Dreams La Romana

Hi snakcake :))

Congratulations in going ahead to confirm your wedding date:))xx

I had an email from Yanna I think last week and that was her response to my inquiries from a week before. So she is definitely around and I am sure your date will be confirmed very soon too :))) It's just WC at Dreams can be very very busy at times and not able to respond as quickly as we, brides, would wish :D

Let us know when you will hear back from her and tell us the date you are getting married :)))

Happy planning

xoxo

Wow ladies I have not been on BDW for ages now!!!!!

Have been swamped with studies and wedding planning and all the family dramas that you get the second you decide to get married ;) lol 

Anyway, how are you all ladies doing? Have you done much planing yourself?

There are loads of new brides I see, yay, Welcome and Congratulations to you all!!:))xoxo It has been quite here recently I must admit, but if you do ask a question there will be someone always here that will be able to give you an answer :))

I am not sure have I done much planning to be honest, it feels like it, we did pay off all of our travel to Dominican and room upgrades and dresses and suits and photographer etc....so basically we spend a lot of money on something we cannot have until we actually go to Dreams at the end of February :))) Do you ladies get the same feeling sometimes? :D

But all in all, things have been well, almost all our guests have booked to come with us, so now we more or less know who is definitely coming. Will be only about 14 people, but they are the closest family and friends from both sides - so we are very pleased with that :D

My first dress fitting has been scheduled for 15th December too, yay, right before Xmas....so as i keep saying, I am cooking Xmas dinner, but I will most likely be eating salads lol ;D

I do remember there was a whole list of brides with dates when each is getting married, does anyone know where it is? It would be nice to update it and also add new brides to it too :))

xoxo

Thanks amurka and congrats to you as well. I'm still waiting, but we're planning for 12/1/12, so I'm sure I'm low on Yanna's priority list of responses right now lol. All planning is on deck until I confirm the date! We're planning to invite 25-30 ppl, but I'm not sure how many will actually come. Are you planning a reception or just going to dinner together after the ceremony? I'd love to hear more about your ceremony/reception plans. We're on a strict budget and I have no idea what we're going to do for a reception yet!

Hi amurka! How are you hon? All good here, 4 months today to our wedding... I can't wait! All the planning is going well so fairly stress free! I haven't gone near DLR wedding planners yet coz I know how busy they are and they wont wanna hear from me until about two weeks before! Lol! How's all with you? Oh and welcome to all the new brides too! This forum is a godsend!

I know how you feel lol, we started planning our wedding in Dreams before Christmas last year, so even though I did understand that I am very low on priority list - it still wanted to ask soooo many questions WC at Dreams and know every detail about when and where we will be getting married. This is where this forum really helped, I went through all the pages of it (I cant believe it myself lol :D) and found out tones of information and pictures and reviews of other brides - so after that I only needed to know very few things from WC herself :)

We are planning to have our ceremony in Garden Gazebo and then have cocktail hour on the pier followed by private reception on the beach. The reason we chose beach, because past brides have mentioned that it is very nice and quite there and very secluded, which me and my fiance like :)

The best thing is I think, if you are on the budget, try to find out how many people are willing to come, - this will at least give you better picture of how much money approximately you will need to spend on food etc. at the reception. We personally also decided to do legal side of the marriage in the UK,  2 weeks before we go to Dreams. This saved us some lump of money, because we don't have to pay for officiant to come over for our ceremony in Dreams and also we did not have to deal with all the translation of the papers. We didn't mind doing this, but I know some people might :) all we know that our real wedding day is still going to be 6th March 2012 at Dreams :)) (p.s. we do it as a secret, so no one apart from us and two our best friends, who will be witnesses, won't know that we signed marriage certificates in the UK lol :D) After reading some reviews on here, WC's at Dreams are actually quite understanding about this too and try to make it as real for the rest of the guests as possible :))

By the way, have you chosen your dress already maybe? :))) and anything else like invitations etc.? :))) If you did do share a pictures of everything you planned so far if you have any, we would love to see :))

I remember like yesterday when we decided to have our wedding at Dreams, soooo many things were going through my head its unbelievable...i, to be honest, could not sleep at night sometimes cos I was trying to go over things we need to do lol :D 

If you feeling the same, don't worry :D it will pass and very soon everything will start falling into places :)) Now I am quite relax to be honest and all people we wanted to be there with us on our wedding day are actually coming, so all other little details don't matter that much anymore - we just really cant wait to go already :D

Oh by the way where about are you from? :))

xoxo

Originally Posted by snakcake View Post

Thanks amurka and congrats to you as well. I'm still waiting, but we're planning for 12/1/12, so I'm sure I'm low on Yanna's priority list of responses right now lol. All planning is on deck until I confirm the date! We're planning to invite 25-30 ppl, but I'm not sure how many will actually come. Are you planning a reception or just going to dinner together after the ceremony? I'd love to hear more about your ceremony/reception plans. We're on a strict budget and I have no idea what we're going to do for a reception yet!

He chanelo sweetie!!! :)))xxxxx

haven't spoken to you for ages now... how you been? :)) How is your planning coming along, do you have much left to do? Our weddings are not far away from each other, so ours is just slightly over 4 months yay! :D  I personally tend to count to the day we leave for Dominican lol, cos its closer and this is when our wedding-moon begins :D

Things have been good lately, which i am very pleased about :) Now as we have confirmed more or less exact amount of guests, I can start officially preparing our welcome bags AT LAST and I submitted my last assignment in Uni so have a break until February and can do as much wedding planning as I like :)))

oh and also have been for hair trail here in the UK, so now i know more or less what hair I would like for our wedding yay :D

But now to be honest I just can't wait until Xmas, because you know chanelo as soon as we get to Xmas and New Years our wedding days are going to come soooo quickly!!! :)))

xoxo

Originally Posted by chanelo View Post

Hi amurka! How are you hon? All good here, 4 months today to our wedding... I can't wait! All the planning is going well so fairly stress free! I haven't gone near DLR wedding planners yet coz I know how busy they are and they wont wanna hear from me until about two weeks before! Lol! How's all with you? Oh and welcome to all the new brides too! This forum is a godsend!

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

I know how you feel lol, we started planning our wedding in Dreams before Christmas last year, so even though I did understand that I am very low on priority list - it still wanted to ask soooo many questions WC at Dreams and know every detail about when and where we will be getting married. This is where this forum really helped, I went through all the pages of it (I cant believe it myself lol :D) and found out tones of information and pictures and reviews of other brides - so after that I only needed to know very few things from WC herself :)

We are planning to have our ceremony in Garden Gazebo and then have cocktail hour on the pier followed by private reception on the beach. The reason we chose beach, because past brides have mentioned that it is very nice and quite there and very secluded, which me and my fiance like :)

The best thing is I think, if you are on the budget, try to find out how many people are willing to come, - this will at least give you better picture of how much money approximately you will need to spend on food etc. at the reception. We personally also decided to do legal side of the marriage in the UK,  2 weeks before we go to Dreams. This saved us some lump of money, because we don't have to pay for officiant to come over for our ceremony in Dreams and also we did not have to deal with all the translation of the papers. We didn't mind doing this, but I know some people might :) all we know that our real wedding day is still going to be 6th March 2012 at Dreams :)) (p.s. we do it as a secret, so no one apart from us and two our best friends, who will be witnesses, won't know that we signed marriage certificates in the UK lol :D) After reading some reviews on here, WC's at Dreams are actually quite understanding about this too and try to make it as real for the rest of the guests as possible :))

By the way, have you chosen your dress already maybe? :))) and anything else like invitations etc.? :))) If you did do share a pictures of everything you planned so far if you have any, we would love to see :))

I remember like yesterday when we decided to have our wedding at Dreams, soooo many things were going through my head its unbelievable...i, to be honest, could not sleep at night sometimes cos I was trying to go over things we need to do lol :D 

If you feeling the same, don't worry :D it will pass and very soon everything will start falling into places :)) Now I am quite relax to be honest and all people we wanted to be there with us on our wedding day are actually coming, so all other little details don't matter that much anymore - we just really cant wait to go already :D

Oh by the way where about are you from? :))

xoxo

I'm slowly getting through this forum and it is definitely a Godsend! Still waiting to hear back from Yanna :o/  As soon as I get confirmation on our date, I can start working out all the other details. I'll be sure to share them as they fall into place. We have also decided to secretly make it legal here in the US (we're from Pennsylvania) before we go. I just can't justify spending all the $ on translation fees, etc. The symbolic ceremony on the beach will be our "real" wedding day anyway. Thanks for sharing your plans ...  sounds perfect!

I'll let you know when Yanna confirms our date... hopefully it won't be much longer!!

:o)

Hi Ladies!

Snakcake, it took Jenny & Yanna about 3 weeks to *officially* confirm our date after we sent the signed papers & deposit in, so no worries - they're just busy! When we went to visit in July, we saw Jenny running around all the time - theres only the 2 of them and they do about 350 weddings a year - crazy!

Amurka & Chanelo, how many people do you have coming to the wedding? Congrats, thats so exciting that your weddings are so soon, I cant wait to see your pictures!! What do your dresses look like? I just bought mine - so exciting, it will be ready in March, I can't wait until I have it in my size!

Have any of you ladies looked into outside vendors for flowers and/or cake? We have quite a few people coming and the resort charges $30 per pound for the cake - which seems really high to me?? Also I have 9 bridesmaids so I was going to try and see if I can find bouquets for less than $75, which is what the resorts prices start at. Any suggestions?