Dreams La Romana

I am also thinking of getting at dreams la romana, I recently was in touch with the wedding coordinator at dreams palm beach punta cana and she said i can not reserve the beach until the day i get there? do you know if this is the same at la romana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM View Post
Is anyone else having their ceremony or reception on the Beach? We are having both (hopefully) and I just wanted to know what kind of decorations to have. The arch seems like a little much for us. Also, didn't someone say in an earlier post that if we do it on the beach that we have to have a buffet dinner? Because I asked Tiara and she said it is recommended for more than 50 guests...which we will probably only have like 20-25.
I am having both my ceremony and reception on the beach and about 30 people attending. I don't really like the arch they have, so I am just bringing down some pictures of ones that I like and hopefully I will be able to work something out that I like ... and that isn't too much money. I am going to have a rose petal isle and the white wooden chairs. That's about it ... I think. Oh, and the Caribbean Music Trio.

For the reception we are having the Silver Menu served to us and paying for bar service. We are bringing a Bose iPod system for dinner and dancing music. I am also having 10 tikki torches placed around the reception area.

lreyes07,
I have had the beach ceremony location reserved since I put my deposit down about 6 months ago.

LizzyJane, I am so sorry to hear about your family! I actually almost couldn't believe it when I read it because I am in the exact same situation. My fiance's family is great..they have been so supportive. We actually are really good friends with some of his cousins and their fiance and hubby and they are in our wedding party. I have a smaller family than him and its really just my parents, me, and my two brothers. My parents really don't like the heat or the beach and we didn't speak for 6 months last year because of how we want to get married. My older brother and I are just now starting to speak through email, after a year, and my younger brother is caught in the middle. It really is a shame that some people have to act like this when it's such a joyous occasion. We have decided that we are not going to let this bother us and that we are going to go and have a great time with those people that want to be there and that are there for us. LJ, I hope you and your fiance do the same. Its very hard but it's your wedding! Don't let anyone try to put a damper on it!

Hi, hjack. You have to pay extra for the bar service on the beach? They don't provide that? Good idea about the arch and the tikki torches.

OMG Lizzy that is so sad. Your family will regret this in the future. Life is so short, too short to treat each other like that, especially family. My weddding was postponed for a year as my mother passed away Jan 2009. My dad is coming with us but my only sister has chosen not to go, had some lame excuses, hurts, but I would rather have fun with the people who want to be there.

I am sure your friends will make it all worth while.

GEM,

The bar service costs $3+26% USD per person. I was unaware about the charge for the bar service as well. I was confirming everything for the millionth time with Tiara, and somehow it came up. I am not sure if this only applies to the beach reception or if there is a bar service fee is for a restaurant reception as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjack View Post
GEM,
The bar service costs $3+26% USD per person. I was unaware about the charge for the bar service as well. I was confirming everything for the millionth time with Tiara, and somehow it came up. I am not sure if this only applies to the beach reception or if there is a bar service fee is for a restaurant reception as well.

OH! Does anyone else know what the deal is with this?? I hadn't budgeted on the extra bar fees :/