Photo

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

So we sent out our invitations on wed, I called our travel agent to give her a heads up that she might be getting calls. When I got her on the phone she said "wow Meghan I have been getting calls left and right, April 1st is coming right up." APRIL 1ST!!!!!!!!!!! we put april F-ING first down for people to rsvp by, I started crying, that gives people like 14 secs to decide if they want to travel to Mexico!!!! OMG I could die!! This is just my luck, and what i get for doing this invites myself!! AHHHHHHH
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
    • 609 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

Well at least your guests are prompt and jumped right on booking. :) I'm sure they'll be thrilled to get a call from you though saying then have a little more time to decide.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

Can you send out a mass email to notify people of the mistake??

#4 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
        • 203 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

We did a mass email, and I had my mother call her side and my cousin who is one of the BM's call my fathers side, I also put a little note on our website saying April fools Please RSVP by june 1st. I still fell like a bonehead though. I worked really hard on these and I wanted them to be perfect, but the are like me made with love with a few flaws :) what can I do, It will keep people buzzing about the wedding. Its not the invite that matter anyway.
          Live every day like the next will never come.

#5 jmiranda

jmiranda
          • 697 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

I was about to tell you to tell everyone that it was an April fools joke...hey at least people are booking already! Im sure everything will turn out ok.

#6 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure it will be okay, at least you know there are people who want to go already! Don't stress too much about it, I think your follow-up email was great about the april fools, and it will all work out just fine I'm sure!

#7 H&F

H&F
              • 361 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think you handled it in a really cute way! Plus, it will have them really thinking about it now. Don't worry! :-)

#8 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

I'm sure things will turn out fine it was a minor thing and better too early than too late.
                  4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#9 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

oh wow---well at least all is not lost and people are going to book. it will work out once you clarify the rsvp date. its not like people pay attention to RSVPs anyway..

#10 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Lol don't worry I put 1st Feb on mine and people still ignored it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users