Dreams La Romana

strwbsprkl, we are planning on getting married here in 2015 as well :D Seems soooo long away though!

We have only just decided on this resort but our heart in completely set looking at the pictures and reading reviews. When in 2015 are you thinking? We are planning on mid March. 

Just really dont know where to start. We were thinking of going through a travel agents but cannot book until Dec time if we do it this way and really want to get it booked so that we can let people know in plently of time as we are coming from the UK and people will need to save. 

We are going to have around 20 guests in total.

I have emailed Jenny, the wedding planner at DLR, and she said it is too early to book at the moment but I can temporarily book a date. She also sent me the wedding presentation guide which had all the costs of extras etc but I am really confused as to what we should book. We originally though about the ultimate package but then as a lot of other people stated, there are things in the package that we dont really need but other things that we would like instead. 

The only issue is we are on a tight budget and have around $8000 for the wedding and holiday/honeymoon so really dont know what the best thing to do is :hissyfit:

When will you start planning etc??

Im soooo confused.

Hey there!  I've been reading for awhile but haven't really contributed much.  This site is SO helpful.  Our wedding is June 28, 2014 and we did a site visit this past June if anyone has any questions! Here are some of the resort photos:

strwbsprkl, We are planning on DLR in 2015 as well :cheers: 

What time of year are you planning? We are thinking March.

I emailed the resort and got an email back within a day from Jenny advising me that we cannot book for that date just yet as it is too early but that we can provisionally book a date.

The thing is, we are coming from the UK and need to let our guests know asap so they can start saving.

We are going to have around 20 guests as far as we know but really dont know what the best option is regarding the wedding packages. I feel soooo confused with it all already. Dont know whether it is best to go for the free package and just add all the extras (Jenny sent me a pricing list of all extras and it seems like it'll be quite pricey) or go for the ultimate package (still some things on the list we do not want/need and other things we would like that are not on the list). :BangHead:

We would like to have the ceremony and reception on the beach but like others have said, there may be people sunbathing or swimming in our pictures haha. I love this for the ceremony........

And something like this for the reception........

But worried it may be a bit dark??

Anyway, just dont know where to start!! When will you start planning everything? Will you go through a travel agents or directly through the resort?

We have a budget of $8000, this is for the wedding and the holiday/honeymoon!! 

Im glad im not the only one thats starting to plan so early and its nice we'll be getting married around the same sort of time :jiggy: 

strwbsprkl, We are planning on DLR in 2015 as well :cheers:   What time of year are you planning? We are thinking March. I emailed the resort and got an email back within a day from Jenny advising me that we cannot book for that date just yet as it is too early but that we can provisionally book a date. The thing is, we are coming from the UK and need to let our guests know asap so they can start saving. We are going to have around 20 guests as far as we know but really dont know what the best option is regarding the wedding packages. I feel soooo confused with it all already. Dont know whether it is best to go for the free package and just add all the extras (Jenny sent me a pricing list of all extras and it seems like it'll be quite pricey) or go for the ultimate package (still some things on the list we do not want/need and other things we would like that are not on the list). :BangHead: We would like to have the ceremony and reception on the beach but like others have said, there may be people sunbathing or swimming in our pictures haha. I love this for the ceremony........ LL And something like this for the reception........ LL But worried it may be a bit dark?? Anyway, just dont know where to start!! When will you start planning everything? Will you go through a travel agents or directly through the resort? We have a budget of $8000, this is for the wedding and the holiday/honeymoon!!  Im glad im not the only one thats starting to plan so early and its nice we'll be getting married around the same sort of time :jiggy:  
This is amazing. For me is a waiting game as well. I'm thinking of booking sometime this spring for September 4 2015. Seems so far away but I'm expecting a little over 50 guests. I have family that lives in Dominican Republic plus some traveling. I've decided to do the ultimate package. Our budget is 15,000 that is including stay. I recently went to a wedding in punta Cana. She got the biggest package and I must say it was worth it. Hopefully they don't change the packages in 2015. I'm so excited I was thinking the gazebo it looks so pretty. As soon as I learn how to upload pictures ill so you guys my progress. :)

Carlajane85, what are your colors
I have no idea! I originally wanted just a deep red to go with ivory but don't think it would fit as well with the style of the wedding so maybe fuchsia and orange?? Do the hotel provide specific colours for the bouquet and table/chair dressing do you know? How about you? Have you decided yet? I thought i had this all planned when I first got engaged 2 years ago but now I've started to actually plan things everything has gone out the window haha.

strwbsprkl wow, you're lucky you have family there :) That is the one problem for me about going somewhere so far away for my wedding is that not many of our friends or family will coming but we'll have our close family there and we will have a big party with everyone when we get back :) Yes, I think I'm swaying towards the ultimate package then just adding the little extras if needs be or bring some things with us. Do you know what style of dress you are going to get? I have seen one I really like but don't know if is too soon? Haha. I wish this year would hurry up and end coz then we can say we are getting married next year :) Just seems so long away like you said.

strwbsprkl wow, you're lucky you have family there :) That is the one problem for me about going somewhere so far away for my wedding is that not many of our friends or family will coming but we'll have our close family there and we will have a big party with everyone when we get back :) Yes, I think I'm swaying towards the ultimate package then just adding the little extras if needs be or bring some things with us. Do you know what style of dress you are going to get? I have seen one I really like but don't know if is too soon? Haha. I wish this year would hurry up and end coz then we can say we are getting married next year :) Just seems so long away like you said.
Lol I know!!!! I leaning towards mermaid dresses. My colors will be Tiffany blue and coral. I believe the resort has son linens. I think I read it somewhere. I'll practice uploading pictures today. Lol I played around with vista print got some ideas for save the dates, and zazzle.com too! I'm thinking of DIY almost everything because we are paying for our own wedding :(. S thankful I found this site.