Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

BDW Biggest Loser: Season 6 ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!! (#869)

Recommended Posts

WOW I had a rough day! Cattie 1st bday was this week (can it already be a year?!!!) and had a family party for her on Tuesday (her bday) and then had a big bbq today w/ everyone. So all day i sat in the sun, drank miami vices, ate burgers and chips!!! I'm off to go on a run right now. i don't EVER run. But i feel SO gross and NEED so badly to lose the weight that I'm going to force myself to go run!

 

kelly the tips are definitely great!!! These are the kinds of things I'm needing to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
WOW I had a rough day! Cattie 1st bday was this week (can it already be a year?!!!) and had a family party for her on Tuesday (her bday) and then had a big bbq today w/ everyone. So all day i sat in the sun, drank miami vices, ate burgers and chips!!! I'm off to go on a run right now. i don't EVER run. But i feel SO gross and NEED so badly to lose the weight that I'm going to force myself to go run!

kelly the tips are definitely great!!! These are the kinds of things I'm needing to see!
we're having a 1st bday bbq for Gwen too ... man, they do grow up fast! any tips? i really want this to be a chill, casual affair - we weren't even going to have a bday party for her until the in-laws decided to drive up from chicago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
we're having a 1st bday bbq for Gwen too ... man, they do grow up fast! any tips? i really want this to be a chill, casual affair - we weren't even going to have a bday party for her until the in-laws decided to drive up from chicago!
Oh it was great! It was a real chill relaxing afternoon w/ our friends who love Cattie and some of them have their own kids that she loves to play w/. We definitely had TOO much food and i can't waste it so we'll be bbqing all week! HA! although i bought burgers and chips, soda, and salad. We did miami vices for the adults. I know that might sound crazy to have alcohol at a baby party, but we weren't getting drunk or anything. We have one of those jimmy buffet margarita makers so they were so easy.

Although, honestly i was thinking about everything to make for a bbq and didn't keep in mind exactly what cattie could eat! i cut up a burger for her (she loves ketchup) but she doesn't eat ALOT of that. I don't give her chips because she likes the taste so much she doesn't chew on them and she chokes! So I ended up running inside to make her a grilled cheese real quick! I should have made pasta salad or something, just something more for her to eat or had a veggie plate. cattie really likes balloons so we had quite a few. We have a deck on the side of yard w/ tiki torches around so we tied them on there. cattie loves the attention and everyone wants to play w/ her so it was a great time!

So really my only tip would be to make sure there is something gwen can eat! Other than that we played music, you could play games, whatev.

i can't believe they are growing up!!! I don't even feel like Caterina is a baby anymore, she's a full on toddler sad.gif!!! Although she's walking everywhere and had fun playing all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooo thanks I'm going to read this right now. I usually have to do a couple of short work outs a day cause caterina doesn't allow that much time. Of course unless its her and I out on a walk or hiking up the mountain.

 

although when Cattie takes her 1st nap I do jillian michaesl 30 day shred cause its only 20 minutes and its pretty rough. it gives me a GOOD workout and a few minutes to recoop before Cattie wakes up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm just getting worse and worse ... last night I had some chicken for dinner (not terrible, I guess) and then some pumpkin bread. Followed up by an ice cream drumstick, and a glass of wine. Who does that!? lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
I know that might sound crazy to have alcohol at a baby party, but we weren't getting drunk or anything. We have one of those jimmy buffet margarita makers so they were so easy.

 

Although, honestly i was thinking about everything to make for a bbq and didn't keep in mind exactly what cattie could eat! i cut up a burger for her (she loves ketchup) but she doesn't eat ALOT of that. I don't give her chips because she likes the taste so much she doesn't chew on them and she chokes! So I ended up running inside to make her a grilled cheese real quick! I should have made pasta salad or something, just something more for her to eat or had a veggie plate. cattie really likes balloons so we had quite a few. We have a deck on the side of yard w/ tiki torches around so we tied them on there. cattie loves the attention and everyone wants to play w/ her so it was a great time!

 

So really my only tip would be to make sure there is something gwen can eat! Other than that we played music, you could play games, whatev.

 

i can't believe they are growing up!!! I don't even feel like Caterina is a baby anymore, she's a full on toddler sad.gif!!! Although she's walking everywhere and had fun playing all day!

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure no one would show up if we didn't have any alcohol! lol I totally plan on having beer and wine - not sure about other drinks just cuz it's in the afternoon and most of my friends/family are beer drinkers. But absolutely I will have alcohol - I just won't be serving it to the kiddos!

 

Good tip on making sure there's something for the kids/babies to eat. Cattie sounds like she's eating a lot more "grown up" food than Gwen - I've been pretty lazy in giving her stuff I am eating. Problem is I really don't cook during the week since it's just me - but I really should. I need to branch out more. But she has had grilled cheese - and LOVES it! Cheese might be her favorite food. She hasn't had pasta yet - I keep forgetting about that easy option.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
although when Cattie takes her 1st nap I do jillian michaesl 30 day shred cause its only 20 minutes and its pretty rough. it gives me a GOOD workout and a few minutes to recoop before Cattie wakes up
This is why I want to buy the Wii Fit - so I can work out during naps or after she goes to bed. I just haven't been getting to the gym, even though they have day care available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a rough weekend. Started off Friday when the girls at work went to Applebees to celebrate, so of course I had a mucho mudslide. Then I get home Friday night and for some reason I am dying to use my new kitchenaide and make homemade cc cookies. Big mistake. I haven't been able to stop eatting them. Then Saturday we went to the other coast and got back late and the only thing open on the way home was Mc Donalds...not good. I know I really need to workout today, but I don't want to. I would rather start the last book of the Twilight series...What to do...I think I am going to work out. I have been too bad this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
Good tip on making sure there's something for the kids/babies to eat. Cattie sounds like she's eating a lot more "grown up" food than Gwen - I've been pretty lazy in giving her stuff I am eating. Problem is I really don't cook during the week since it's just me - but I really should. I need to branch out more. But she has had grilled cheese - and LOVES it! Cheese might be her favorite food. She hasn't had pasta yet - I keep forgetting about that easy option.
Catties dr started her on food food at 6 months cause she had 2 top teeth & 2 bottom teeth. now she has 8teeth and the doc told me the other day to not feed her baby food, just what we are eating. Cattie LOVES cheese!!!! Of course she's Sicilian so she loves cheese. She really likes pasta! I will admit I buy Gerber graduates pastas cause they are SO quick and easy to make for her in the middle of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
This is why I want to buy the Wii Fit - so I can work out during naps or after she goes to bed. I just haven't been getting to the gym, even though they have day care available.
Wii fit would be great for that!!! I love ours. I think I like it so much cause it feels more like playing than really getting a workout! Except when I haven't done hula hoop in a long time!

Oh I did not do so good this weekend ladies! I already told you i had a BBQ yesterday and ate the afternoon away. Well poor Caterina started vomitting at midnight last night and continued to every 40 minutes to an hour. This morning when she got up she was SO dehydrated. I called the Dr and he said I needed to take her to the emergency IMMEDIATELY. We were there ALL day. So to eat we had to go get fast food and Taco Johns and Starbucks are the ONLY things close to the hospital, therefore i ate Taco Johns all day. I did resist my big urge for starbucks cause I'm sooo tired. i'm just glad that after 5 1/2 hours there they let us go home. Although had we waited 20 more minutes (she puked again!) they would have made us stay the night. So I haven't worked out, don't even have the energy to do so and ate crap all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
Oh I did not do so good this weekend ladies! I already told you i had a BBQ yesterday and ate the afternoon away. Well poor Caterina started vomitting at midnight last night and continued to every 40 minutes to an hour. This morning when she got up she was SO dehydrated. I called the Dr and he said I needed to take her to the emergency IMMEDIATELY. We were there ALL day. So to eat we had to go get fast food and Taco Johns and Starbucks are the ONLY things close to the hospital, therefore i ate Taco Johns all day. I did resist my big urge for starbucks cause I'm sooo tired. i'm just glad that after 5 1/2 hours there they let us go home. Although had we waited 20 more minutes (she puked again!) they would have made us stay the night. So I haven't worked out, don't even have the energy to do so and ate crap all day!
Oh no! Poor Cattie, is she going to be ok at home or are you going to have to take her back in?? I hope she's feeling better tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up too much on the food but remember, your body will hold up better based on what you eat so over the next couple days if your workouts suffer (totally understandable) try to make sure you pick up some cheese sticks, fresh fruit (strawberries and grapes are great for fast easy snacks) and drink plenty of water. The last thing you want to happen is for you to get run down too.

Don't stress - it's just the first week. I'm absolutely failing at food cravings this past week. My new craving is chocolate chip cookie dough. Why bother baking it when I can freeze rolls of it to break up and eat at random.... *sigh* so even though I'm working out every day I'm sabotaging myself.

Stay as focused as you can realistically and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
week. I'm absolutely failing at food cravings this past week. My new craving is chocolate chip cookie dough. Why bother baking it when I can freeze rolls of it to break up and eat at random.... *sigh* so even though I'm working out every day I'm sabotaging myself.
Vikki you kill me!!! I'm with ya, why bake it when you can conveniently eat it whenever!!!

Thanks for asking!!! Cattie is actually doing really well right now. While in the ER we had her on an IV to rehydrate her. Then she had some juice and did fine til we got home. For the first couple of hours we could only give her 1 teaspon of pedialyte at a time every 1-2 minutes until she was no longer thirsty. Then if she did good (which she did) after 2 hours she could have more at a time and then after 4 hours she could have mashed potates, soup or anyting like that. Which she just had some soup and is doing great! Thank God!!! She had a good nap so after 24 hours w/ no vomitting she can go back to her normal diet. I just need a GREAT night of sleep.

Luckily w/ having Cattie and her eating big people food we always have fresh fruits and veggies and good food to eat. I can't feed her unhealthy, I'm just not that kind of mom. i really try to even stay away from processed foods for her, of course I'm not supermom (i wish) but I really try to have healthy meals for her. And she LOVES strawberries!!!! Proof:
Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
    • It's hard to estimate. Some receptions don't need much decorating because it's already beautiful. Some receptions need lots of decorating. Some receptions also come with extra decorating equipment already.
  • Topics

×