Photo

BDW Biggest Loser: Season 6 ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!! (#869)

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#691 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

Congrats everyone!!

Mellisa - Im so sorry! BUt we are hear to help and motivate :)

I did Bikram yoga last night (The hot sweaty one when its 105 degrees) for 1.5 hours - it kicked my butt!! Hope we all do good this weekend

#692 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
    • Banned
    • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

OMG I just did my first spinning class and WOW. My butt is so sore and they only say it will get worse tomorrow. I guess I need to build up my small butt muscles so when I do more classes it does not hurt as much.....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#693 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
      • Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
        I feel like such a debbie downer everytime I post in here. But the stress from work and wedding planning has caused me to have serious hives outbreak. Its broken out twice and was almost so bad I had to go to the ER. Im talking so swollen in welts an inch off my skin. On my arms, legs, hips, chest, and back! So Ive been put on a 21 days of steriods.

Ive been on it for a few days and can already feel the side effects of insomnia. Now weight gain is a side effect to and find myself wanting to gorge everything in sight.

HELP!
        DEEP BREATH. Take all with strides. Prioritize. See with the wedding planning if you can have someone help you out. It is suppose to be fun so dont stress over it. Your day will be perfect no matter what. Just get yourself healthy. No matter if you loose weight or not your future husband loves you for who you are. Always remember that and we are all here for you. *HUGS*

#694 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
        • 1,225 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Ladies. I appreciate it. Im feeling better today. I just have to take each day as it comes. Ive never dealt with the stress I have lately, so I feel out of control sometimes!

Yael...Ive always wanted to dry Bikram yoga but am scared Ill pass out! I hear great reviews from everyone that does it though.

Scubadiva...I LOVE spinning. I should have went last night if my migrane wasnt so bad. I feel so great afterwards. Your butt gets use to it

#695 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

So i have mini challenge for the weekend! i'll be at our lakehouse and figured maybe it might be nice to do a weekend challenge. So I encourage you to go outside!

Lawn mowing for 30 minutes burns 156 cal

playing basketball for 30 minutes burns 173 cal

30 min bike ride burns 104 cal (not even pushing just leisure riding)

frisbee for 30 minutes burns 69 cals

ultimate frisbee (we play alot of that here) burns 243 cal in 30 minutes

gardening for 30 minutes burns 104 cal

golfing for 30 minutes (ha) burns 121 cal

hiking for 30 min burns 173 cal

kayaking burns 139 cal in 30 minutes

playing catch for 30 min will burn 52 cal

rock climbing for 30 minutes will burn 347 cal

running for 30 will burn 243 cal

sailing will burn 139 cal in 30 min

skateboarding burns 139 in 30 min

soccer (casual) will burn 208 cal in 30 min

softball burns 139 cal in 30 min

surfing burns 69 cal in 30 min

swimming will 208 cal in 30 min just swimming around

tennis will burn 243 cal in 30 min

a leisure walk will burn 80 cals in 30 min

water skiing or wakeboarder will burn 173 cal in 30 min

watering your lawn for 30 min- 81 cal

weeding for 30 min is 121 cal

I know some of these don't sound like much but out of this list alone

For today, tomorrow, and sunday I will probably mow the lawn (156 cal), garden for 1 1/2 hr (312 cal), hike for 40 min 2 different days (520 cal), run for 40 min 2 different days (648 cal) swim for at least 30 min (243 cal), walk around downtown for a couple hours (319 cal), wake board for about an hour 2 different days (347 cal), water the lawn twice so 162 cal, and weed for 30 min (121 cal) that is me having fun over the weekend or doing chores and I'll burn almost 1200 cals w/out even trying!

Plus some of these things you'll definitely do for more than 30 minutes!

#696 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
              Thanks Ladies. I appreciate it. Im feeling better today. I just have to take each day as it comes. Ive never dealt with the stress I have lately, so I feel out of control sometimes!
              I'm glad things are getting better! Really one day at a time, do what you can and before you know it everything will be done. take care of yourself 1st!

#697 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,369 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
                Yael...Ive always wanted to dry Bikram yoga but am scared Ill pass out! I hear great reviews from everyone that does it though.
                Melissa - you should def try it! Its hard but you feel awesome after wards. Just make sure to drink water all day. The great thing is if you do start to feel faint or something you can just step out of the class for a bit or lie down - lots of people were doing that in my class last night. I have to say though that i wish the class was just 1 hr not 1.5 cuz its LONG

Glad you are feeling better today!

#698 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

Jac~ that's an awesome list of outdoor things! And a great challenge.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Menu.doc   334.5KB   0 downloads

~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#699 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                  • 712 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

Yael I want to try Bikram too. But I've never done yoga at all. Should I start with a reg class?

#700 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                    • Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:38 AM

I think I am going to finally invest in a bicycle trailer so we can go on family bike rides. Little spendy but I am sure its worth it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users