Dreams La Romana

Hi All:

Just catching up on this thread...wow, quite the buzz! Jenne, I'm shocked to see Tiara's response regarding the changing of the package. I think it was Dolfinluck who posted the 'fine print' as to the agreement which clearly does not make mention of them not being able to switch it! I really hope that you can negotiate something with Tiara.

If you do end up with two photographers, you might consider giving them separate assignments so that they're not competing for the same/perfect shot. Maybe have one assigned to capturing more candid shots of you interacting with your guests and the other strictly on you and your hubby. --just a thought.

How are the rest of you April brides feeling? I'm getting so excited for you all :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimpson View Post

If you do end up with two photographers, you might consider giving them separate assignments so that they're not competing for the same/perfect shot. Maybe have one assigned to capturing more candid shots of you interacting with your guests and the other strictly on you and your hubby. --just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing if I got stuck with not being able to switch or maybe have the package photographer come the day before for an engagement type of shoot.

Hi ladies,

My fiance called WE DO and also the Dominican Consulate in Toronto today. WE DO is located in Texas USA. They told us they can do all the paperwork and send it back to us in 10 business days and would cost 255.00 each.

The Dominican Consulate warned us not to use WE DO as they do their own translating and then still have to send it to Toronto for legalization. Then they give us another bill from the consulate for more money. Apparently, the consulate charges them the same as what they would charge us if we went in ourselves.

I realize most people on this thread are getting married prior to going to Dominican, but are there any brides out there that are getting married down there that are dealing with the paperwork? Has anyone used WE DO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybride2010atDreamsLR View Post
Hi ladies,
My fiance called WE DO and also the Dominican Consulate in Toronto today. WE DO is located in Texas USA. They told us they can do all the paperwork and send it back to us in 10 business days and would cost 255.00 each.

The Dominican Consulate warned us not to use WE DO as they do their own translating and then still have to send it to Toronto for legalization. Then they give us another bill from the consulate for more money. Apparently, the consulate charges them the same as what they would charge us if we went in ourselves.
I realize most people on this thread are getting married prior to going to Dominican, but are there any brides out there that are getting married down there that are dealing with the paperwork? Has anyone used WE DO?
My FI and I are having a legal ceremony at the resort and I am going to be using WEDO to have all of our paperwork done. When I called them they told me that it was going to be $150 USD per person (and this includes the legalization of the birth certificates and the translation of the birth certificates and single status affidavits). They also told me that it will take 10 business days to complete the paperwork and that I can include $28 with all my documents for FedEx to courier my papers back to me or I can include a pre-paid courier envelope for them to send the documents back in. Since the resort requires the paperwork to be translated and legalized no more than 30 days before the wedding, I am definitely going to include the pre-paid courier envelope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjack View Post
My FI and I are having a legal ceremony at the resort and I am going to be using WEDO to have all of our paperwork done. When I called them they told me that it was going to be $150 USD per person (and this includes the legalization of the birth certificates and the translation of the birth certificates and single status affidavits). They also told me that it will take 10 business days to complete the paperwork and that I can include $28 with all my documents for FedEx to courier my papers back to me or I can include a pre-paid courier envelope for them to send the documents back in. .
I checked that 30 days thing because I live in Ireland and the foreign and commonwealth office is in England so is the dominican embassey. We would never get them posted to one, returned to us and posted to the embassey in 30 days. I checked with the embassey and with Tiara and it is 12 weeks before the date of your return. I don't know where they get the 30 days from as it is not correct.

We sent our documents about at the beginning of last week to the Dominican Consulate/Embassy or whatever you call them in Ontario. It cost $360 USD but we were never married before. I have four weeks and a day till we leave so I hope it comes back in time..

wow a lot of you guys are doing the legal ceremony down there!

For others that are doing the symbolic like me, Tiara told me there is an option for $150 to have an employee of the hotel perform it. They have courses and experience performing this type of ceremonies she said. And they will wear formal clothes as opposed to a resort uniform. But I dont know how good their English is though.

She also sent me an updated version of the script as well. I am going to add a little to it and see if they will do it.

Ceremonia Religiosa-1.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalocany View Post
i have changed resorts from DT To DLR we arrive may 21-30 our wedding date is the 26th
Hi Latinal...

I'm thinking about getting married at thd DRL but was concerned about the rooms and what they looked like. You were married there....what was your experience? I read many reviews about DR Punta Cana Dreams and they weren't very good however I seem to only have good informaiton about DReams La Romano. Where the rooms luxurious feeling? Was there enough to do ? (my financee and I will be there for 10 days) How were the wedding decorations and the staff?

Thanks so much!