Dreams La Romana

Can I ask what you guys ended up paying and what you are getting. If you dont want to post, could you please email it to me. So far we were thinking of going with Hotel DJ and MC, but if it costs similarly and I wouldnt mind entertaining the idea of an outside vendor.

• 1 month later...

My fiancé and I just got back from a vacation in Punta Cana. We had planned the trip before we had decided to have our wedding at Dreams La Romana, and stayed at Now Larimar. We were able to get a taxi to go to DLR. The resort was absolutely beautiful. We met with the wedding assistant Pirosca who gave us a tour. If looking from the beach the left side of the resort is the preferred club (for families, couples, etc), however on the right side of the resort they are building another section that will be preferred club "adults only." It is supposed to have another pool and be done in December sometime. Both the beach gazebo and garden gazebo were beautiful and very private and located near the preferred section. Pirosca stated that the bride and groom often like to have rooms in the preferred area as it is easier to walk from the room to the wedding location then after getting ready. There are also rooms that aren't preferred near the wedding sites as well. I saw a preferred room and a regular room and they looked very similar.

I also met with Jenny & Yanna the wedding coordinators. They were both very nice!

Getting excited for next October!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!!

I'm getting married on April 2016 at dreams la romana!! Countdown ha finally started!! Any tips from anyone?? I would very much appreciate ????

Also, I'm using the garden gazebo for my ceremony and just wondering if I can use heels, since pictures showed some rocks on the sidewalk. I'm nervous to fall down the aisle ???????? thank you ????????????????????????

Hi everyone My wedding was March 12th of this year and it was absolutely beautiful!!!! Thankfully my wedding coordinator Yanna left the resort because i was not fond of her at all and they reassigned Jenny to me and she was absolutely amazing! When you get there all of the resort staff are extremely accommodating and super helpful to make sure your day is setup the way you visualize it. I had 69 guests at my wedding which is rather large for a dw but they are all still contacting me about how beautiful it was. I will add more pictures and if there are any dw brides with questions please feel free to contact me. This forum was super helpful to me  and I know the feeling planning your wedding without knowing alot of details.  Please know they coordinators may not respond right away but once you get there you are their main priority and they are willing to help you with any little detail you may need. 

Our reception was in the garden gazebo which at first in pictures I wasn't too impressed with but the pictures don't do it justice. It is absolutely beautiful. there are rocks on the walkway that make it difficult to wear heels but I did anyway and luck I didn't bust my butt.  :P  I was also telling my dad to hold on tight  to me in case. LOL. Our reception was held at the Seaside Grill and I'm so happy we ended up having it there because everything about it was perfect. The pier area is perfect for cocktail hour and it was gorgeous out so we were able to have our entire wedding outside. Being that our guest list was so high we had a buffet style dinner and it worked out fine and the food was really good! everybody enjoyed everything and the cake we got through the resort and it was absolutely delicious!!!! there were small hiccups throughout the day but the coordinators made sure they fixed it right away.  I was so happy that I not only decided on a destination wedding but dreams because they really made my wedding day feel like fairy tale. 

post-269073-0-31249800-1459787055_thumb.jpg

post-269073-0-79150900-1459787068_thumb.jpg

post-269073-0-62380100-1459787096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lauralondon25

• 1 month later...

Is there anyone who was married here recently that can comment on what venue you had your reception in?

What there an extra charge? 

We were at Oceana. I highly recommend it. I think to privatize any restaurant it is $500.