Jump to content

Recommended Posts

We are doing the ceremony at 4:30, the sun should be setting at 7:04. I want a good amount of time for pictures before the sunset as most likely things will run a little late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're arriving on the 10th so Lizzy, I would love to meet you then!

 

Next question ladies ... have you decided on the reception details? I'm thinking Seaside Grill with the Silver package, which (when you add in gratuities, etc.) comes to about $39 US per person.

 

It kinda sucks to pay for food when there will be free food all around us. (for 20 guests, that's 800$).

 

What are you ladies doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have already asked about that, after looking at wedding photos and seeing the bands on peoples arms....... No way :-) and apparently because there is not another resort within walking distance we do not need to wear arm bands.

 

I am just havin my reception meal in the seaside grill, my h2b refuses to pay for food when we have paid to stay at an all inclusive resort. I would have argued this until I saw the menu and we have some real fussy eaters with us who would not like anything on the silver meal list. At least this way we will have money to spend on something else and everyone can order the food they like, so I'm happy.

 

Our photographer (hdc) has said that we will have to pay for a day pass for him, does anyone know how much this is?

 

Also I'm now torn between getting married in the gazebo and on the beach. What scares me is last year we were in Punta Cana and saw a few weddings, some people have no respect and at one wedding in particular there were people in bikinis ( one one woman without a top) standing at the gazebo watching and taking photos!!!! They even managed to get themselves into some of the photos!! Does anyone know is the beach location private or beside the sunbathershuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunandsand View Post
We're arriving on the 10th so Lizzy, I would love to meet you then!

Next question ladies ... have you decided on the reception details? I'm thinking Seaside Grill with the Silver package, which (when you add in gratuities, etc.) comes to about $39 US per person.

It kinda sucks to pay for food when there will be free food all around us. (for 20 guests, that's 800$).

What are you ladies doing?
Brilliant, we'll arrange to meet and I can let you see pics and any insight I've gained, I'll be married by then :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have asked Tiara and its 50 dollars per person to get them in to do the photos and the video. Now I don't think thats the cost of a full day pass but if they are only there for 3-4 hrs maybe theres a cheaper half day pass or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyjayne View Post

I am just havin my reception meal in the seaside grill, my h2b refuses to pay for food when we have paid to stay at an all inclusive resort. I would have argued this until I saw the menu and we have some real fussy eaters with us who would not like anything on the silver meal list. At least this way we will have money to spend on something else and everyone can order the food they like, so I'm happy.
I am thinking of doing the seaside grill as well. If you don't rent out the whole place, I think there might be a charge of $15 per head if you have over x amount of ppl. I believe it is to take care of bring out everyone's food at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
I am thinking of doing the seaside grill as well. If you don't rent out the whole place, I think there might be a charge of $15 per head if you have over x amount of ppl. I believe it is to take care of bring out everyone's food at the same time.
I wouldn't mind paying 15 instead of 30 or 40. My fiance hates the silver package as well and actually wanted to do a buffet insteadWill they still allow you to decorate your area how you want (i.e. like the photos Tiera has sent with table cloths, and a couple of flowers at each table)?

Lizzy, meeting you is going to make me life so much easier. I will have to get you a "post-wedding" drink ... or 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

  • Topics

×