Dreams La Romana

Hi Emma,

We had our dinner on the beach and here is a pic from my photographer's blog of the reception site.  PM me if you want to see more as i can give you the password to see all 1000 plus pictures she took! 

dominican_republic_wedding008.JPG

Originally Posted by EmmaHartel View Post

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while. My wedding is set at DLR for 5/14/11 and I'm starting to get Really REALLY excited. I wondered if anyone had any pictures of the area for the dinner reception on the beach. I could only find a couple from that were pretty dark so I couldn't really tell about the area. We're back and forth for the ceremony between the gazebo & the (what I'm assuming is new) casita on the sand. But we're nearly certain about having cocktails on the pier (the pictures of that look so pretty), and the dinner on the beach. If anyone has pictures of the beach dinner area, I'd love to see!

Thanks ladies!

~Emma~

Hi Dana,

Thank you for the well wishes...I really can't believe we leave in a little over 1 week.  Where has the time gone? 

I can't thank the ladies on this forum enough for all of the information that has been passed around - without this site, I'd have been completely lost. 

I read your script...it's beautiful and I have borrowed some of the wording from it, as well as from Bee's and dolfinluck's too.  Again, you're all lifesavers.  Tried reading our ceremony script to my fiancé and my boys last night, but to no one's surprise, I had a wee bit of a problem doing that when I started crying, so my oldest (who is eight) read it and was so funny it made our night.  I wish he wanted to do the entire service for us, 'cause it was hilarious...so now, when Elke does it in the D.R., we'll all be chuckling and it will make us think back to the comedic version of it.  smile120.gif

I hope your planning is still going strong...you sound like you've got a leg up on so much.  Good for you for getting it done earlier rather than later too!  Less stressful when your day arrives.

Nancy

Originally Posted by dcairns View Post

Good luck to Hermahoops and NancyM, can't remember when you are leaving but i know its SOON!!!elefant.gif

Hi Rikki,

I am thinking of you and hoping and praying that this storm/hurricane passes by!  Good for you for not letting it get you down...I know how you are feeling.  We get in on the 11th and this has been a source of worry and stress for me. 

Tons of positive vibes are being sent your way!!!!! 

Still hoping to meet you and your husband after we arrive...hope all is well and your day is just as you imagined it to be!

All the best,

Nancy 

Originally Posted by hermosahoops View Post

Ok, I have a request for all my DLR forum friends out there! We are scheduled to fly down to the DR on Friday, which of course is the day that Tropical Storm/Hurricane Thomas is scheduled to make landfall in Miami...

Would you please put out positive intentions for my wedding, my guests, and my flights to not be delayed/injured/canceled in any way? The DR has had a rainy year, but of course I get to have the hurricane!

I'm not going to let it get me down, but it does put a damper on my anticipation of a beautiful beach week.

So please, if you have a minute, cast a positive intention out there for the storm to dissipate and for everything to be fine. I would really appreciate the thoughts.

Thanks!

Rikki

Nancy and Rikki, best of luck to you both!  I hope you both have a fabulous vacation and that your wedding day is filled with love and beautiful memories :)

Definitely thinking good vibes and intentions for the weather....but I think it's going to be fine! 

Can anyone who ordered from the silver or gold menu tell me what they chose, pleeeeease?!??  The description of the food sounds delicious, but I'd like to hear feedback from you all on what you ordered and how the food tasted, and if there is something I should stay clear of! lol

Thanks!

Good luck to the ladies getting married in the following weeks! Im sure everything will fine and you will have an amazing wedding!

RE: Dinner Reception

I was just wondering if anyone has recently gotten the dinner receptions prices from DLR. I inquired about the dinner for up to 60 on the SSG at one set rate as it was previously suggested on this forum, but Tiara responded advising that they no longer offering the exclusivity of the restaurants and that if we want a reception dinner you have to pay per person (US$30 for the silver menu and US$35 for the gold menu).

This is not such a big issue for us since the number of guests we have it would have ended up costing the same but I  wanted to let the other brides know in case they were hoping to get the private reception of up to 60 ppl deal.

really...

I have an official quote from Tiara that I hope respects it. I have so much on  my plate I don't want to stress. I would ask her for the menu with prices.   OH boy !

Originally Posted by Dressa View Post

Good luck to the ladies getting married in the following weeks! Im sure everything will fine and you will have an amazing wedding!

RE: Dinner Reception

I was just wondering if anyone has recently gotten the dinner receptions prices from DLR. I inquired about the dinner for up to 60 on the SSG at one set rate as it was previously suggested on this forum, but Tiara responded advising that they no longer offering the exclusivity of the restaurants and that if we want a reception dinner you have to pay per person (US$30 for the silver menu and US$35 for the gold menu).

This is not such a big issue for us since the number of guests we have it would have ended up costing the same but I  wanted to let the other brides know in case they were hoping to get the private reception of up to 60 ppl deal.

Thank you ladies for all of the well wishes and positive thoughts being sent!!!  Every little bit helps...

Here's hoping to sunny weather and clear skies for everyone!!!

On a side note, has anyone been in contact or heard from Yanna lately?  I sent her my finished script the other day (Tuesday) with some questions, and have yet to hear from her...I know she is busy, but with our wedding fast approaching, I'd like her to get back to me about a couple of things.  Thanks!!!!!  :)

I never actually received an official quote about any of the services we'll be getting, just email after email of prices, but never an official invoice from anyone.  I too hope they honour their prices that were quoted in their emails.  I've got all of those in a folder that I will be taking with us, so we'll see what happens when we arrive I guess.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend...our legal ceremony at City Hall is taking place tomorrow, so I'm officially off work after today until we get back from DLR.  Woo hoo...3 weeks off!!!  Looking forward to it...  smile123.gif

Best of luck in your planning everyone,

Nancy

xo