Dreams La Romana

I will post some pics when I get them!  I'm in Canada so we have some pretty good suppliers for real touch here, although the US ones are a bit cheaper, the shipping makes it so there is not a difference!

I think they would probably take some of the flowers from the gazebo for the reception if you asked....after all, you ARE purchasing the flowers so you can have them moved if you want!  I know someone had asked Tiara a while back about moving the ceremony flowers to the reception and Tiara said yes this was okay, so the gazebo flowers are probably the same if you are paying for them!  Good Luck!

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

Kelsie, its such a great idea with real touch flowers post some pix's here when you will get yours!!! :)))

I wish I could have them done too...I have checked in the UK and if they are good quality they are almost as expensive as real ones and I like the quality of them in the US better anyway...but if you order something larger from US you have to pay a lot tax on the top of it here in the UK...so decided to stick with the real flowers in Dreams!

Looking through the list of extras you can have in DLR, I have noticed corsage for $25...if they will be the ones that can go on your wrist (like you get on your prom night lol:)) they might look quite cute on bridesmaids - maybe it could be a good option for you Carrie??!! as paying $75 for 6 bridesmaids is a bit too much...:/

I have not decided on centerpieces yet...although i was thinking about it lol :))) My wonderful FI wanted a specific gazebo decoration (i will try post a picture below) and I was thinking to ask Yanna, maybe it will be possible then to take some of it off (while we will have our pictures taken and cocktail hour) and have it as centerpieces???...i don't know how possible its is to be honest...just trying to find some ways to save money on such a things :D what do you think ladies??? :)))

xoxo

Gazebo Garden1.jpg

Kelsie thank you so much girl! :)) if someone has been told that it is possible to have flowers moved it is great! :) ...it makes all the sense now lol, but sometimes i just get warped up with all the info and prices too lol :D

Btw just though i will share it with you ladies, been for open day with my wonderful FI tonight for our AHR, that we are thinking to have when we are from DLR - and the place was absolutely beautiful!!! :) I guess it is one more thing to cross of our very very long list lol :D

xoxo  

Hi Girls, and welcome new ones...

My real touch have been delayed a bit, but i should have the pics this weekend and am assured i'm getting them by March 15th like requested. I asked for that date because people are helping me bring them down and I need to dispearse them.

YES the flowers down there are that expensive, one of the reasons that I decided on real touch. I also got a throw away bouquet in real touch too. Otherwise, the person who catches it can't take it home (customs wont allow it)  Another reason for real touch flowers, which i got from advice fromt his forum. Int the heat, real flowers wilt pretty quickly.   I would like to have my flowers "fresh" for the entire day and the photos, plus we will have a tiny head table but that will server as centerpieces.

I get a free bout and bouquet with my package, i'm thinking of asking if they would just make a centerpiece for the ceremony table. I've personally opted for chinese lanterns for my decoration of the gazebo. I have some aqua tulle as well that I may use.  I know there is another (non forum) wedding right after me at 4, so i'm thinking i don't want to make it too difficult for the next bride.

Still so much to do: Go over vows, add another hour to photo with HDC, and the list goes on.

I got my Vistaprint order, i had to laugh. My man of honor said order a banner its free... so i did. The thing is huge!!! But he had a great idea... We take a picture with it and everyone on the trip on the first day and then again on the last day to see the "tan" difference. It was free i'm not going to complain.

I also want to do a planning thread, because I think it will help me organize myself.   LOL... i'm getting scatterbrained as we get closer to the date.

- Dana

Thank you for all the great ideas with the flowers. I think the real touch flowers are a great idea and you are right, I am sure they wilt pretty quickly! I'll get working on them ASAP.

I agree Dana! So much too do so little time....good luck!

Carrie