Dreams La Romana

Hey I got a question for all the brides that had their legal ceremony done in Ontario ... how long before we leave to Dominican should we have it done, does it matter if its a month or a week before?  How long does it take to receive your marriage certificate? And do you need proof marriage in Dominican for a symbolic ceremony?

Thanks alot

Ewa

Hi Ewa,

As far as I know it doesn't matter how long before you go to the D.R. when you have your legal ceremony done because you're only doing the symbolic one.  I'm pretty sure you could do the symbolic ceremony before you had your legal ceremony too - you don't need proof of anything since there are no legal requirements to the symbolic ceremony. 

I'm not sure how long it will take to get your Ontario marriage certificate...I will find out tomorrow though!  Once I know, I can tell you...

As an aside, the lady who is performing our legal ceremony tomorrow will be giving us a blank marriage certificate/license so that, during our symbolic one at DLR we can have the boys come up and sign it with us, to keep as a souvenir of our big day!   :)

Nancy 

Originally Posted by MissTaken View Post

Hey I got a question for all the brides that had their legal ceremony done in Ontario ... how long before we leave to Dominican should we have it done, does it matter if its a month or a week before?  How long does it take to receive your marriage certificate? And do you need proof marriage in Dominican for a symbolic ceremony?

Thanks alot

Ewa

Hi all,

I'm getting on the plane in 4 hours and then off to the DR!!!

Thanks for all your help and your positive thoughts. Tomas is taking a turn west so we should be good by Monday.

NancM, I'd love to see you as well and have a drink. How about we plan for the lobby bar on the 12th at 7pm? If you can make it, great, otherwise I'll just catch you back at BDW. I'm sure I can ask for your real name from Yanna as well, if you don't mind, so I could contact you through the hotel.

Best of luck!

Rikki

Originally Posted by NancM View Post

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the well wishes...I really can't believe we leave in a little over 1 week.  Where has the time gone? 

I can't thank the ladies on this forum enough for all of the information that has been passed around - without this site, I'd have been completely lost. 

I read your script...it's beautiful and I have borrowed some of the wording from it, as well as from Bee's and dolfinluck's too.  Again, you're all lifesavers.  Tried reading our ceremony script to my fiancé and my boys last night, but to no one's surprise, I had a wee bit of a problem doing that when I started crying, so my oldest (who is eight) read it and was so funny it made our night.  I wish he wanted to do the entire service for us, 'cause it was hilarious...so now, when Elke does it in the D.R., we'll all be chuckling and it will make us think back to the comedic version of it.  smile120.gif

I hope your planning is still going strong...you sound like you've got a leg up on so much.  Good for you for getting it done earlier rather than later too!  Less stressful when your day arrives.

Nancy

Hi Rikki,

I am thinking of you and hoping and praying that this storm/hurricane passes by!  Good for you for not letting it get you down...I know how you are feeling.  We get in on the 11th and this has been a source of worry and stress for me. 

Tons of positive vibes are being sent your way!!!!! 

Still hoping to meet you and your husband after we arrive...hope all is well and your day is just as you imagined it to be!

All the best,

Nancy 

Hi Rikki,

I can't believe you're leaving in a few hours...how exciting for you.  Glad the storms are going to be out of the picture by your wedding day.  I will continue to track them and see how they're moving.  Best of luck on Monday - it is the 8th isn't it, your big day?  If it isn't sorry for the mix up and good luck on THE day!

As for the 12th, we have no plans, so, as long as the boys are being taken care of, I'm sure we can meet in the lobby @ 7 pm.  I'm Nancy Morgan, so you can reach me through the hotel as of the 11th, after dinner.

Look forward to hearing all about the wedding...it will be beautiful!!!!!

Nancy   

Originally Posted by hermosahoops View Post

Hi all,

I'm getting on the plane in 4 hours and then off to the DR!!!

Thanks for all your help and your positive thoughts. Tomas is taking a turn west so we should be good by Monday.

NancM, I'd love to see you as well and have a drink. How about we plan for the lobby bar on the 12th at 7pm? If you can make it, great, otherwise I'll just catch you back at BDW. I'm sure I can ask for your real name from Yanna as well, if you don't mind, so I could contact you through the hotel.

Best of luck!

Rikki

I have tried to ask Tiara a gazillion different ways as to what bouquets come with the package and what is extra.  I have also tried a to ask her about prices for decorations etc. to absolutely no avail.  How dang hard is it for a place to be able to give you an itemized, detailed price list.  I don't want the bouquets start at x.  I need specifics.  Does anyone have any tips for getting real, complete answers from this woman???

Hi there,

I suggest you ask in point form and ask questions that have a specific answer , such as yes/no. 

I have pictures in my album of the bouquets that Tiara sent. I believe in the pdf off the site of Dreams there is a price on the bouquets for you and your bridesmaids. But I may have the extra menu at home, I would have to check.

I ended up going with Real Touch flowers because they ended up being cheaper than their prices.

Originally Posted by 3degrees View Post

I have tried to ask Tiara a gazillion different ways as to what bouquets come with the package and what is extra.  I have also tried a to ask her about prices for decorations etc. to absolutely no avail.  How dang hard is it for a place to be able to give you an itemized, detailed price list.  I don't want the bouquets start at x.  I need specifics.  Does anyone have any tips for getting real, complete answers from this woman???

Hi 3degrees,

As someone who is going in a few weeks, I can tell you this much about flowers; I got a questionaire last week in preporation for our arrival, it sais clearly on that form that only 4 types of flowers come standard for the price that is given on the extras sheet (or included in your wedding package) roses, callas lilies, lilies, anthurium and Bird of Paradise, if you want anything else it says clearly to tell them what and they will give you a new price quote.

Be very careful, and very clear as to what you want. I agree with Danna, in the early stages of planning you are better off asking simple questions that can be answered with a yes or no, try to itemize them and put them into 1 e-mail. If you are the type of person who sends random e-mails whenever something pops in your head than this process is going to kill you. You have to pack as much as you can into each e-mail and make sure that you are not long winded with your questions, short and sweet.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lisa,

I ordered from the Silver menu and the food was reaaalllly good!! Here is what we chose:

Entree:

Capresse Salad

Soup:

Cream of tomato soup with tangerine and fresh basil

Main Course: (Guests got to choose one of these two options; both were so goooood!!)

Chicken cordon bleu in a pomodoro sauce 

OR

Beef tenderloin with fresh mushrooms, served with chateau potatoes and vegetables

Dessert

Apple pie with a calvados and vanilla sauce

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by LisaRob View Post

Can anyone who ordered from the silver or gold menu tell me what they chose, pleeeeease?!??  The description of the food sounds delicious, but I'd like to hear feedback from you all on what you ordered and how the food tasted, and if there is something I should stay clear of! lol

Thanks!

Rikki,

I know exactly how you feel! My biggest worry for my wedding day was the weather. The reason why I chose a destination wedding and DLR was because I wanted to have an outdoor wedding in a beautiful area :)

The day before my wedding, it was pouring and thundering the whole day which it usually doesnt happen; it usually just rains really hard for a little bit and then it stops. So you can imagine how stressed I was; but the next day it was sunny and beautiful and I was truly blessed!

Im positive you will have a beautiful wedding day with lots of sunshine :) I wish you only the best on your wedding day and enjoy it as it passes by so quickly :)

Originally Posted by hermosahoops View Post

Ok, I have a request for all my DLR forum friends out there! We are scheduled to fly down to the DR on Friday, which of course is the day that Tropical Storm/Hurricane Thomas is scheduled to make landfall in Miami...

Would you please put out positive intentions for my wedding, my guests, and my flights to not be delayed/injured/canceled in any way? The DR has had a rainy year, but of course I get to have the hurricane!

Hi Nancy,

Congrats on you civil wedding :)

Now youre off to your destination wedding (the most important one LOL) I hope you have a wonderful wedding and I hope its everything you wished for :)

SUNNY WEATHER AND CLEAR SKIES FOR EVERYONE!!!! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by NancM View Post

Thank you ladies for all of the well wishes and positive thoughts being sent!!!  Every little bit helps...

Here's hoping to sunny weather and clear skies for everyone!!!

Best of luck in your planning everyone,

Nancy

xo

Hi Ewa,

I had my civil ceremony in Ontario about 2 months before my DLR wedding! I had it at the North York Civic Centre and we got our marriage licence right there :)

Yanna never asked for it as we had a symbolic ceremony but we took it w/ us just in case! I think you should bring it with you; better safe than sorry wink.gif

Originally Posted by MissTaken View Post

Thanks alot

Ewa