DC, MD, VA Brides (Metro Area)

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#71 big3n09

big3n09
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

Sure Debra!!!

msmoodyr - If I go at 10 I'm sure I'll still be there at 12.
    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#72 luckygirl

luckygirl
    • 339 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hey Ladies. Just catching up on my BDW fix and this thread caught my eye since I'm also in the area. I'm in the Columbia area and was married recently. I know some of you are still looking for dresses and there is a consignment shop in Rockville that a girlfriend vouches for having amazing dresses; I Do I Do Wedding Gowns (622 Hungerford Dr., Rockville; 301-762-4464; by appointment), which has more than 600 dresses, from Vera Wang to David’s Bridal. Only gowns less than a year old are considered, unless a gown is an unusual size. Gowns are discounted 25 to 50 percent off original retail; if the dress sells, the money is split between the shop and the consigner. Dresses that don’t sell within 18 months are returned to the consigner. Just another option. Also, a get together would be great. July 27-August 9 is Howard County Restaurant week http://www.howardcou...aurantweek.com/, if you are still looking for places.

#73 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
      • 719 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hey Ladies! I will be attending this Friday also. I will not be going early. I would like to go after the crowds.

#74 GregsBride

GregsBride
        • 333 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

Good luck ladies, I hope you all find a dress you absolutely love!! Hopefully your experience will turn out much better than mine at the White Flint location, because most of the dresses I liked were damaged from brides fighting over them.
          ~Christina

#75 azulskies

azulskies
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

I'm planning on going Friday, too. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me so I hope I find THE dress! I also plan on getting there at about 10.

#76 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
            • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by azulskies
              I'm planning on going Friday, too. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive for me so I hope I find THE dress! I also plan on getting there at about 10.
              Are you from the 757 area Just curious bc I know it takes 3.5 hours to get to the DC metro area I grew up there!

Good luck to all going. I hope you find your dream dresses! Keep us posted if you find it!

#77 azulskies

azulskies
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by GinalynL
                Are you from the 757 area Just curious bc I know it takes 3.5 hours to get to the DC metro area I grew up there!

Good luck to all going. I hope you find your dream dresses! Keep us posted if you find it!
                Yes! I live in Norfolk! Where were you from??

#78 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                • 2,754 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by azulskies
                  Yes! I live in Norfolk! Where were you from??
                  I live in Arlington now but I grew up in Virginia Beach. My parents still live there so I am a frequent visitor. Yay for Hampton Roads!

#79 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

My mom used to be a traveling surgical tech and for a while she lived in hampton.... OMG so so loved going to water country and busch gardens like daily that summer...

#80 azulskies

azulskies
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

I know..I think we get so spoiled here...we've got everything and there's so much to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users