Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbabe View Post
Whoops. I forgot to ask about the $99 suit..what company is that? (I tried to go back to follow along but I couldn't find the name of the company tahts being referred to.
Hey Taylorbabe here is the thread we were talking about custom linen suits $99

Dolfinluck & KPEG -- Thanks for the quick response! We're going to go with the $99 custom suit as well. KPEG -- If you're through with your swatches then I would LOVE to have them :) I could e-interact you the $$ to cover the shipping. (just let me know)

Sara - Welcome! We're happy to have you! I chose DLR for the free snorkeling, no wristbands, beautiful beach, restaurant choice, option of renting out a restaurant with dancing space, gazeebo use, large enough resort for privacy but not too large for walking, great food, better liquor than most resorts AND because most people do NOT visit La Romana-- so if I was going to "force" my guests to travel, I might as well take them someplace that is not as frequently travelled!

Now that I'm getting down to the wire, I've got more detailed questions it seems! I'm going with the "free" wedding and wanted to know if anyone else went with that option as well. -- I'm hoping that they will include wine with dinner and not at an extra price. Did any of you encounter this?

Ok 3 weeks until we leave and I'm trying to figure out money, how much we have left and how much we still have to pay for. I was wondering if some of you married women out there could help me.

Do you have to pay for all the chairs, or is it only if you upgrade? Do they charge you for decorating the gazebo and tables?

I'm going for the free wedding package, there are 12 of us in total and we are having our meal in the SSG (not private), I am bringing my flowers, sashes and lanterns with me. Other than the judge have I missed anything else that we will get charged for?

Thanks so much for all your help over the last year, this forum and all the ladies on it has been fantastic.

Sooooooo excited now :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post

Now that I'm getting down to the wire, I've got more detailed questions it seems! I'm going with the "free" wedding and wanted to know if anyone else went with that option as well. -- I'm hoping that they will include wine with dinner and not at an extra price. Did any of you encounter this?
We did the free wedding package (warning if you currently have one of the higher packages you must downgrade 90 days before hand!) Not sure about the wine thing though, i dont think anyone ordered any at the dinner. You might be fine with just getting a glass or two but if you want the bottle they might charge you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyjayne View Post
Ok 3 weeks until we leave and I'm trying to figure out money, how much we have left and how much we still have to pay for. I was wondering if some of you married women out there could help me.
Do you have to pay for all the chairs, or is it only if you upgrade? Do they charge you for decorating the gazebo and tables?
I'm going for the free wedding package, there are 12 of us in total and we are having our meal in the SSG (not private), I am bringing my flowers, sashes and lanterns with me. Other than the judge have I missed anything else that we will get charged for?
Thanks so much for all your help over the last year, this forum and all the ladies on it has been fantastic.

Sooooooo excited now :-)
I believe you only have to pay for the upgraded chairs. If you look at the picture of my set-up for the ceremony, the only thing I paid extra for was the upgraded chairs. Switched the flowers included in the free package for rose petals. The only thing I could thing of would be if you wanted extra champagne or cake (I ordered extra cake but only b/c I wanted it bigger for the pictures) Good Luck! the 3 weeks will just fly by

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
Thanks! since the wedding package came with bouquet and bout I asked for rose petals instead since i didnt need them cause i had angel's. in my meeting with Yanna i gave her a picture and two fake rose petals in the colors I wanted, dont know if they were an exact match but looked fabulous!
Thank dolfinluck for the amazing idea!!!! I would have never thought of that! YAAAAAAY!!!
I will do the same.

xoxo

I had a few quick questions for you ladies who already got married at DLR and have used lanterns @ the gazebo.

I was wondering approx. how many lanterns you guys used; how many sizes and where you ordered them and the price you paid.

Thanks

xoxo

Pink Petals -- you and I are in the same general GTA area and I decided to go down to Spadina and Dundas area (China Town) to get all of my stuff. Lanterns go for about $3.99 for the 14" lantern (+/-$1 if you go up or down inches).-- this is a little more expensive than online but I figured since I had to pay the shipping it may have been about the same!

Before I went down to China Town, I was going to go with this site: Paper Lanterns, Party Supplies and Chinese Paper Lanterns - PaperLanternStore.com

I love their variety and you can't beat the prices! I've got two other sites that you can peruse if you want to as well.

Paper Lanterns - Home, Party, Wedding

Paper Lanterns, Paper Lantern Lamps, Paper Lanterns Wedding

Each of the last two sites I LOVED for different reasons as well! the last one even gives you decorating ideas for using paper lanterns!

Hope these help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post

Nadia,
We went with the free package and had wine at no extra charge. We even had a few bottles of booze (tequila, sambuca, etc.) also no charge, they were super accommodating to us.

Hi folks, a newbie here,

We've more or less decided to go with the Dreams La Romana for our wedding next March, but i want to make sure that the specific date we want is free. I filled in a request form on the Dreams website about 3/4 days ago and also emailed the wedding planners address yesterday.

In general, how long does it normally take for the girls to get back to you. I just wanna be certain that this date is free before i start planning.

Thanks.