Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks nsimpson for emailing me the ceremonys, now I am getting a bit concerned about my ceremony being in spanish and translated. We are definately going for the legal ceremony as we are bringing our friends and family halfway round the world and costing them a fortune and I want it to be our wedding, although I totally understand people getting married at home first, It would be so much easier. Does anyone know of anyone who does legal ceremonys in englishhuh.gif Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyjayne View Post
Hi girls, I've tried to leave most of the planning to the last min to stop me getting too excited and now with 3 months to go its all systems go, i'm soooo excited as I'm sure you all are. I was wondering if you could help me out on something. I have found beautiful dried hydrangia petals called carnival mix which are citrus green, yellow, hot pink and orange, I need 6 litres of them, to give the guests cones for confetti and also to make an aisle on the beach of them. As thats going to take up far too much room/weight in my suitcase to bring with me. The ones I have found are in england and will cost a fortune to get posted to Dreams La Romana. Therefore I am trying to find something similar in America which I can get posted out to DR cheaper, as I'm in Ireland all I get is uk companies on web, can anyone help me with some websites that I may be able to find something similar. Thanks in advance Lesley xoxo
Petal Garden has the best prices i have seen so far. Look at the Pathway Petals as they are quiet a bit less because they are less than perfect cause who is really going look to hard at the ones on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaRomanaBride - Feb 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!

Bridget - March ?, 2010 (sorry Bridget, I forget your date!)

jlcoon - April 13 2010

Jenne - April 21, 2010

LaRomanaStacey - April 22, 2010

Odarcka -April 26, 2010

Amy - April 28, 2010

Maybride2010 - May 3, 2010

hjack - May 7, 2010

brbr.bo - May 7, 2010

Heather (dolphinluck) - May 15, 2010

VallieR - May 29, 2010

LizzyJane- July 6, 2010

GEM - July 9, 2010

Andrea (sunandsand) - July 14, 2010

Nadia - Sept 3, 2010

LastMinuteCouple - Jan 12, 2011

KPEG - ?

fyniac - May 26, 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

 

I have some questions about the 1000 for the restaurant reservation versus just walking in and getting tables for dinner. I know someone else brought this up recently as well, I'm still not sure about what to do. So in order to reserve the restaurant (even for only 30 people! ) It's 1000 + 26%... so that's 1260... That seems pretty steep for the same kind of food, and drink!

 

What do you gals think about just trying to get a restaurant on the day of?

 

Thanks for your opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fyniac,

 

My fiancé and I are having the same issue with the meal too...we're not sure if we should just limit the dinner itself to our immediate families and then hope everyone can be seated near us, or if we should just rent out a restaurant (most likely the SSG). We're getting the "free" wedding package, so any guests over 10, I believe, are additional costs. We've got enough time to think it through, but, considering it's an all-inclusive resort, it doesn't seem right to pay for meals. But...we also have 2 little ones with us (my boys are going to be 7 and 8 when we're there) and we've promised them they could dance after the ceremony, so we're left with trying to find a way to let them do that too! This "free" wedding is beginning to cost more and more each time we turn around. :)

 

One thing I'm very excited about is the photographer...we decided to go with HDC Photo and have already booked Arnaud for the afternoon. Everyone on this site was right about him...he's been amazing to deal with and responds right away to emails!!!

 

With so many weddings happening in April and May, I haven't had the heart to email Tiara lately...I know we have ample time to make more decisions, so we'll let her focus her attention on where it's needed right now.

 

Hope everyone on this thread is doing well and the plans are running smoothly!

 

Nancy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaRomanaBride - Feb 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!

Bridget - March ?, 2010 (sorry Bridget, I forget your date!)

jlcoon - April 13 2010

Jenne - April 21, 2010

LaRomanaStacey - April 22, 2010

Odarcka -April 26, 2010

Amy - April 28, 2010

Maybride2010 - May 3, 2010

hjack - May 7, 2010

brbr.bo - May 7, 2010

Heather (dolphinluck) - May 15, 2010

KPEG - May 19, 2010

VallieR - May 29, 2010

LizzyJane- July 6, 2010

GEM - July 9, 2010

Andrea (sunandsand) - July 14, 2010

Nadia - Sept 3, 2010

LastMinuteCouple - Jan 12, 2011

fyniac - May 26, 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphinluck: PM me your email address and I can try to take a pic of the linen swatches and email them to you. I think someone posted in the suit thread but I can def try to email you this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyniac View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have some questions about the 1000 for the restaurant reservation versus just walking in and getting tables for dinner. I know someone else brought this up recently as well, I'm still not sure about what to do. So in order to reserve the restaurant (even for only 30 people! ) It's 1000 + 26%... so that's 1260... That seems pretty steep for the same kind of food, and drink!

What do you gals think about just trying to get a restaurant on the day of?

Thanks for your opinions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancM View Post
Hi Fyniac,

My fiancé and I are having the same issue with the meal too...we're not sure if we should just limit the dinner itself to our immediate families and then hope everyone can be seated near us, or if we should just rent out a restaurant (most likely the SSG). We're getting the "free" wedding package, so any guests over 10, I believe, are additional costs. We've got enough time to think it through, but, considering it's an all-inclusive resort, it doesn't seem right to pay for meals. But...we also have 2 little ones with us (my boys are going to be 7 and 8 when we're there) and we've promised them they could dance after the ceremony, so we're left with trying to find a way to let them do that too! This "free" wedding is beginning to cost more and more each time we turn around. :)

One thing I'm very excited about is the photographer...we decided to go with HDC Photo and have already booked Arnaud for the afternoon. Everyone on this site was right about him...he's been amazing to deal with and responds right away to emails!!!

With so many weddings happening in April and May, I haven't had the heart to email Tiara lately...I know we have ample time to make more decisions, so we'll let her focus her attention on where it's needed right now.

Hope everyone on this thread is doing well and the plans are running smoothly!

Nancy
I am pretty sure if you have over 20 you must either do a private reception or rent out a restaurant, according to the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys=) I hope everyone's planning is going as smoothly as possible...=) I know I asked it earlier but is anyone using a real flower vendor from DR but outside the resort? I would love to have bridesmaids bouquets but the resort is charging $75 and I didn't really want to bring fake ones there. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM View Post
Hi, guys=) I hope everyone's planning is going as smoothly as possible...=) I know I asked it earlier but is anyone using a real flower vendor from DR but outside the resort? I would love to have bridesmaids bouquets but the resort is charging $75 and I didn't really want to bring fake ones there. Thanks!
Hi, I'm the same, I am having gerbera daisy bouquets which are my favourite flowers but they're really cheap, certainly not $75 worth. I have emailed a couple of the florists that have been listed on this site but have not got a response from them. Let me know if you have any luck and I'll keep you informed too xo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×