Dreams La Romana

Vancouver Bride. I hear block 4 and 5 and remodeled and are closetest to the garden gazebo if that's where you're planning on having your ceremony

Hello ladies!

We just booked our wedding for 27 Oct-3 Nov at DLR and I am so excited! Here is the most recent list with us added :) We just send out the info to our guests and are waiting for confirmations. 

Any thoughts or advice on which room/building block my fiance and I should choose? Is it really worth the extra cost for the Preferred Club and will the Preferred Club seperate us from our guests?

Thanks!!

LIST OF WEDDINGS IN DREAMS LA ROMANA smile159.gif

anudrm (Selina) 12 November 2011

DreamsBride2011 (Katie) November 11th, 2011 (reception November 12th, 2011)

Sabrina December 17, 2011

Chanelo February 24th 2012

Amurka 6th March 2012

Cynthia (CynMay2012) - May 4th 2012

brendee2005 May 5th, 2012

soccer1615 July 5th 2012

Romana uk 2012 September 7th 2012

gem2wed2012 October 19th 2012

Vancouver Bride, 29 Oct, 2012

jess819 November 9th, 2012

Jessicalynneh November 10th, 2012

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Welcome Vancouver Bride :))xxx

Hope you will enjoy this forum and will get answers to all of your questions too :))

I have not been unfortunately to the resort myself, so won't be able to advise you too much on it...but we have chosen to stay in Preferred Club, it does seems that if you wish for some alone time you will be able to stay at preferred pool and beach, but at the same time if you would like to hang out with the rest of the guests at the main pool or beach it is no problem too :))

We decided to go for Preferred club, mainly because of this and the fact that you get free wi-fi in your room and around the resort and also some premium booze lol :D

Have you done much planning already though, how many people you expect to come for your big day? :)) Oh and have you looked/chosen your dress already? :D I love seeing other girls dresses , it puts me in such a weddingly mood lol (if there is such a word at all :D)

xoxo

Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride View Post

Hello ladies!

We just booked our wedding for 27 Oct-3 Nov at DLR and I am so excited! Here is the most recent list with us added :) We just send out the info to our guests and are waiting for confirmations. 

Any thoughts or advice on which room/building block my fiance and I should choose? Is it really worth the extra cost for the Preferred Club and will the Preferred Club seperate us from our guests?

Thanks!!

LIST OF WEDDINGS IN DREAMS LA ROMANA smile159.gif

anudrm (Selina) 12 November 2011

DreamsBride2011 (Katie) November 11th, 2011 (reception November 12th, 2011)

Sabrina December 17, 2011

Chanelo February 24th 2012

Amurka 6th March 2012

Cynthia (CynMay2012) - May 4th 2012

brendee2005 May 5th, 2012

soccer1615 July 5th 2012

Romana uk 2012 September 7th 2012

gem2wed2012 October 19th 2012

Vancouver Bride, 29 Oct, 2012

jess819 November 9th, 2012

Jessicalynneh November 10th, 2012

@gems2wed2012

wow, my mum and sister live around there too lol :D

I completely understand how you feel right now, like every bride on here as well, - when we started planning our wedding and decided on Dreams resort, I had trouble sleeping at night, with tones of things going through my head of what we need to do etc. lol :D Than I decided to do major things first (i.e. find a dress, sort out other guests travel, decide on the theme etc.), all of these things kind of eased my brain a little from information overload and I actually started to see that little things don't matter that much - it will still be an amazing day for us and our guests :D

Well hope this helps, but if you feel like venting about something or you need some advise, always message here and i am sure all of us will try to help or at least just listen :))

xoxo

Originally Posted by gems2wed2012 View Post

Hi Amurka,

Thanks for the info. I may look into doing that also as it is such alot of money to spend.

There's so many things I need to find out don't really know where to start lol. This forum has been a really good starting point though.

I'm really grateful of all the info and help :-)

We are from Hertfordshire.

Thanks again

Interesting, because I also have a cocktail hour on the pier following my ceremony that was discussed again and again and again so I have no idea how they figure they can do my ceremony, my cocktail hour and then your reception all within one hour???? I might move my ceremony up to 5 PM but still how is that enough time to do my cocktail hour afterwards?

We have 19 guests so I am not sure how they would do the tables, I asked them for 1 long table for all guests.  Thanks for the offer to share your linens but unless you also have napkins to spare, it would be a mute point because it won't match.

As far as the reservation, could you possibly forward the information along to me?  Could you please also share your estimate if you don't mind?  I still don't have mind.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by anudrm View Post

5:30 at the Pier, wow - that is cutting it short, my reception is at the pier at 6:30, LOL.  Let's see how they pull this off.  Do you know your table arrangement?  I only have 15 guest, outside of us two, and are doing the U shape that's in the pictures.  If you are also doing rectangular and want ivory, I have no problem sharing with you.

I got an estimate from Jenny a few days ago actually.  I had to change somethings on it, that will cut the cost slightly but yes I have received one.  Did you want to see mine?

Well that's such a rip off!! My guest are actually paying $196 a night / double occupancy, so $98 per person per night.  Yet, our reservations are Thursday- Sunday, if that is good for you, I will go ahead and forward it to you.  Not a problem.  I actually had two but I already cancelled the other one.

I do not have coktail hour at the Pier, I believe it is still in the garden.  My ceremony is at 4:00 p.m. in the gazebo, cocktail at 4:45 and reception at 6:30 at the Pier.  That was indeed confirmed with me.  

As for the linens, I do have ivory napkins also, yet I am still confused - please excuse me for my constant questions - where is your reception and at what time is it?  How do they plan to pull off two weddings basically at the same time, that is so weird and mind boggling.  I will forward you the reservation and my quote to you right now.

Originally Posted by DreamsBride2011 View Post

Interesting, because I also have a cocktail hour on the pier following my ceremony that was discussed again and again and again so I have no idea how they figure they can do my ceremony, my cocktail hour and then your reception all within one hour???? I might move my ceremony up to 5 PM but still how is that enough time to do my cocktail hour afterwards?

We have 19 guests so I am not sure how they would do the tables, I asked them for 1 long table for all guests.  Thanks for the offer to share your linens but unless you also have napkins to spare, it would be a mute point because it won't match.

As far as the reservation, could you possibly forward the information along to me?  Could you please also share your estimate if you don't mind?  I still don't have mind.

Thank you!

I forwarded you my quote from my gmail account (coley.selina@gmail.com) and then the other reservation from my aol (anudrm@aol.com)

Originally Posted by DreamsBride2011 View Post

Thank you!

Hi ladies :))xxx

My apologies for butting into your conversation girls, but @anudrm, do you think you could by any chance forward me your quote too...i am just very curious to see what are they charging for, so I won't be taken by surprise at the very last minute and will be able to work some things into our budget if Yanna forgot to tell us smwh too :D

Thank you a lot in advance hon, my email is analynch@hotmail.co.uk :))

xoxo

Hi amurka sure but I went with the Ultimate Package so everything is pretty much included within my price.  I don't have any extras outside of a DJ.

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

Hi ladies :))xxx

My apologies for butting into your conversation girls, but @anudrm, do you think you could by any chance forward me your quote too...i am just very curious to see what are they charging for, so I won't be taken by surprise at the very last minute and will be able to work some things into our budget if Yanna forgot to tell us smwh too :D

Thank you a lot in advance hon, my email is analynch@hotmail.co.uk :))

xoxo