Dreams La Romana

Hi Ladies,

My husband and I got married at Dreams La Romana on November 13, 2013. It was absolutely AMAZING and I couldn’t have pictured it any better. It was pretty hard picturing a wedding in a destination when you cant see the ceremony location, the restaurant, etc. but I promise you will be so happy. J

Resort:

5 star! We had champagne when we got off the bus, and everything went great. Of course it’s a lot for them when a group of 40 all show up at once, but it went fine. To make things a little bit more “exciting” I actually broke my ankle 3.5 weeks before our trip! I was in a hard cast until the day we flew out and I made the hospital cut it off so I could put a fashionable walking boot on J I contacted Yanna before we went and she got me a wheel chair.

Beach and Pool:

I used this site a lot before our trip to find out stuff about the resort, and I did read some bad reviews on the beach. I have been to plenty of all-inclusive resorts, and I am surprised how people complained about the beach. It was gorgeous and not as small as they say. The pools are awesome – the swim up bar is where we spent most of our time! and it’s a very large pool

Restaurants:

The best part of this was that you didn’t need to book beforehand when you wanted to go to a restaurant. You just go to any of the ones they have (which they have soooo many) and you might have to wait for 20-30 min. but they have outside couches and bars everywhere….so get yourself an drink and relax J There was not one restaurant we didn’t like, nor any of my guests. Even the buffet which can be “so so” at places,  was great!

Wedding Day:

In the morning, my girls came in with champagne and OJ and we ordered room service for breakfast. The girls got their hair done at the spa (they showed a picture and it looked just like it) and my mom got her makeup done and it was beautiful! I had a girlfriend do my hair & make up.

We used an outside photographer from Caribbean Emotions – I highly recommend them. He was great, and since I had a large, swollen ankle, he was great in not getting it in pictures and also when we took pictures after the ceremony, trying to make sure I was comfortable. The photographer at the resort is nice, but you don’t get many prints (something like 35), and we got over 500 pictures for Caribbean for $700 on a disc. Everyone told me to upgrade and I have to say, if you are trying to cut corners to save a bit of money, try to do it somewhere else. Pictures are what you have left and you want to make sure to get the ones you like!!

Ceremony:

We got married at the Garden Gazebo at 4:00pm (absolutely AMAZING!) I brought with me the Chinese lanterns, and the chairs come with the chair covers. We added a purple sash which we think went beautiful with it. The great thing is that your view and area are so private (people are not walking around and in your pictures) and the backdrop is unbelievable. We gave the DJ our iPhone which had the playlists of what to play and when. He was good.

Cocktail Reception:

We chose the Pier. It was nice actually to have our guests go to a different location and while we took pictures for about 30 min, they got to have appies and drinks. We later joined them and got to mingle around. The Pier is stunning

Reception:

Our dinner was at the SeaSide Deck Grill. A++++++ I didn’t have center pieces, Yanna just added a few things which made it so beautiful. The dinner was so great our guests still talk about it. We chose the stake (you have to get this and the chicken) After dinner we had speeches and dancing. Our MC knew what we wanted and when to do things. We did find the DJ used a lot of country music (my husband does not like) so we gave him our iPhone which we put our own reception playlist on, and he played that. Everyone danced the whole night (even me who had to put on my walking cast after dinner – but was hidden under my dress J)

Our wedding was absolutely  amazing and couldn’t have went better. It was the most fun I have ever had, even being the young bride who was pushed around in a wheel chair. All of our family and friends said it was the funnest time they have had and the resort blew them away. The best part of a destination wedding, you get a whole week instead of a day! It’s great.

THE ONLY BAD THING:

We flew with WestJet and my sister planned a Girls day – where about 17 of us got a speed boat and went from island to island and got to drink and swim. Then we were taken the last stop to an island that was a bit weird. We had lunch (where it was questionable – and we all didn’t eat much because we didn’t want to get sick) and then told the men we wanted to leave. They wouldn’t take us as they wanted the workers from the island to get a ride too (to save gas) and they kept us there for an additional 2 hours with no water, booze or food. Westjet recommended this excursion company and it was a man from there who was the WestJet rep Fast Eddie he called himself. He also did many other things to lie to us about booking dinner reservations (which he didn’t) and problems at the airport.

DO NOT USE FAST EDDIE!! Or excursions that WestJet suggest. We saw another wedding party at the resort and he had them stranded somewhere for 12 hours with no food or water!

Congratulations to all the brides and you are going to be amazed with your wedding!! ill attach pictures once i figure that out :P

Hope this helps!

If you don't mind me asking... What wedding package did you use and did have the legal ceremony done in the DR or the symbolic ceremony? I love your review and I am so looking forward to my wedding there next April. We are having the Garden Gazebo as well; however, we are undecided as to which package is more suitable for our situation. We will be having approximately 25 guest.

Thank you so much for coming back and updating us!!! I'm so happy for you I feel so excited now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it ok if you share some pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We chose the Dreams of Love package. You pay an additional cost per person over 20 people (but its not a crazy amount) I had two people with very strict food allergies and Yanna accomodated them and made them a special dinner. In the Dreams of Love package I didnt use the make up and hair do they provide, but i was able to give to my mom and sister. You have to pay a per person too for open bar (i know, being at a all inclusive you dont think this, but its about $10 per person - in the scheme of things, its not that bad)

I was thinking about doing a rehersal dinner, but Yanna told me it would be about $1000. So we didn't. Which was good, becuase one night, we got over 25 people at the same table for dinner! We used that as a Rehersal Dinner :)

I was so afraid about what the center peices were going to look like, and i didnt have any nor did i want to buy any from them (of course its expensive there) so Yanna just said she would put something down. They were like little lanterns and everyone commented to me how they loved them and I was shocked how simple and nice they were and didnt cost a thing!

Here are some pictures. i dont have many of the reception, becuase the photographer only did three hours, but it was so stunning! We have a wedding video we are posting online as well that was done by my cousin who is a videographer and did the week, the wedding and reception. It will give you an idea of how it looks :)

If i can help answer any questions, please ask! this site was so great to me :) you learn how to save money and neat tricks!

post-263773-0-79189400-1397069078_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-38136700-1397069107_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-47149900-1397069129_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-37291000-1397069144_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-06519200-1397069163_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-11141700-1397069184_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-57733900-1397069202_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-49035700-1397069225_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-37507300-1397069247_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-73595600-1397069414_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-82460000-1397069430_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-26155800-1397069453_thumb.jpg

post-263773-0-98775100-1397069474_thumb.jpg

We chose the Dreams of Love package. You pay an additional cost per person over 20 people (but its not a crazy amount) I had two people with very strict food allergies and Yanna accomodated them and made them a special dinner. In the Dreams of Love package I didnt use the make up and hair do they provide, but i was able to give to my mom and sister. You have to pay a per person too for open bar (i know, being at a all inclusive you dont think this, but its about $10 per person - in the scheme of things, its not that bad)

I was thinking about doing a rehersal dinner, but Yanna told me it would be about $1000. So we didn't. Which was good, becuase one night, we got over 25 people at the same table for dinner! We used that as a Rehersal Dinner :)

I was so afraid about what the center peices were going to look like, and i didnt have any nor did i want to buy any from them (of course its expensive there) so Yanna just said she would put something down. They were like little lanterns and everyone commented to me how they loved them and I was shocked how simple and nice they were and didnt cost a thing!

Here are some pictures. i dont have many of the reception, becuase the photographer only did three hours, but it was so stunning! We have a wedding video we are posting online as well that was done by my cousin who is a videographer and did the week, the wedding and reception. It will give you an idea of how it looks :)

If i can help answer any questions, please ask! this site was so great to me :) you learn how to save money and neat tricks!

What are gorgeous event... I have been dying to see a recent review of this resort. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us. I'm sure that I will have more questions to come in the future...

I am going to have my wedding at the Dreams resort and spa. I am so excited to see that there are not many negative responces. Like there was for the sandles resort. I can't wait to get there. how did it work for everyone else?

Hey Ladies!

I have some good news for you, Yanna sent me a document with the info for the centerpieces, it has pictures of the different centerpieces along with a price list, so I hope that this is helpful to some of you! I am attaching the document below, if you cannot view it PM me your email and I will send it to you. Also, I have the website of the vendor the resort uses for the decor, centerpieces, chair sashes, floral arrangements etc. It is www.innovart.com.do/ @@SmylieFace thanks for the review, do you have any pictures?  centerpiece price list for wedding.pdf