Dreams La Romana

Hello Ladies,

I noticed some of you brought your own (beautiful) decorations for the gazebo. Does the resort charge any extra fees for bringing your own decorations? I was thinking of doing the same for my wedding in April 2011.

I was also wondering if anyone just hooked up an iPod to the speakers for the wedding ceremony. I want a specific song and I'm not a huge fan of how much we have to pay for the trio to play unknown songs. Does anyone know if they provide the speakers? If so how much did they charge?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I am slowly getting things together..once I have all the decor and wedding attire I will post some pictures so you'll can see them! Can't wait to go to Dreams La Romana!!

Thanks!!

Hi Atossato,

From what I know, people brought down their own systems for their IPod. I am getting the DJ (unless I can find a great price on a speaker Ipod dock) which costs 250$ I know from my questions in the past, that you could "rent" the speakers for 250$ (which is the same as a Dj, I know doesn't make much sense)

From what I know about the decorations, they don't charge. I am bringing down paper lanterns myself, when is your wedding in April??

Dana

Originally Posted by atossato View Post

Hello Ladies,

I noticed some of you brought your own (beautiful) decorations for the gazebo. Does the resort charge any extra fees for bringing your own decorations? I was thinking of doing the same for my wedding in April 2011.

I was also wondering if anyone just hooked up an iPod to the speakers for the wedding ceremony. I want a specific song and I'm not a huge fan of how much we have to pay for the trio to play unknown songs. Does anyone know if they provide the speakers? If so how much did they charge?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I am slowly getting things together..once I have all the decor and wedding attire I will post some pictures so you'll can see them! Can't wait to go to Dreams La Romana!!

Thanks!!

lol, i feel like i should put together a wedding coordinator manual at this point. I'm just happy to help, i know when i started all this i was nervous, lost and didn't know where to start.   I'm still nervous, but not lost, just panicked at getting everything that I want done!!! lol... Ask away, If i know the answer then i will help out!

Originally Posted by katierenae View Post

thank you for the website!  you've done your research girl! :)

I emailed Yanna to see if there would be any charge to hang up tulle I brought myself and she replied:

Yes you must pay an extra cost, because the florist has to fix the tulle in the gazebo, I will check with her how much and how many yards you need.

I think that means they are now charging to put up your decorations. We'll have to see what Bee found when she was there.

That's why I love this site soooo much and the people that I've "met"!!!   smile03.gif

Originally Posted by dcairns View Post

lol, i feel like i should put together a wedding coordinator manual at this point. I'm just happy to help, i know when i started all this i was nervous, lost and didn't know where to start.   I'm still nervous, but not lost, just panicked at getting everything that I want done!!! lol... Ask away, If i know the answer then i will help out!

Thanks for the information Dana and Hermosahoops!!

So it seems that getting the dj is the same price a renting the speakers then...hmm we might just as well go for the DJ then!

I was also thinking of bringing paper lanterns in white and salmon and maybe a tulle to run on the chairs (the simple chairs) along the isle I dont want flowers on the decoration of the gazebo.

Our wedding is on Tuesday, April 19th 2011 at the gazebo. We'll be there from Sunday Apr 17 to Sunday Apr 24 (easter Sunday). We have 30 ppl booked already and a few more guests are coming from Brazil as well!

My family and I are thinking of going to Altos de Chavon on the Monday to look for a local flower shop for the bridesmaids bouquets and maybe something for the centerpiece, I found the addresses for 8 different places but we'll try to find the local cemetery first (i know kinda of creepy eh?!) as they normally have a little flower shops at the entrance. The challenge will be getting them in the resort but we'll try to get something small in case we need to toss them or pay a fee.

I already got my wedding dress!!! I'll post some pictures when I go get it fitted around February or so.

What bridal gown styles are you all getting? Is anyone going for the full bridal gown or is everyone keeping is simple and flowy? I would love to know what the other brides are wearing!! 

Andressa Tossato

Hey Mrs Williams, 

Here are some address I found at  http://repubblica-dominicana.blogspot.com/2008/03/floresfloristerias-la-romana-repubblica.html

Flores para cada ocasiòn La Romana-Republica Dominicana     Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098
Casa de las Flores Ing. Bienvenido Creales N. 86 Tel. 809 813-0360
Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098
Floristería Braulio Castillo Márquez N. 63Tel. 809 550-3683
Floristería Creaciones Globiflor Tel. 809 556-4517 Duarte N. 43, Centro Ciudad
Floristería Jardín Oriental Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 10 Tel. 809 556-2175
Floristería El Clavel Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 58Tel. 809 556-5444
Jardín Constanza Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171 Tel. 809 813-1330
Floristería Jardín Oriental Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 10Tel. 809 556-2175 
Floristería Kaury Rosas Castillo Márquez N. 15 Tel. 809 556-3436
Floristería Mechis Tel. 809 556-5353 Pedro A. Lluberes N. 109
Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098
Gloriflor Duarte N. 43 globiflor@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-4517
Jardín Constanza Tel. 809 813-1330Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171
  web http://www.florista.net

I have not contacted any of them yet but Im sure you need to speak some spanish...but Hey, give them a call you never know ;)

Hey Mrs. Williams,

Here are the addresses I found at http://repubblica-dominicana.blogspot.com/2008/03/floresfloristerias-la-romana-repubblica.html

Flores para cada ocasiòn La Romana-Republica Dominicana   Florstanza Av. Libertad- Esq Pedro A 43Bflorstanza@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-1098Fax. 809 556-1098
Casa de las Flores Ing. Bienvenido Creales N. 86 Tel. 809 813-0360
Floristería Braulio Castillo Márquez N. 63Tel. 809 550-3683
Floristería Creaciones Globiflor Tel. 809 556-4517 Duarte N. 43, Centro Ciudad
Floristería Jardín Oriental Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 10 Tel. 809 556-2175
Floristería El Clavel Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 58Tel. 809 556-5444
Jardín Constanza Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171 Tel. 809 813-1330
Floristería Jardín Oriental Francisco Richiéz Doucudray N. 10Tel. 809 556-2175 
Floristería Kaury Rosas Castillo Márquez N. 15 Tel. 809 556-3436
Floristería Mechis Tel. 809 556-5353 Pedro A. Lluberes N. 109
Gloriflor Duarte N. 43 globiflor@codetel.net.doTel. 809 556-4517
Jardín Constanza Tel. 809 813-1330Pedro A. Lluberes N. 171   web http://www.florista.net