Jump to content

Photo

Dreams La Romana


  • Please log in to reply
3934 replies to this topic

#1031 GEM

GEM
  • Newbie
  • 58 posts

    Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

    OMgoodness, LJ!! You are the next one on the list!!!! wooohooo!!!!!! =)

    Congrads to all those May brides!!

    Cannot belive it is June, already!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

    #1032 Pink_Petals

    Pink_Petals
    • Jr. Member
    • 192 posts

      Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by NancM
      thanks for all the pictures of your planning, decorations, etc...will you be shipping all of this down there ahead of time, or will you be packing it all with you when you go? I'm so afraid of breaking anything, I'd be a nervous wreck on the plane! :)
      Hi Nancy,

      Sorry for the late reply...I havent been on here in a while. I called my airline and asked if it was ok for me to bring them on the plane in the carry-on bags and they said it was fine. I have 5 of them so Im planning on wrapping them up really well in bubble-wrap and then distributing them amongst 5 people. My father-in-law, however, thinks I wont be allowed with them on the plane even though I called Sunwing. So Im going to call them again just to double-check.

      xoxo
      Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

      #1033 Pink_Petals

      Pink_Petals
      • Jr. Member
      • 192 posts

        Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dolfinluck
        pink petals- love all your ideas! i got my flowers from angels as well and loved them! they are from approval photo for Fri. Mar 26. my photographers didnt even know they were fake until after the bridal party shot when one of them said that the flowers where holding up great in the heat.
        I went to check out your flowers on Angel's website :) They looked gorgeous.
        Btw, your pro pics turned out amazing!!! Did you bring those petals with you (and are they real/fake?) for the aisle or did the resort provided for you?


        Thanks so much
        xoxo
        Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

        #1034 dolfinluck

        dolfinluck
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,424 posts

          Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
          I went to check out your flowers on Angel's website :) They looked gorgeous.
          Btw, your pro pics turned out amazing!!! Did you bring those petals with you (and are they real/fake?) for the aisle or did the resort provided for you?


          Thanks so much
          xoxo
          Thanks! since the wedding package came with bouquet and bout I asked for rose petals instead since i didnt need them cause i had angel's. in my meeting with Yanna i gave her a picture and two fake rose petals in the colors I wanted, dont know if they were an exact match but looked fabulous!

          #1035 nsimpson

          nsimpson
          • Jr. Member
          • 325 posts

            Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

            Whoa! I can't beleive that the DLR forum has been this quiet for so long!! We even dropped back to page 2...and that hasn't happend since January of this year!! LOL.

            Anyway, I hope that everyone's planning is going well. I have a quick question...

            Did anyone on here order the $99 linen suit for their fiance? Just curious :)
            Love is a wonderful thing!
            Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

            #1036 KPEG

            KPEG
            • Jr. Member
            • 267 posts

              Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

              I did. And they were excellent!! I ordered swatches, then a month later I ordered the suit. Communication with them was a breeze and very good. The quality was really good and the custom fit was PERFECT! They shipped the suit promptly. They also follow up with you. You won't be disappointed if you order from them, especially for a custom suit of that price.

              #1037 CherryCoke

              CherryCoke
              • Newbie
              • 17 posts

                Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

                Hello Ladies,

                Over the past week I've read this entire thread. What an amazing amount of information you've shared. I am almost 100% sure that we will be getting married at DLR.

                My Pros:

                Affordable around 200 per night per couple (not inc. flight)
                Clean modern/tropical decor
                Semi private ceremony location near the water
                Size of resort is not too large
                Dining options with outside seating with a view of the water
                Wedding package options
                No wristbands
                No reservations
                Beautiful lush grounds, beach, rocky coast area
                Resort seems a little more unique visually

                Cons:

                Due to price point we would need to fly from Boston not Portland
                Due to price we weuld need to fly into SD
                Long ride from SD to LR
                We only plan on being there from a Wednesday and leave for a cruise on Sunday. Do to wedding stay requirements the wedding may have to be on Saturday and then we leave Sunday. I would like a Friday wedding.

                We are thinking about next April/May. I am leaning more towards the middle of May. I need to check into the weather.

                I'm trying to figure out what time of the day will be best. We want to have some pictures before the ceremony seeing eachother for the first time. Have the ceremony after with some family photos following and photos near the water around sunset.

                I'm curious what made you choose this resort and the time of day you selected.

                Thanks again,

                Sara

                #1038 dolfinluck

                dolfinluck
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,424 posts

                  Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nsimpson
                  Did anyone on here order the $99 linen suit for their fiance? Just curious :)
                  hey nadia,
                  we ordered DH, BM and my dad's suits from them. the only issue we had was with the fit of the jacket around DH's butt, if you search that thread you will see the pic i posted. also you will get charged a fee from your credit card if you dont have free oversea's purchases.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CherryCoke
                  Hello Ladies,

                  Over the past week I've read this entire thread. What an amazing amount of information you've shared. I am almost 100% sure that we will be getting married at DLR.

                  My Pros:

                  Affordable around 200 per night per couple (not inc. flight)
                  Clean modern/tropical decor
                  Semi private ceremony location near the water
                  Size of resort is not too large
                  Dining options with outside seating with a view of the water
                  Wedding package options
                  No wristbands
                  No reservations
                  Beautiful lush grounds, beach, rocky coast area
                  Resort seems a little more unique visually

                  Cons:

                  Due to price point we would need to fly from Boston not Portland
                  Due to price we weuld need to fly into SD
                  Long ride from SD to LR
                  We only plan on being there from a Wednesday and leave for a cruise on Sunday. Do to wedding stay requirements the wedding may have to be on Saturday and then we leave Sunday. I would like a Friday wedding.

                  We are thinking about next April/May. I am leaning more towards the middle of May. I need to check into the weather.

                  I'm trying to figure out what time of the day will be best. We want to have some pictures before the ceremony seeing eachother for the first time. Have the ceremony after with some family photos following and photos near the water around sunset.

                  I'm curious what made you choose this resort and the time of day you selected.

                  Thanks again,

                  Sara

                  Welcome Sara! number one reason for me was the wedding gazebo plus loved not having to make reservations at the restaurants. I also loved the beach. We got married in the middle of May, the weather was perfect (finally rained our second to last day for like 10 mins twice). The weather down there is so localized, one of the tour operators told us La Romana gets twice as much rain as DLR and they are just 20 mins apart. I picked May as the prices for April were a lot higher. and got married at 4:30 (really 4:45 started late).
                  A bunch of ppl that came flew into SD and didnt think the ride was too bad (around 2 hours) but there is a new highway going in and was told the ride would be cut down to an hour and 15 mins but not sure when they will be done.

                  #1039 taylorbabe

                  taylorbabe
                  • Newbie
                  • 19 posts

                    Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

                    Thanks Lizzyjane, I appreciate you adding me to the list. I now I still cant figure that out those cute little tickers ...but I can live without, I'll just ocunt down in my head lol.

                    Hi Sarah,
                    My reasons for choosing Dreams LaR was the same as Dolphonluck...the gazebo is gorgeous, loved the a la carte restaurants, the resort is gorgeous and I love that we don't have to wear those plastic all inclusive wristband things. Not too pretty for wedding pictures. I didn't even want my guests to have to wear them on the big day.

                    Hope that helps!

                    #1040 taylorbabe

                    taylorbabe
                    • Newbie
                    • 19 posts

                      Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

                      Whoops. I forgot to ask about the $99 suit..what company is that? (I tried to go back to follow along but I couldn't find the name of the company tahts being referred to.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users