Dreams La Romana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPEG View Post
Dophinluck - sorry, I can't remember...are you getting a wedding package? We have 15 right now and I just assumed that we could have a couple of tables together decorated, but no dance floor or music or anything with no charge since we have a dinner package included in our wedding package.
Right now we have the Dreams of Love (Silver) package but most likely will be switching to the Paradise package (free one) as we qualify for it and will be cheaper in the long run, about $1300 right now. A lot of the extras in the Love package I really don't need/want so why pay the extra price. I made an excel to compare the costs of what I definitely wanted to help see it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRomanaBride View Post
Hi Ladies - Im back from my wonderful wedding at DLR! I will post a review very soon. All I can say in the meantime is not to worry about anything. Everything exceeded my expectations :)
Congrats and cant wait to hear your review!!!

Quote:
Does anyone have a copy of the vows/ceremony that will be read for the renewal of vows ceremony? I asked Tiara about this but haven't gotten a response (in addition to my other questions in my emails). I also asked if we could draft our own, but I did want to see what they already offer. Thanks!
Tiara just sent me it and answered a quick question. It is very basic so hopefully we can add some things to it.

Do you have any contact information for the priest that would be performing the symbolic ceremony, if we choose? I have already emailed Pastor Rick but he is already booked up for our day.

Unfortunately, a priest does not perform weddings outside of the church.
The other option could be to have someone to perform the ceremony. This will cost you USD 150.00 and will be a normal wedding ceremony, like the attached.

CEREMONIA SIMBOLICA Ingles.doc

Thanks! What a short ceremony. And I'm not crazy about it either. I mean I guess it's direct and to the point but there's not a lot of "fluff" that I thought might be nice. I also thought that if you don't have a priest performing, that you avoid all costs altogether.

I hope Tiara responds to my emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
Unfortunately, a priest does not perform weddings outside of the church.
The other option could be to have someone to perform the ceremony. This will cost you USD 150.00 and will be a normal wedding ceremony, like the attached.
Yikes... that script is shorter than the one used for our legal ceremony at city hall last week!!!

Quote:
Thanks! What a short ceremony. And I'm not crazy about it either. I mean I guess it's direct and to the point but there's not a lot of "fluff" that I thought might be nice. I also thought that if you don't have a priest performing, that you avoid all costs altogether.

I hope Tiara responds to my emails.
I asked Tiara who would be the person to perform for $150 (im guess its a pastor or someone to that effect) and will let you know when i hear back. I think if Tiara does it, its free of charge but not sure and don't know if she would add in some more fluff, cause really that would take 2 mins.

Tiara finally responded to my email. She said their email address changed. It is now: weddings.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Here are some of my questions. Her answers follow after her name.

Hairstyling/Make-up:

What time will the appointments for hair and make-up be scheduled for? (Tiara D.) You can make your appointment at spa.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Will the spa use my own make-up? (Tiara D.) no, they use their own.

Is there a fee for a hair and make-up trial? (Tiara D.) No, thatâ€s included.

D) Photographer/Videographer:

How long will the photographer be taking photos? (Tiara D.) this will depend on the meeting that you will have with him upon your arrival. Normally, they just take pictures of the ceremony.

Do we choose the best 50 photographs included in the wedding package? (Tiara D.) Yes.

When do we receive the wedding album? (Tiara D.) We are not longer offering a wedding album.

Will the ceremony, cocktail party, dinner party and bride & groom poses be photographed? (Tiara D.) Again, this will depend on what you negotiate with them. This service is provided with an external company, named Tropical Pictures. See their website: Tropical Pictures

Do you book the photographer for the wedding date? (Tiara D.) Yes.

Do you book the videographer? (Tiara D.) Yes

She also sent me the vows for our symbolic ceremony (attached), but I don't want it to actually be a renewal of vows ceremony. We want this to be our "actual" ceremony. So hopefully we can use the one that you got from her Dolphinluck and just incorporate some of our own.

I am hoping that the spa will also use my makeup anyway, even though Tiara says they use their own. And I am confused about the photo album that is included in our wedding package which she says they no longer offer? Yet we are still supposed to choose the 50 best photos?? I also don't understand why I have to negotiate photography that is already included in our package. Can someone clarify? Maybe I shouldn't even worry about it! lol.

Thanks KPEG for the q&a's!

I am not using the photographer they offer, but would email them directly to get the answers to your questions. I think they only provide very limited coverage in the wedding package and any more time would be extra.

I would contact the salon soon as i had issues with the time i needed being available but it could be more of a case as there is at least one other wedding the same day.

Man that script you got is even shorter, my plan is to start putting something together with the help of this thread.