Dreams La Romana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
I am curious as to what everyone else is doing for guest favours? Any ideas?
Hey Jenne & Liane, Check out this site. They have tonnes of stuff and it's so cheap! I've checked a lot of sites for favours and these guys have the same stuff but for like half the price?!!

Good Things Wedding Favors

Anyway, I'm considering going with the heart or starfish wine stopper, or the cute "for richer or pourer" wine set, along with the boxed matches "we're a perfect match." They really do have good stuff, have fun looking!

Nadia

Quote:
Hi Vicky,

We have booked the Ultimate Wedding Package. I thought it was the best choice (for us)! With everything it includes, we didn't even bother to compare with the free package and all the add-ons. The only things we'll have to pay extra for are our extra guests (over 20), any extra decorations that we want and bridesmaids bouquets I think. I am thinking of just bringing our own bridesmaids bouqets to save on the cost though anyway. When is your wedding?

Jen

Hi Ken!
I have been thinking and think the ultimate package will be the best one for us aswell, seeing as our guests are paying good money to come out to our wedding we really need to have a good reception, it's just the menu choices that i'm not sure about because I have quite a fussy eating family...
We have asked for the beginning of march 2011 but haven't booked yet, we were thinking of june but from looking at a website about weather in the dominican republic and it said that june has the most rainy days so we are changing to march which seems to predict the least... What about you?

Vicky

Quote:
Hey Girls.. hope that everyone's planning is going well! I too am waiting on information from Tiara! Sounds like we all are so she must be busy. I am curious as to what everyone else is doing for guest favours? Any ideas?
There was a great thread somewhere here about favors and basically the majority say food or wine always goes. So i'm thinking either bottles of Mamajuana or m+m's that are personalized or cookies in the shape of a wedding cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Wow, you're going all out! For some reason big dogs, particularly huskies, do NOT like my dog and tend to attack him. I think it has something to do with his overly happy demeanor and he's not exactly a small dog, but not a big dog (he's a pug/bull dog), so they tend to go straight for him and attack to kill! I've had to stop going to the dog park, because even huskies that are supposedly so well behaved (according to their owners) just snap and attack him! This has happened on a few occassions with different huskies, so I'm really scared to leave him at a place with other dogs. sad.gif
Click the image to open in full size.
I would hope my husky would be good with your dog, her favorite buddy at the dog park is a Jug (jack russel/pug). luckly she is very passive and if a dog scares her she will run to us

We have some picky eaters as well so aren't quite sure about what to pick for our menu. One option that we have is to pay extra to rent out an entire restaurant for the evening so it's open for only our wedding and then our guests can order off of the restaurant menu. I think this might have been posted somewhere here already. Since the Ultimate Wedding Package is for 20 guests and then we have to pay for any extras anyway, we are waiting to see how many people come and then might rent out a restaurant if it isn't too much more than just paying for the extra guests. So far we have 31.

We are getting married April 21, 2010 so everything is booked.. just waiting to go now! Can't wait!

Quote:
One option that we have is to pay extra to rent out an entire restaurant for the evening so it's open for only our wedding and then our guests can order off of the restaurant menu. I think this might have been posted somewhere here already.

I didn't even know we had the option of renting out the restaurant! Does anybody have any price quotesinformation on this?

Also, would you still have dancing or would that have to be done outside?

Thanks,

Nadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Don't worry, mine either! Well, she's older and lives in Newfoundland, probably wouldn't come unless we held it in her backyard! Even then, who knows...lol...
Feel free to share your drama!
Oh my goodness what is it with FMILs mine isn't going either!!! apparently she went to his first wedding!!!! He was divorced three years before I met him so not my fault but hey we'll have a better time without them :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post
Good news All:

I heard from Tiara!! YEA! She sent me a tonne of information (i guess it's the standard welcome-now-read-over-the-package stuff) but I was so happy to finally hear from her! Anyway, I thought that she was going to tell me if my dates were available (Sept 1,2 or 3) but she didn't mention any of that?!

Should I send her a seperate e-mail inquiring that? How did you ladies find out if your date was even available?

Maybride2010 Thanks for the welcome. This site is SOOO good, I can't stop telling people how much it's helped me! Also, thanks for the advice about WeDo - I'll see what they have to offer!

Thanks ladies!
Hi I tried emailing Tiara with my date and time as did the travel agent and I was getting quite anxious as our flight prices were going up all the time!! So I eventually rang her as I needed it confirmed before I could book flights etc. She then sent quite a cheeky email to my travel agent, it appears things run on her time and she doesn't like to be rushed. So I am grateful for all tthe answers I get on this website as it means I can leave her alone until nearer my date :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post
I didn't even know we had the option of renting out the restaurant! Does anybody have any price quotesinformation on this?

Also, would you still have dancing or would that have to be done outside?

Thanks,

Nadia
I believe it is $1000 to rent out but dont know if you need to pay taxes as well. I think you can then have a dance floor and get a dj or might be able to use the restaurant's sound system.

Does anyone know if you do the semi-private reception at one of the restaurants do you have to start at a certain time? For some reason I thought I recalled reading somewhere the the dinner has to start at 6:30.