Dreams La Romana

ONE MORE QUESTION FOR NADIA - - -

Did you get to listen to the Caribbean Trio? I think they cost $350/hour. I've asked Tiara for a mp3 sample a few times and she hasn't given me anything. If you did get a chance to listen to them...what did you think? Are they a good choice for music during the cocktail hour? Did they sing or just play intruments (I would prefer the latter). THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbr.bo View Post
Has anyone come across any other DJ service's besides what the hotel provides? or does anyone know if they do play more of hip/hop and top 40. I'm tossing the ipod idea around, just not sure yet. Kinda like the idea of a DJ

I was hoping to avoid the whole DJ thing as well, but it seems like it's going to be a big production getting speakers there, so I think I'm just going to shell out the $250.

However, I plan to have all my songs organized in the order I want them played on my own iPod and hopefully the 'DJ' can just babysit the iPod all night!

From what I've heard/remember from going to other parts of DR, they tend to play pretty old/outdated/unpopular music there.
Our group is pretty picky on music so I'd rather just avoid any potential pitfalls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPEG View Post
I don't have an ipod, no one coming with us, has one. So, I was just thinking about bringing CDs to play during dinner. Think this will be a problem? Will it be better if I just bring a little portable cd player?
I would just be careful as some units will not play burned CDs. I think i read this happening to someone but luckily they hooked up to a laptop that had all the music and they were fine.

Good point. Luckily the one I has does ok with burned discs. I'll just double check first. Do you think it'll be a problem to have it set up/plugged in/used during dinner? I think we may have ours at the SSG too but maybe just a long table or a couple of round ones. There's only 15 of us so far. We aren't insisting that it be a private function or anything. Maybe off to a corner on the patio that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbr.bo View Post
Has anyone come across any other DJ service's besides what the hotel provides? or does anyone know if they do play more of hip/hop and top 40. I'm tossing the ipod idea around, just not sure yet. Kinda like the idea of a DJ
We're hiring a DJ that has received awesome reviews from other BDW brides. Carlos from DJ Mannia. It costs more than $250 (but under $950) for the DJ but I think it'll be worth the extra money b/c I would agree w/ Amy on the resort DJs. He's also willing to email/call Tiara directly when I have music-related questions (like where can he set up) which is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Nadia,

I wanted to send my thanks as well. The photos are stunning. I'm so excited. Now I just want to stay an extra week and enjoy it all, but unfortunately my fiance is not a "sit on the beach" type of guy. Hopefully we'll still get some time before and after the wedding to enjoy this great resort.

We're having a private ceremony in Toronto before we leave. The pastor lives near High Park and will do the ceremony for $80.

He also sent me a "word ceremony planning guide" that walks you through how to design your ceremony. It's about 50 pages but if you ladies PM me, I can email it to you. I'm conflicted about not having an actual legal ceremony there as well, but I'll also feel better if I have Canadian wedding documents in case I need them in the future. (Just being practical).

I guess I'll have to think of another way to "trick" my guests into thinking they're watching the real deal. Maybe I'll tell them that Tiara just has to witness everything and she can sign the papers. Then I can have one a couple of my guests read different parts of the ceremony.