem at all with mosquitoes when we went in May.

I'm getting married on April 11th, they say that April is the dry season (possibly windy).

My poor fiancee, he sees me on the forum and i'm costantly getting ideas ...or worries lol.  I'll pass on the thank you:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users