Photo

Dreams La Romana

• Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1071 nsimpson

nsimpson
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Dolfinluck -- how many LEDs did you use per lantern? I know you had the 'baby lanterns' I'm using the 14" ones so I'm thinking at least 3 LEDs in each?
    Love is a wonderful thing!
    Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#1072 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nsimpson
      Thanks Dolfinluck -- how many LEDs did you use per lantern? I know you had the 'baby lanterns' I'm using the 14" ones so I'm thinking at least 3 LEDs in each?
      I think 3 per lantern would look great. I made bunches of 1, 2 and 3 LEDs. In the end I had way too many so my sister just overloaded a bunch with 6 or 7 LEDs. But then were sitting on the bottom of the lanterns, not sure if you plan to have them in the middle with some fishing line.

#1073 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
      • 192 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

I have a quick questions for those ladies who already got married at DLR...I was wondering what colors they offer for the table cloths?

My theme is hot pink and chocolate brown and I was wondering if they have brown table cloths otherwise I will bring my own down...

Lizzy...I forgot if youre having your reception @ the SSG...if you are, since youre getting married next...do you think you could maybe measure the size of the round tables at the SSG deck? LOL I know it sounds silly and Im being such a bridezilla , but I need to order them soon if the resort doesnt have chocolate and I dont know what size to get :)

Thanks so much everyone
        xoxo
        Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#1074 nsimpson

nsimpson
        • 325 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dolfinluck
          I think 3 per lantern would look great. I made bunches of 1, 2 and 3 LEDs. In the end I had way too many so my sister just overloaded a bunch with 6 or 7 LEDs. But then were sitting on the bottom of the lanterns, not sure if you plan to have them in the middle with some fishing line.
          OMG Dolfinluck!! That is the BEST idea ever!!! I was doing a test but with one of those LED tea lights and it wasn't bright enough, plus like you said, all the light was concentrated at the bottom! Oh, I'm super excited now!! I'm going to have to demo your idea and see how it goes :)

Thanks again!

#1075 GEM

GEM
          • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

OMG guys!!! Its getting so close! I got a lot done..but still have some left to go.
            LJ, you leave in 2 weeks!!!!!! Hey, did you get anything for your guests? We are giving them mugs and photosouvenirs....but I really wanted to do more but its getting expensive.
            So we had our civil this past weekend...we may be legally married but we aren't officially yet! And today we are celebrating our 10 year dating Anniversary!!! Cannot believe how the time has flown and that I will finally be a married woman in less than 23 days!!!
            :):):):):):):):):)

#1076 nsimpson

nsimpson
            • 325 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

Congrats GEM!!!

Just think, you're half-way to being reeeeeealy married LOL!!! I know what you mean about wanting to give your guests something more; I wanted to give mine T-Shirts until I saw the price!!! Now, they're just getting smaller items that have been personalized and thrown in a welcome bag!

My latest find was personalized playing cards (a whole deck) for less than $1.30 each!

On the knot they're having a sale for 100 match books for only $17.99, pretty darn good I say!

Good luck...oh and while you and LJ are down there can you see if they actually turn on the lights on the SSG deck at night for dinner. I'm just wondering how bright it is or isn't!!

Thanks!
              Nadia

#1077 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
              • 2,424 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

Congrats GEM and your almost there!
                We gave everyone travel mugs, beach towels and I DIY english-to-spanish pocket phrase guides. For our group no one really used the mugs (i think cause dreams gives you drinks in really big glass for an AI) but they did come in handy for morning coffee. And I would of still given them as ppl have used them since they have been home as well. I loved the towels b/c it really helped to locate our group when at the pool or beach.

#1078 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
                • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

Congrats GEM!!!!!!!!

Im having my civil on July 17th which is exciting but not as exciting as my DLR wedding

xoxo

#1079 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
                  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

Oh I forgot to tell you congrats on your 10 year anniversary :)

We're also celebrating 10 years in August....we met when we were 17 yrs old (same as you guys)!

*So sweet*

#1080 irisheyes

irisheyes
                    • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
                      Hey ya,

Sorry for the late reply...been really busy. I sent you the info. Hope it helps and lemme know if you need anything else.

xoxo
                      Thanks Pink_Petals, really appreciate it.

Just wondering, for any of you that had or are having a symbolic ceremony, how many days before the ceremony did Tiara want you to arrive. I think we'll be arriving on a sunday for a wednesday wedding. I'm assuming that this is plenty of time??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users