• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Happy November everyone! We all in the month countdowns :o)

Yea for checks Jill! I can't wait to see your planning thread

I totally had my first break down last night. I cried over the bustle that was added to my dress because I hate it and think it looks all flat and boring. I'm going to take it back to the alteration place, but am going to be charged to get it fixed and it just made me mad at myself that I signed for it in the first place. Oh well, what's another dollar to the budget fryingpan.gif
Awww, that sucks! hope it's not too much to change. Send a pic if you get a chance. Well, at least you will have what you want in the end, right?

My dress is done with alterations but it was a sample dress so I just dropped it off today to the dry cleaners! and it was weird handing it over to a stranger. The lady was like, "you know there are no guarantees here, so worse case situation, you might end up needing a new dress last minute" - i'm thinking, don't tell me that lady!!!!

Hi Ladies,

My name is Jocelyn. I'm a newbie to this site but I am getting married December 10, 2009 at the Riu Ocho Rios. There was so much I didn't know before joining this site but now I'm so glad I did. Learning alot of useful info and getting alot of useful tips. I have been a combo of a slacker and just in the dark/ stuff I just didn't know. But here's what's been done and still has to be done. Unfortunately, alot still has to be done. I feel so behind after seeing what all other brides had done so far in advance.

1. Decided on wedding colors

2. Booked the Trip and the Wedding

3. Got Save The Dates from Our TA and Emailed Save the Dates

4. Made My Own Save The Dates b/c I wasn't satisfied w/ the TA's STD's though I emailed them anyways (Never mailed mine on account of the emailed STD's though mine were so much better but may send them out again since the first only went to a handful of people)

5. Applied for FI and my baby girl's passports (the dog ate FI's passport she's such a bad girl)

6. FI bought his linen suit

7. I finally bought a gown that I really like after fighting a losing my battle to gaining my dream gown

8. Finally decided on a second and final flower for my bouquet (I always wanted a white lily but have decided on a deep blue iris to go w/ it.

Things Left To Do:

Getting a dress for baby girl (she's a growing infant)

Picking out a veil or deciding if I even want one

Finding a hairstyle I like and that works for me

Finding a pair of satin slippers w/ beads & embroidering, either that or a flat sandal I can walk in sand with

Putting together my wedding bouquet, and two flower arrangements I want for my Chuppah

Assembling my wedding centerpieces, favors, etc

And if I can find the time OOT Bags

Here's the thread that has pics of my dress (bustle on #16): http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...17/index2.html

Jill I'm sure the dress will turn out great! Why the !@#$ would the lady tell you something like that?!?!

I am worried about the same thing with the resort sending the dress out to get pressed when I get to Mexico. Just to be on the safe side, I am going to bring another white dress (just a Betsey Johnson sun dress that I plan on wearing one night for dinner) that will double as a wedding dress in case something happens to the real dress while at the cleaners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
My dress is done with alterations but it was a sample dress so I just dropped it off today to the dry cleaners! and it was weird handing it over to a stranger. The lady was like, "you know there are no guarantees here, so worse case situation, you might end up needing a new dress last minute" - i'm thinking, don't tell me that lady!!!!

Welcome Jocelyn! The beauty of a DW is that you can do as little or as much as you want and it will turn out fabulous either way so don't worry too much over the little details. It sounds like you have done a ton of stuff already. Feel free to bounce ideas off of us if want. Happy planning :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny121009 View Post
Hi Ladies,

My name is Jocelyn. I'm a newbie to this site but I am getting married December 10, 2009 at the Riu Ocho Rios. There was so much I didn't know before joining this site but now I'm so glad I did. Learning alot of useful info and getting alot of useful tips. I have been a combo of a slacker and just in the dark/ stuff I just didn't know. But here's what's been done and still has to be done. Unfortunately, alot still has to be done. I feel so behind after seeing what all other brides had done so far in advance.

1. Decided on wedding colors

2. Booked the Trip and the Wedding

3. Got Save The Dates from Our TA and Emailed Save the Dates

4. Made My Own Save The Dates b/c I wasn't satisfied w/ the TA's STD's though I emailed them anyways (Never mailed mine on account of the emailed STD's though mine were so much better but may send them out again since the first only went to a handful of people)

5. Applied for FI and my baby girl's passports (the dog ate FI's passport she's such a bad girl)

6. FI bought his linen suit

7. I finally bought a gown that I really like after fighting a losing my battle to gaining my dream gown

8. Finally decided on a second and final flower for my bouquet (I always wanted a white lily but have decided on a deep blue iris to go w/ it.

Things Left To Do:

Getting a dress for baby girl (she's a growing infant)

Picking out a veil or deciding if I even want one

Finding a hairstyle I like and that works for me

Finding a pair of satin slippers w/ beads & embroidering, either that or a flat sandal I can walk in sand with

Putting together my wedding bouquet, and two flower arrangements I want for my Chuppah

Assembling my wedding centerpieces, favors, etc

And if I can find the time OOT Bags

Wait, what did that lady mean Jill? Like they might damage your dress or lose it? Wtf? My dress is also a sample so I am going for my first fitting on Nov 23rd and once its fitted Ill be sending it to the cleaners as well. I will punch the lady if she says something like that to me :)

OMG, I leave for Jamaica in less than 3 weeks! In 21 days I will be married! It is approaching so fast. Here are a few reviews ...

HairComesthebride.com - haha, I laugh everytime I type that! I ordered a flower hair pin on a Wednesday and it arrived on Friday - that's paying for standard shipping. I chose the gardenia and it is exactly as it appears online. I have no complaints, plus the FH loved it. They have lots of other hair pieces - tiaras, veils, headbands, combs, etc.

Weddingfactorydirect.com - I ordered some "bling" for my bouquet here. I had been endlessly searching for a letter 'B' rhinestone brooch for my bouquet stem and found a good option here. The upside is that the letter is on a pick so it can be used on the stem or mixed in with the flowers. The price couldn't be beat - $12.50 - it looks expensive, not cheap and fake! My one complaint - standard shipping was as much as the item itself. It weighs nothing, I can't figure out why shipping cost so much. But again, I ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived that Saturday.

Ashley Brooke Designs - she designs custom stationary and whether you need thank you cards or invitations I would highly reccommend her! She designed an announcement for us complete with a drawing of me and my honeybear in front of the gazebo. She was a delight to work with, and she was very prompt in responding to emails. Overall, the entire process from start to finish was about 2 months, it could have been much faster but I was usually the delay in responding. Her price for custom work was VERY reasonable. Our announcements arrived yesterday with an 8x10 keepsake to be framed. I will post a copy after we return.

Also, I did my boudoir photos this past Sunday. I got a teaser pic from my photographer. It's on my blog, check it out and let me know what you think!

I am starting to get nervous plus I am just so excited at the same time! I am not a super emotional person normally, but lately I find that when I think about our day I get all kinds of emotional. Today I was thinking about what I was going to write to my honey in his card and I started crying! (note: I am not a crier at all!)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Un-Bride I nearly snorted my coffee out of my nose while reading your "how to prepare for the BD". It was so funny because I was so the same way. I convinced myself that eating salads the week before would make a difference in the pics and then gorged on ice cream and beer the night before. That's besides the point... your teaser is so cute. I really like the rose petals!

We leave in 20 days and married in 23! I have been so emotional during this wedding planning that I think I've lost my mind. I truly can't imagine planning a huge at home wedding. I would have probably lost it completely by now if that was the case. I'm getting FI's watch engraved and I cried while trying to come up with something clever. Who does that?!?! I mean honestly, we are already "legally not single" and I have had a blast doing the planning with FI so why do I tear up while watching Say Yes to the Dress? Stupid hormones.

On a brighter note my last guest booked that I was anticipating and I sent out our pre-wedding brochures with luggage tags. And I picked up my dress yesterday from alterations. Double check!

autjo- haha! I literally did wake up at 3 am and panic!! For the three weeks prior I was all about working out and eating lite, doing the whole high protein thing. Then my stress response was just to eat cake. It's so funny that you said you cried while watching Say Yes to the Dress - I did that just this afternoon!! I was like "WTF is wrong with me?" I guess its just a combination of stress, nerves, and excitement.

I have not started a packing list yet, so if any of you have one that would be wonderful. I do have a MUST CARRY ON LIST:

RINGS, My Dress/shoes, TTD, FI Suit/tie/shoes/shirt, Groomsmens shirts,ties, pants, shoes ( I don't trust any of the GM to bring them themselfs), BMs shoes/parasols, Makeup, bathing suit, toasting set/cake cuting set, rehearsal dinner dress, table numbers, programs, place cards, menus, guestbook scrapbook, poloroid camera/film, video camera, OOT bags (just the bags the contents will be checked...I figure worse case we can buy new stuff tofill them). Is there any other major thing I am forgetting that HAS to make it to Jamaicahuh.gif If we have room, we will bring more clothes in our carry ons but this stuff is more important at this point.

AHHHHH!!! I hope you girls are excited as I am!! When are you having your batch parties?? I want to see pics!! Mine is next Friday, the 20th!