Dreams La Romana

The bars close at different times.  Those by the pool close by 7 PM or so.  The lobby bar and the night club bar are open very late, probably 2 am if not later.  The restaurants close by 11 PM.

On your question whether it makes sense to stay in preferred club, we didn't see any point spending money on it.  But I think it might more worth it during high season (October - April), because they section off a private area on the beach so you don't have to worry about getting a chair, which might be a problem when the hotel is super busy.  Preferred club does have a pool, but I liked the larger non-preferred infinity pool better so we spent most of our time there, plus there is a swim-up bar at the non-preferred pool.  Also, they do have more premium liquor selection at the preferred bar, but at the same time, you can get the same liquor at other bars if you ask for it.  Finally, they give you free wifi for a week, but again, you can buy it for $50 extra for the whole week rather than having to pay $50 or more a day to be in preferred club.  Some brides said they felt preferred club was worth it because of privacy they desired, but for me personally, it was not worth the added expense.

Originally Posted by jessicalynneh View Post

Also, does anyone know what times the bars are open until? We have some drinkers in our crowd :)

Amurka!!! Hey girl how are you! I hope ur planning is going well. Ive been so busy planning my wedding that I havent had the chance to write on here. But I hope to do so more frequently.

Hello ladies :)))x

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend :))

@Soccer1615 - we are doing legal side of marriage in the UK two weeks before we leave for DR too :))) We are keeping it a secret lol from our families, cos unfortunately they wouldn't understand, not all of them anyway :D So we decided to have two our friends as witnesses, as they won't be able to make it for our DR wedding :)) We just booked it actually yesterday and even though we know that it is quite cheesy, we are doing our legal ceremony on 14th February :D About the dress, as its going to be so low key, I have decided to buy a light color dress (but not white, and so that I can wear it some more ;)), but i love your idea of getting a white dress and then having TTD photo shoot in it :D I don't think it will be weird at all! :Dx

@jessicalynneh - welcome to the forum sweetie, hope you will find it useful! :)) As i haven't been to DLR before i can't tell is there big difference between normal room and preferred - however we booked preferred for us, it seems that you will have private preferred club pool and bar, so maybe if you and your FI would like to get away from everyone and be alone before and after your big day, this could be a good idea :)))

@Britt1222 - welcome to you too hun :)))x Wow you have read through all pages here, you are a star...i can't even imagine how long it took you lol :D I remember when i first found this thread, it took me good few weeks before i read it all and posted something myself lol :D And you are planning to get married first week of March2012, you never know we might see each other in the resort too, ours is 6th March ;)

Let us know ladies when you will confirm your dates, so we can add them to 2012 Brides list!!! :D I have been on here since November 2010 and there were no 2012 brides at all and i am so glad that there are more of you girls joining us :)))

xoxo

Chanelo- February 24th 2012

Amurka- March 6th 2012

Soccer1615- July 5th 2012 

Almasu- May 19th 2012

Originally Posted by chanelo View Post

Chanelo- February 24th 2012

Amurka- March 6th 2012

Soccer1615- July 5th 2012 

Hello Noemi sweetie! :)))x

Glad that you are doing well and your planning is coming along nicely too :))) Did you hire that wedding planner after all, or you have decided to do it yourself? :))

I am doing well too, thank you hon, been busy doing my exams for the last month and my FI's little girl came to stay with us for two weeks for the first time, so it was all exciting for us :D I must say, have not done as much planning as I should of, not on our DW anyway, been concentrating on putting plan together for our AHR! :)) In talks with the church we adore now, so fingers crossed they will let us have our blessing there (because we don't belong to their parish it makes it all more complex for some reason :/) and found a little restaurant very close to it which looks perfect for our reception :D So we will have my FI's 30th birthday celebration there this Saturday and will talk to them about our reception too, yay :)) Now kind of in waiting for receiving our RSVP's for our DW, as if there will be more people coming we will need to put together bigger entertainment etc. but if very little people come we will have to come up with something different:D Anyways just need to wait and see and August-September will be very busy for us i am sure :D

And as I mentioned above to one of the ladies here, we had our registry office ceremony confirmed this week, it will be 14th February, two weeks before we leave for DR!!! :D It kind of seems far away, but quite real now lol, very funny feeling :D

But enough about me, tell us all what you have been up to sweetie :)))

xoxo 

Hey KCB, I have another questions for you! I contacted Steve from Cocotours, thank you thank you thank you! I'm super excited to book but he doesn't respond enough. Did you have the same issue? I'm not sure if I am being impatient or what. Looking for some friendly advice!!

I haven't had too many delays.  He has been super quick to respond to me most of the time although he kind of goes through spurts (he will respond a bunch really quickly and then take 2-3 weeks to respond to the next one).  Did you request one of the Cocotours tours or did you request a private catamaran type trip?  I only ask because we did the private catamaran and Cocotours has a certain company that they work with to provide their catamarans and he didn't respond to me for a while because he was waiting to hear back from them on a quote.  That might be why he hasn't replied yet?

I have found that people in the DR aren't as quick to respond as we are in North America, but don't worry because he has been good about getting back to me and getting things arranged!

Originally Posted by bella2140 View Post

Hey KCB, I have another questions for you! I contacted Steve from Cocotours, thank you thank you thank you! I'm super excited to book but he doesn't respond enough. Did you have the same issue? I'm not sure if I am being impatient or what. Looking for some friendly advice!!

Yes! We did hire the wedding planner.  We do most of the work he just takes care of the last minute details as well as the day of and he is the MC for our wedding. We booked our DJ too so we have that done.  We are missing flowers and limo but other than that everything is going well.  I am a stress free gal at the moment because I am so organized with everything :).  We are planning to go on a cruise for our honeymoon so I have been looking into that now. We are thinking of going to Bermuda or Bahamas but not too sure yet. 

Everything else is great! I have my little book that keeps me sane and I keep track of everything we spend and who puts in how much for what. It helps us stay on track with the 50/50 amount we agreed on. I still dont have a ring bearer because we dont have any little boys so I don't know what I will do about that :/ One of my bridesmaids canceled on me because her and her fiance were supposed to get married and they broke up so I have to replace her since she said she can't be a bridesmaid.  Replacing her is another hard decision because I am not too close to my female cousins so I don't know who to choose BangHead.gif

Hmm what else...I think I already said we booked our church and we have started attending mass. 

Your wedding is gona be great! and its gona be here when you least expect it.  I still have a year to go but its okay because planning it is the best part! Can't wait for it to happen :D