Dreams La Romana

Thanks Pink_Petals for your answer about the dinners at the a la carte restaurants.  That is great to hear that we can try them all and don't have to worry about waking up early to go make reservations or wait in a line up to make reservations like you must do at other AI's.  I hope it's as easy as it seems!

I'd also like to thank you for your help with the tablecloth questions.  I've visited the efavormart site before but have been hesitant to order anything online.  You've definitely given me the push do to so!!!!

Awesome!  Thank you.  Also, I'm glad you mentioned the amount of lanterns needed as that was probably going to be my next question!

One last thing, my dress is the exact same as yours, just in red (~ a little daring, I know!), and you'd think I'd know this, but it's been in a box for almost 2 years.  Is it difficult to walk/dance in?  I'm thinking of buying a completely different 2nd dress to avoid this, so your opinion would be greatly appreciated!  ~And, trying it on isn't an option as I know I have to get it altered. I've lost a few pounds since then (I had it made just after our 2nd baby was born).  Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaRob View Post

That is great to hear that we can try them all and don't have to worry about waking up early to go make reservations or wait in a line up to make reservations like you must do at other AI's.  I hope it's as easy as it seems!

I'd also like to thank you for your help with the tablecloth questions.  I've visited the efavormart site before but have been hesitant to order anything online.  You've definitely given me the push do to so!!!!

Lisa, Its really that easy with the a la carte restaurants at DLR :)

Ive ordered a lot of things off the internet for the wedding...You just have to make sure you do your research before to be sure the website is a reliable one. You can def. trust efavormart :) I got my napkins from there as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krod100 View Post

Pink Petals you looked beautiful on your wedding day!!! I am glad everything turned out so beautiful!!!!

I have a qucik question for you, did you or your geuest have trouble wearing high heels on the deck? Did your heels get stuck at all?

Thanks!

Thank you so much :)

The ladies had no problem wearing high heels on the deck; none of us got our heels stuck! so dont worry :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arily View Post

Awesome!  Thank you.  Also, I'm glad you mentioned the amount of lanterns needed as that was probably going to be my next question!

One last thing, my dress is the exact same as yours, just in red (~ a little daring, I know!), and you'd think I'd know this, but it's been in a box for almost 2 years.  Is it difficult to walk/dance in?  I'm thinking of buying a completely different 2nd dress to avoid this, so your opinion would be greatly appreciated!  ~And, trying it on isn't an option as I know I have to get it altered. I've lost a few pounds since then (I had it made just after our 2nd baby was born).  Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I found it easy to walk and dance in my dress...it was actually very light! However, towards the end of the night I did change into a little white short dress but only because initially I thought that I would have to go to the disco at 11:00 p.m. when the reception was done so I wanted something more comfy. We did end up staying at the reception until 2:00 a.m. but I still changed into the other dress b/c I paid $ for it.

Hey Girls! Hope you all (Canadian brides) had a great thanksgiving!

I got some prices for the private reception (still waiting for more info) but I am just not willing to pay for food in all inclusive resort...it seems so wrong!....our original idea was just to reserve some tables at one of the A La Carte restaurants but since we already have 30 ppl booked we're over the limit for that...I'm now contemplating just having an hors d'oeuvres since it costs less per person.

The ideal scenario would be we have our ceremony at 5:00pm and go take some pictures while the guests go grab something to eat..then around 7:00 pm or so have the hors d'oeuvres and cut the cake and do the speech at that time..after that everyone would head to the disco or lounge for drinks.

Did anyone try to go for the hors d'oeuvres only? My parents think the guests will expect at least a dinner...would the hors d'oeuvres only be too bad?

What do you girls think? Your honesty is greatly appreciated...

Thanks again!!

Dressa

Hi Dressa! Welcome!

I'm not sure when your wedding date is, but keep in mind that the sun sets pretty early in the Dominican, and you might have a hard time getting a ton of photos done after your ceremony at 5pm. It depends on your style though; if you are wanting a sunset wedding, 5pm might be perfect for you!

I know that wasn't your question, but I thought I'd offer my 2 cents anyway. :)

Regarding dinner, if you book the seaside grill, you can order off the menu, so you aren't technically paying for the food, just the space. I'm not sure how you do that, vs. doing the $30 a head dinner, but a lot of the other girls on here have done that. I have a super small wedding, 12 people, so we're just going to an A la Carte for dinner.

Good luck on the planning!!

Rikki

Originally Posted by Dressa View Post

Hey Girls! Hope you all (Canadian brides) had a great thanksgiving!

I got some prices for the private reception (still waiting for more info) but I am just not willing to pay for food in all inclusive resort...it seems so wrong!....our original idea was just to reserve some tables at one of the A La Carte restaurants but since we already have 30 ppl booked we're over the limit for that...I'm now contemplating just having an hors d'oeuvres since it costs less per person.

The ideal scenario would be we have our ceremony at 5:00pm and go take some pictures while the guests go grab something to eat..then around 7:00 pm or so have the hors d'oeuvres and cut the cake and do the speech at that time..after that everyone would head to the disco or lounge for drinks.

Did anyone try to go for the hors d'oeuvres only? My parents think the guests will expect at least a dinner...would the hors d'oeuvres only be too bad?

What do you girls think? Your honesty is greatly appreciated...

Thanks again!!

Dressa