Dreams La Romana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Petals View Post
Hi dolfinluck;

He responded quickly when I needed his services but no reply back for me either in regards to recommending somene else; probably doesnt want competition lol

Are you going with the emplyee of the hotel? Whats the difference between this employee and Tiara? english is better? longer ceremony? Did you write long vows as well??

sorry for all these questions but so many thoughts and questions are running through my mind now...I never expected not to have Pastor Rick busy on my wedding date *sigh*
that's what i thought too!

i think we will go with the employee, but want to speak with them first to see first hand how their english is. Tiara said they have courses and experience performing this type of ceremonies. Also will be dressed formally not in a hotel uniform. The second script i got from her was a bit longer, i am going to add a bit to it and see if that's ok, but it should be since I'm paying $150 for 15-20 mins of speaking.

The same thing happened to me with Pastor Rick! No response after he was booked.. There has to be someone else, or there should be anyway, they'd make a killing!

I decided to have a friend perform our ceremony for us... hopefully more personal that way and better pronunciation.

Hey Everyone! Okay, so I am not internet obsessed or anything, but we brought our laptop so that we could get everyone's pictures from them before we leave the resort. We have been here since late Saturday night, and so far everything has been wonderful! We met with Tiara this morning and she is super friendly and nice. Since we are having a legal ceremony, it will be in Spanish and translated to English, so I can let you know how that is after Wednesday! Also, we were happy to find out today that it doesn't actually take several weeks to get our marriage certificate in the mail, we will actually get it the day after the wedding! So that is awesome! And all of our guests have only said great things about the resort which is also a plus! So other than that, we have been having a great time and can't wait till Wednesday for the wedding! Again, if anyone needs to know anything or wants a specific picture, let me know and I can try to find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
Hey Everyone! Okay, so I am not internet obsessed or anything, but we brought our laptop so that we could get everyone's pictures from them before we leave the resort. We have been here since late Saturday night, and so far everything has been wonderful! We met with Tiara this morning and she is super friendly and nice. Since we are having a legal ceremony, it will be in Spanish and translated to English, so I can let you know how that is after Wednesday! Also, we were happy to find out today that it doesn't actually take several weeks to get our marriage certificate in the mail, we will actually get it the day after the wedding! So that is awesome! And all of our guests have only said great things about the resort which is also a plus! So other than that, we have been having a great time and can't wait till Wednesday for the wedding! Again, if anyone needs to know anything or wants a specific picture, let me know and I can try to find out!

Hi Jenne,

YAAAAAAYY....Its so good to hear everything is going well for you...Im super excited for you :) I hope everything goes well on Wednesday...it will for sure!!!! :)

I have a little favor to ask...I would love to see various pictures of the SSG deck from different angles including th concrete area before you step down onto the deck. Im bringing A LOT of decorations with me and I would love to get an idea of what I can do with the recepton place :) (i.e. round vs. reagular tables; hanging lanterns; etc)
So far, Tiara hasnt sent me any good pics of the place...always close ups of the tables...and Ive been going crazy searching the internet for pics of the deck!

Also, in case it rains (god forbid), where would the reception be held?

Thanks so much for you time...this forum is a life saver!!!

xoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
The second script i got from her was a bit longer, i am going to add a bit to it and see if that's ok, but it should be since I'm paying $150 for 15-20 mins of speaking.
Hmmmm..but I wanted the whole script to be put together by me...I dont understand why they would not allow that ..I dont just want to simply add to it b/c I already put it all together myself.... sad.gif

Having a close friend speak for us is not an option... our friends are all in their twenties so I cannot take them seriously LOL and the older people are all immigrants (We are all Eastern European) so having them read the script is just as bad as having Tiara read it; the accent is so heay LOOOOOL rofl.gif

What are you other ladies doing? Any input would be much appreciated!

xox Thanks again guys...Love you all!!

Hey Amy! Your journal looks great! We actually have a lot of similar tastes for our weddings:) I love all the DIY things you did...I was also thinking of making little survival kits for my girls...I got them Coach wristlets yesterday ($30 at the outlet store!) but wanted to do something else. I might also make them Bridesmaid t-shirts. Your dress is beautiful! And, I also want to do my hair in a similar way. The bubbles are a great idea! And your shoes are great! I was planning on getting turquoise ones from David's Bridal but I am gonna definitely check out zappos, first.

Oh, I was also planning on doing the mug thing! My fiance and I went to DR last year and we saw all these people with Bubba Kegs....so last summer when we went to Mexico we brought some with us and they are great! Plus, everyone knows why you are there which I love:) Where did you get yours from? I have been looking online and can only seem to find ones for companies.

Thank you so much and I hope you have an amazing time!!!

xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
Glad to hear everything when smoothly with Tiara, best of luck for tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Petals View Post
Hmmmm..but I wanted the whole script to be put together by me...I dont understand why they would not allow that ..I dont just want to simply add to it b/c I already put it all together myself.... sad.gif

Having a close friend speak for us is not an option... our friends are all in their twenties so I cannot take them seriously LOL and the older people are all immigrants (We are all Eastern European) so having them read the script is just as bad as having Tiara read it; the accent is so heay LOOOOOL rofl.gif

What are you other ladies doing? Any input would be much appreciated!

xox Thanks again guys...Love you all!!

I have not out right asked her if I can give her my own, so it might be an option my only concern would be pronunciation on something that is new to them instead of reading from the same old script. Personally i would prefer the eastern european accents, my fathers parents were from Poland and when i hear that accent it minds me of them (they have both passed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Its great Amy!!! where did you find all the time for all those DIYs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM View Post
Hey Amy! Your journal looks great! We actually have a lot of similar tastes for our weddings:) I love all the DIY things you did...I was also thinking of making little survival kits for my girls...I got them Coach wristlets yesterday ($30 at the outlet store!) but wanted to do something else. I might also make them Bridesmaid t-shirts. Your dress is beautiful! And, I also want to do my hair in a similar way. The bubbles are a great idea! And your shoes are great! I was planning on getting turquoise ones from David's Bridal but I am gonna definitely check out zappos, first.
Oh, I was also planning on doing the mug thing! My fiance and I went to DR last year and we saw all these people with Bubba Kegs....so last summer when we went to Mexico we brought some with us and they are great! Plus, everyone knows why you are there which I love:) Where did you get yours from? I have been looking online and can only seem to find ones for companies.
Thank you so much and I hope you have an amazing time!!!
xo
Thanks, Gem!
I got my mugs from DiscountMugs.com. They were the best price I could find, even though I had to pay duties to ship to Canada. But - order extras because I was short on my shipment and they would only refund the difference, not give me more mugs sad.gif

I got the bags from Old Navy last year... I stupidly didn't get myself one and they didn't make them this year... booooo...

Heather - I have no idea where I found all the time! LOL It's seriously been like a part time job doing this... what will I do with all my spare time when it's donehuh.gif hahaha
I am really looking forward to giving up the TA part of this whole experience... and trust me, my guests better not come to me with all their little issues when we're at the resort. I am going to lose it if that happens.