Dreams La Romana

You're welcome..

I've been planning this since July 2010, when I decided on La Romana. My wedding date is on April 11th,2011 but we arrive there on the 6th. I do plan on putting together some sort of planning thread, just time is rushing so fast and all the last minute things are coming along. My real touch flowers should be ready soon. All the stuff i've ordered for OOT bags and such. It's crazy, but fun. I went for my dress fitting this past Sunday. So now i'm doing the nervous (but excited thing). When is yours?

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

Dana, thank you so much for your advise, i will check it out tonight and hopefully I will find something lol :D how is your planing coming along anyway? how long do you have left till your big day now?! :))

xoxo

Oh I can only imagine how excited you must be being so close to your big day!!!! :D And even thought you will have to deal with all last minute things, as soon as you get on that plane 6th of April, you will leave it all behind and you will be able to fully enjoy every moment of you wedding :))) that's the whole point of destination weddings isn't it ;)

Our big day is not for a while lol... :D we are booked for March 6th 2012 lol!!! but i am one of those people that want to do as much as possible straight away so then closer to the date I will only have few more last minute things to sort out :)))

Talking about dresses, I have found "the dress" last month :)) will be ordering it any time now - went with Pronovias and it takes them around 9months to do the dress...so just happy that found it so early :))

Enjoy your last weeks of planning and keep us posted how are you doing :))x

xoxo

I was like you, its good to plan early and in little steps... :) Happy Planning yourself. I just heard back from Elke and have my hair appointments booked finally. Which I was worried about a you can only do that 3 months before. Now to just touch base with HDC, and Pastor Rick and everything else is just gravy... :)

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

Oh I can only imagine how excited you must be being so close to your big day!!!! :D And even thought you will have to deal with all last minute things, as soon as you get on that plane 6th of April, you will leave it all behind and you will be able to fully enjoy every moment of you wedding :))) that's the whole point of destination weddings isn't it ;)

Our big day is not for a while lol... :D we are booked for March 6th 2012 lol!!! but i am one of those people that want to do as much as possible straight away so then closer to the date I will only have few more last minute things to sort out :)))

Talking about dresses, I have found "the dress" last month :)) will be ordering it any time now - went with Pronovias and it takes them around 9months to do the dress...so just happy that found it so early :))

Enjoy your last weeks of planning and keep us posted how are you doing :))x

xoxo

I will have to put hair appointment on my list now too, didn't even think of it...:) Thanks Dana for reminding me :)) I have been talking to HDC too this past week, we are trying to put together a photography and videography package :D

Anyway keep us posted and don't forget you will be MRS very soon yay :))

xoxo 

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading this forum for a while now (trying to get through all 190 pages!) and finally got around to joining!  We are getting married at Dreams La Romana in July 2011 - not sure the exact date since I am waiting for Tiara to confirm my deposit etc.

I'm sure this question was answered in the past, so I'm sorry to be annoying, but I also read that sometimes their "rules" change so it's best to ask for the latest!  We are having 30-40 people with us and I am having the same issue as so many of you - I am not sure why I am paying $35 per person for dinner when we have already paid for it inteh all inclusive.  Is there anyone who has had a similar size group who was able to have the reception dinner without paying the per person fees AND still able to have the decorations/tables set up in their own area?

Oh also as a sidenote to that - What is the deal/rules about playing music (for first dance etc)?  I have read that you can only have music if you rent out an entire restaurant?

Any help would be awesome because I am totally confused about how to go about this whole dinner reception thing!

Thanks!!

Hi there and welcome!

I'll try to answer your question.  If you want a private reception outside or inside you pay for the service and that's approx. 35$ a head.  The music issue is only if you want to have your reception "inside" one of the restaurants. As you can't disturb other patrons, as its not a private reception. Now I know that you can get semi private at one of the a la cartes.. but no dj.. But just ask Tiara or Yanna this in point form so you can get the answer you need.

They really are busy and are really very helpful but have to sift through alot.

I may be wrong, not sure. I'm paying for the barservice per head and also the dj ....

Originally Posted by KCB2011 View Post

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading this forum for a while now (trying to get through all 190 pages!) and finally got around to joining!  We are getting married at Dreams La Romana in July 2011 - not sure the exact date since I am waiting for Tiara to confirm my deposit etc.

I'm sure this question was answered in the past, so I'm sorry to be annoying, but I also read that sometimes their "rules" change so it's best to ask for the latest!  We are having 30-40 people with us and I am having the same issue as so many of you - I am not sure why I am paying $35 per person for dinner when we have already paid for it inteh all inclusive.  Is there anyone who has had a similar size group who was able to have the reception dinner without paying the per person fees AND still able to have the decorations/tables set up in their own area?

Oh also as a sidenote to that - What is the deal/rules about playing music (for first dance etc)?  I have read that you can only have music if you rent out an entire restaurant?

Any help would be awesome because I am totally confused about how to go about this whole dinner reception thing!

Thanks!!

Thanks dcairns!!  I will make sure to Tiara when I email her next - I think we are planning on bring an ipod dock and playing our own music but was hoping we would be able to do that on the Seaside Grill without it costing an arm and a leg!

Do you all suggest booking hair appointments with the spa in advance or waiting until we get down there?

Hi Ladies...

I know this has been discussed numerous times on here, but I just wanted to get some advice from anyone who has had a symbolic ceremony.

After speaking to several of you one here, we are strongly considering getting married (or as we like to think of it, doing the legalities), the day before we jet of to La Romana, then having the wedding as planned in Dreams. The only worry is that we really don't want it to appear to a renewal of vows/symbolic ceremony to our guests who have forked out a fortune to be with us!

Has anyone done this already?

Also, I have been advised by Dreams that there is a company who hire out large speakers so that an i pod dock can be plugged in and played a bit louder. I'm waiting for the contact details but if anyone else knows of this please let me know.

KCB2011, when are you there in July?xxxx

MissTaken, if my memory serves me right, you are having your legal wedding ceremony tomorrow 14th Feb, before leaving to DR!!!! Just thought I will wish you all the best and congrats from all of us here, hope you will have a wonderful day!!! :D Let us know how it went as well :)

xoxo