Dreams La Romana

Hey people,

cannot believe there is so many brides almost ready to tie the knot!! Cant wait for all of the reviews and pics!!

LaRomanaBride - Feb 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Bridget - March 15, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
jlcoon - April 13 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Jenne - April 21, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
LaRomanaStacey - April 22, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Odarcka -April 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Amy - April 28, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Maybride2010 - May 3, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
hjack - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
brbr.bo - May 7, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS (date twins)!
Heather (dolphinluck) - CONGRATULATIONS
KPEG - May 19 - CONGRATULATIONS
fyniac - May 26, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS
VallieR - May 29, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS
Lesley - (LizzyJane) - July 6, 2010- CONGRATULATIONS!
GEM - July 9, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Andrea (sunandsand) - July 14, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!
Nadia (nsimpson)- Sept 3, 2010- CONGRATULATIONS!
Pink_Petals -Sept 10, 2010 - CONGRATULATIONS!

Rikki (hermosaHoops) - Nov. 8, 2010 CONGRATULATIONS
Nancy (NancM) - Nov. 16, 2010 CONGRATULATIONS

uninspired1979(Alla)- November 27, 2010 CONGRATULATIONS

taylorbabe - January 7, 2011 CONGRATULATIONS 
LastMinuteCouple - Jan 12, 2011 CONGRATULATIONS 

HustyG (Lisa) - March 2nd 2011 UP NEXT

JoNewhams - March 3, 2011

Irisheyes- March 16, 2011
Georgie2b - 25 March 2011 

Dana (dcairns) - April 11,2011

MissTaken - April 13, 2011

Dressa - April 19th, 2011

jenngene2011 - May 7, 2011

Mrs. Williams - May, 28, 2011
MrsEtienne2b - July 1st, 2011
krob100- July 9th 2011
KCB2011 - July 19, 2011
3Degrees - July 30, 2011 

Hello ladies. I've been reading all the posts for the past few months, trying to catch up and take it all in. I don't know what I'd do without this, LOVING learning from all of you. Best wishes for those coming up this week!

krob100- July 9th 2011
Sarah (Miss Q) - July 16th, 2011
KCB2011 - July 19, 2011
3Degrees - July 30, 2011 

LISA IS GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!

Ladies, 5 weeks till i leave for La Romana... I'm not sure if i'm in a panic or just going with the flow. But I can tell you i'm looking forward to the beach and sun and fun that week is going to give. (i'm so sick of the snow) I'm supposed to see my real touch flowers today too!! Just got a call that my dress alterations are done too... My custom glasses for wedding party are shipped... wow its like a 1-2-3 punch of wedding bliss lol.  

Just wanted to let anyone who was wondering about Tiara know, that I got an email from her yesterday so she is back in business. 

have a great day!!!!

Dana

I added my date to the thread (November 12, 2011).  I spent the last few weeks reading through the entire thread and feel fairly prepared as to what to expect.  I still have a number of questions to resolve and will be traveling to Dreams over Memorial Day weekend to meet with Yanna or Tiara to get everything answered and confirmed.  This would me my 4th time staying at Dreams La Romana and for those of you who haven't been there before, it is a gorgeous location and one of the best all-inclusives I've ever been to so you won't be disappointed with your choice.

krob100- July 9th 2011
Sarah (Miss Q) - July 16th, 2011
KCB2011 - July 19, 2011
3Degrees - July 30, 2011
DreamsBride2011 (Katie) - November 12, 2011  

Hi Ladies-

I stumbled accross this site a few days ago and it was the best thing that happened. I am getting married at DLR on April 4th! To complicate it all, I suffered an injury and will be on crutches! We have 60+ people booked, so unfortunately the show must go on. I am so glad to hear your responses and wished I had found this months ago!

I am still waiting to hear back from Tiara on my list of items, but I was wondering if anyone could answer me on this:

- If you purchase the flowers from the resort, are the bridesmaid's bouquets really $75 each?? It seems like a simple detail, but I have 6 bridesmaids and it could add up!

Thanks again for all the info.

Carrie

Originally Posted by dcairns View Post

LISA IS GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!

Ladies, 5 weeks till i leave for La Romana... I'm not sure if i'm in a panic or just going with the flow. But I can tell you i'm looking forward to the beach and sun and fun that week is going to give. (i'm so sick of the snow) I'm supposed to see my real touch flowers today too!! Just got a call that my dress alterations are done too... My custom glasses for wedding party are shipped... wow its like a 1-2-3 punch of wedding bliss lol.  

Just wanted to let anyone who was wondering about Tiara know, that I got an email from her yesterday so she is back in business. 

have a great day!!!!

Dana

Dana,

Thank you so much for letting us know that Tiara is back in business :D and that hopefully all your questions ladies will be answered much quicker now too :)))

I am so glad that everything is coming together so nicely for you as well, 3things done in one day - that's a result!!! :) Did you receive your real touch flowers yesterday? :)) If you have any pix post here, i am sure all girls here would be happy to see it and share your happiness :)))

OMG you have only 5 weeks left until you leave!!!! - you must be buzzing from excitement!!!...time goes very quickly! :) Very exited for you!!! We here in the Uk don't get much snow, but still wishing for an amazing beach and sun in La Romana - you will be there very soon Dana :D

Oh and Lisa if you will be reading this Congratulations on becoming MRS yesterday, hope you had a blast and tell us all about it when you are back!!! :)))x

Also Congratulations to JoNewham - she is getting married today!!! :Dx

xoxo

Welcome Katie and Carrie!!! :D

And Congratulations on your upcoming weddings too!!! :)))

This thread is amazing and girls here are lovely - helped me alot when we have decided to go with Dreams La Romana, because we never stayed there! but it looks amazing and all girls here seemed to have a wonderful time there on their big days :D

Katie - if you will get any answers from Tiara or Yanna about anything wedding related, do you think you could post here when you will have a free minute - i am sure it might help some brides that have the same questions :D

Carrie - your wedding is soooo soon!!! wau girl, not long and you will become MRS!!! :D

Ladies, if you have anything to share or ask go ahead, it is most likely that another bride on here might just know the answer of solution ;D

Best wishes to you all from rainy England!!! :)

xoxo

Dana - I can't believe its only 5 weeks!  So excited for you!

Carrie - I think the cost of flowers really is that much - I have heard that most place REALLY overcharge for fresh flower arrangments for the DWs in the Caribbean.  A lot of girls decide to use real touch flowers and bring them down because it is so much cheaper.  You can always check with Tiara about modifying the arrangments to keep the costs lower?  I'm thinking of doing real touch flowers for the bouts and corsages so I can spend more of my flower budget on the fresh flower bouquets when I get down there.  Are you getting a wedding package or going with the free one and adding on?  I have the ultimate package and since this included 2 centerpieces, I am checking with Tiara about using fewer flowers in each centerpiece so I don't have to pay quite as much (5 simpler centerpieces instead of 2 larger centerpieces for the same price) - I am bringing a few things down to add to our centerpieces anyways.  Hopefully a bride who has already gotten married down there could let you know what their experience was when they were actually there too!

Kelsie, its such a great idea with real touch flowers post some pix's here when you will get yours!!! :)))

I wish I could have them done too...I have checked in the UK and if they are good quality they are almost as expensive as real ones and I like the quality of them in the US better anyway...but if you order something larger from US you have to pay a lot tax on the top of it here in the UK...so decided to stick with the real flowers in Dreams!

Looking through the list of extras you can have in DLR, I have noticed corsage for $25...if they will be the ones that can go on your wrist (like you get on your prom night lol:)) they might look quite cute on bridesmaids - maybe it could be a good option for you Carrie??!! as paying $75 for 6 bridesmaids is a bit too much...:/

I have not decided on centerpieces yet...although i was thinking about it lol :))) My wonderful FI wanted a specific gazebo decoration (i will try post a picture below) and I was thinking to ask Yanna, maybe it will be possible then to take some of it off (while we will have our pictures taken and cocktail hour) and have it as centerpieces???...i don't know how possible its is to be honest...just trying to find some ways to save money on such a things :D what do you think ladies??? :)))

xoxo

Gazebo Garden1.jpg