Jump to content

Photo

BDW Biggest Loser: Season 6 ~ Official Thread ~ FINAL RESULTS POSTED!! (#869)


  • Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#111 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • Member
  • 888 posts

    Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adlergray
    Ok I don't know if any guy have done this before but my FI just signed up too!!! I think its great we can do this together for our wedding!!
    The more the merrier! Unfortunately for me, when I stopped buying junk food and soda and worked out a lot, I lost about 15 pounds and my already small waisted fiance lost 20 pounds without any gym involvement! We both stepped on the scale yesterday and he's about 30 pounds lighter than I am! Granted, he's 3 inches shorter than I am and has a smaller frame, but GEEZE!

    It reminds me of that slimquick (or some other bogus diet pill) commercial where the woman is doing everything she can to lose weight and drops about a pound while her husband drops lots of pounds.

    #112 sunset78

    sunset78
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,280 posts

      Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sapphire723
      It reminds me of that slimquick (or some other bogus diet pill) commercial where the woman is doing everything she can to lose weight and drops about a pound while her husband drops lots of pounds.

      LOL... there was another commercial I saw before that had animated characters. It showed a man, woman, and a dog... all over weight. Then it mentions how drinking more water can help weight loss... shows the man and dog slimmer, but the woman the same.. then went into information about some pill thing for woman.

      It just reminded me of that when you said that. Men can definitely lose weight waaayyyy easier than women it seems without trying.

      #113 Sapphire723

      Sapphire723
      • Member
      • 888 posts

        Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jpitts78
        LOL... there was another commercial I saw before that had animated characters. It showed a man, woman, and a dog... all over weight. Then it mentions how drinking more water can help weight loss... shows the man and dog slimmer, but the woman the same.. then went into information about some pill thing for woman.

        It just reminded me of that when you said that. Men can definitely lose weight waaayyyy easier than women it seems without trying.
        Yeah, I think that's a different commercial for the same pill!

        I think it has to do with men having a higher metabolism because they are built to have a lower fat to muscle ratio where as women need more fat to make the babies. Unfortunately the fat we need for that doesn't burn calories as much as muscle, so we're more susceptible to the extra blub.

        #114 deefalvey

        deefalvey
        • Member
        • 521 posts

          Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

          OK, so I have been going back and forth on playing this season...last season I got within a couple pounds of my goal weight and I know there is no way I can WIN because I don't really have a lot left to lose.

          However, we have been camping this week while FI's kids are on spring break and I have been a total PIG!!! I'm sure I've packed quite a few pounds back on, but the crux of my decision making process was about 15 minutes ago when I went to make myself my oatmeal for breakfast and instead of having it, I had a handful of tortilla chips and 5 marshmallows. WTF? Really, who does that?

          So, sitting in a beach chair, snuggled in a blanket because its still cold out, and watching the CO river flow by I have pay pal-ed Ann from my blackberry (Ann let me know if you don't get it) and vented to you all - thx. :). My running shoes are here and I should go for a run, but I'll probably sit here and enjoy my mimosa and the quiet while the kids are fishing..

          Long story short - I'm back for season 6!
          Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

          #115 KLC77

          KLC77
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,207 posts

            Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

            Yay Deanna, welcome back to BL! Hope you're enjoying your trip.

            Girls, those commercials are so true. I love when the guy gets skinny and the woman just loses her boobs. So not fair! lol
            ~Kelly

            Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

            #116 Adlergray

            Adlergray
            • Banned
            • 294 posts

              Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sapphire723
              The more the merrier! Unfortunately for me, when I stopped buying junk food and soda and worked out a lot, I lost about 15 pounds and my already small waisted fiance lost 20 pounds without any gym involvement! We both stepped on the scale yesterday and he's about 30 pounds lighter than I am! Granted, he's 3 inches shorter than I am and has a smaller frame, but GEEZE!

              It reminds me of that slimquick (or some other bogus diet pill) commercial where the woman is doing everything she can to lose weight and drops about a pound while her husband drops lots of pounds.

              Wow I wish I could be like you Fi no worrys though my FI's like 6'2 and 240 and a complete taco bell junkie so hell have a bit hard time with this. He's doing this for support but it wont hurt thats he's going to drop a few either

              #117 Jacilynda

              Jacilynda
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,777 posts

                Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

                YAY Deanna! I was sooo bummed when i first started reading and thought you weren't joining! I'm sooo glad!!! You still have til Tuesday to each tortilla chips and marshmallows for breakfast!

                #118 Prettyhazardous

                Prettyhazardous
                • Member
                • 712 posts

                  Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

                  Wow I should see if my FI wants to do it is as well. he could def stand to lose a few lbs. But I doubt he'd get really into it. But if he did I may do better bc we'd b competing against eachother. I'll talk to him and let u all know.

                  #119 Jacilynda

                  Jacilynda
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,777 posts

                    Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

                    Ha I asked Joe today, and he said no. he needs to lose weight but just keeps putting it off. We'll start playing alot of tennis here in the next week, and then he'll lose a lot of weight just from playing, but he said he would starve himself to win. I tried to explain to him thats not the point, but he wouldn't listen! I don't really want him to compete cause I think the boys will win. They can lose weight SOOO much easier than woman! It would only discourage me more.

                    #120 LCBride2007

                    LCBride2007

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

                      Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

                      ok, I now have 18 people paid, and a few more w/payments in process - and a lot more that said they were going to pay! here is who i have marked as paid ...

                      Adlergray (Jill)
                      Adlergray (Tim)
                      alyssa
                      budgetjamaicabride (Beverly)
                      DanielleNDerek
                      deefalvey
                      Hunnyhun921 (Khajeesah)
                      Jacilynda (Jacilyn)
                      jpitts78 (Joanne)
                      KLC77 (Kelly)
                      lauren
                      Prettyhazardous (Ashley)
                      Sapphire723 (LeAnne)
                      Sarah
                      Scubadiva (Holly)
                      SgtPepperette (Melissa)
                      STACEY
                      starchild (Jamy)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users