December 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#191 poohshek

poohshek
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

Definitely skipping bridal portraits!
    Now, I am trying to decide if I want to do bridal portraits? I live in the South and this is something that people do here, but I am wondering if anyone else is considering this? I know my mom and dad and probably my grandparents will want these but I can't see having a huge photo of myself in my house. What do you guys think?

#192 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

jillian- do you mean bandeau bathing suit tops? I have a ton from jcrew, I love their twist top bandeau tops. I also have a couple from vickys but dont like them as much as jcrew. Check them out if you havent already. They are all I will be wearing the days before the wedding since my dress is strapless. They also have a detacheable string/tie so you dont always have to wear it as a bandeau.

#193 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
      • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

oh and I have a closet full of 'wedding week/honeymoon week' clothing that still have price tags on them!

#194 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

I have been wearing bandeau swim suits all summer! Got 2 at Target and 2 from Victorias Secert. Also, I was in Target yesterday and all of the swimwear and summer clothes were on clearance. Some peices were $5! And ditto on the closet full of wedding clothes with tags on them :) FI freaked out the other day when he went into the closet... oops! I am almost done collecting, just want 1 more pair of cute flip flops and another maxi dress - then I am cutting myself off!!!!

Jill - we get to PV on 12/2. The christmas sweater party is going to be on Thursday 12/3. We're going to do a "happy hour" around 6 in the Rendezvous Bar and then probably go out dancing from there. It will be strange meeting someone in person that you met online. I'm not a big online kinda gal (I've boycotted Facebook and such), but I am always excited to make new friends. Everyone on this forum is so cool and it is so nice to be able to talk wedding stuff without someone rolling their eyes and changing the subject!

Also, FI's suti came in yesterday and it looks awesome on him! We got one of those $99 linen suits from studiosuits.com and I am so pleased. It looks exactly like the picture on their website. His clothing and the groomsmen clothing have been my achilles heel in this whole process. FI is sooooooooo picky and totally driving me nuts over stuff that I was expecting to be easy - guys flips flops, bouts, whether or not to tuck his shirt in with the suit, etc., etc... He's being a bigger high maintenance bride than I am! So I'm stepping away from that part of the planning and going to make him a list of stuff that he needs to do and dates that it has to be done by. OK. Rant over.

#195 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
          • 612 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

We should almost make a thread about our "hidden clothes"....hahahaha!!! That is hilarious we all have a bag/bags of clothing in our closet just sitting there with price tags, i love it! I'm trying to cut myself off, but then I see something cute, and I'm "oh, I need that, totally need that for the week" - how many dresses can you possibly need for one week?!!!!! I'm starting to think I might need to go to rehab for my wedding/honeymoon shopping!
            That sounds fun Autumn! I'm doing a welcome cocktail hour at Rendezvous Bar on 12/2 I think at 7 - but a lot of guests aren't coming until Thurs 12/3 (just work reasons etc). I wonder what the rehearsal is like at Dreams...? I bet Rebeca does it in the morning since they usually have weddings almost every day of the week!
            Bandeau tops - I found really cute ones at Target, but they were sold out of my size top and the VS tops prob won't fit my chest - the ones with the ring in the middle don't work for me. I figured out I need the ones that are straight across and tie in the back. I think there's one I found on VS that does that and I might take a chance that it will fit....hoping!
            Oh, it's getting really exciting! so close!
            ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
            My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#196 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

I just realized that you two are getting married at the same place a day apart from each other, how cute!!!
              um yes, we should post all our clothes. I am going to end up with 14 day dresses and 14 nights dresses, i swear! Its really bad...

#197 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
              • 612 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

I know, it's actually going to be HARD to decide what to wear each day because all the outfits are going to be cute!!! I've never had that problem before I guess!

I've bought bathing suit coverups at Target and a long maxi dress (which normally I don't look good in, but one did!) and then a few dresses here and there at Ross & Marshall's and actually found a really cute one at Kmart in the smallest town ever where I was visiting for work - so random.
                ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
                My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#198 angruck

angruck
                • 248 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by autjo
                  I have been wearing bandeau swim suits all summer! Got 2 at Target and 2 from Victorias Secert. Also, I was in Target yesterday and all of the swimwear and summer clothes were on clearance. Some peices were $5! And ditto on the closet full of wedding clothes with tags on them :) FI freaked out the other day when he went into the closet... oops! I am almost done collecting, just want 1 more pair of cute flip flops and another maxi dress - then I am cutting myself off!!!!

Jill - we get to PV on 12/2. The christmas sweater party is going to be on Thursday 12/3. We're going to do a "happy hour" around 6 in the Rendezvous Bar and then probably go out dancing from there. It will be strange meeting someone in person that you met online. I'm not a big online kinda gal (I've boycotted Facebook and such), but I am always excited to make new friends. Everyone on this forum is so cool and it is so nice to be able to talk wedding stuff without someone rolling their eyes and changing the subject!

Also, FI's suti came in yesterday and it looks awesome on him! We got one of those $99 linen suits from studiosuits.com and I am so pleased. It looks exactly like the picture on their website. His clothing and the groomsmen clothing have been my achilles heel in this whole process. FI is sooooooooo picky and totally driving me nuts over stuff that I was expecting to be easy - guys flips flops, bouts, whether or not to tuck his shirt in with the suit, etc., etc... He's being a bigger high maintenance bride than I am! So I'm stepping away from that part of the planning and going to make him a list of stuff that he needs to do and dates that it has to be done by. OK. Rant over.
                  That is the last big thing we need also---the FI suit! Still not sure about it.
                  Angela & Chris

#199 Summer&Nicholas

Summer&Nicholas
                  • 69 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

Is it just me, or is my FI the only one that is wanting to put all the shopping off until last minute? I've been telling him all summer we need to go shopping for our trip cause it will be hard to find stuff in December for that climate. We live in a small town (900 ppl) and the nearest city is 2 hours away...He's driving me MENTAL!! Still no outfits for him and the groomsmen and he just wants to wear semi casual clothes....UGH sorry about the rant... I also just found out I have to go dress shopping again, I found one that I looooved on Ebay that was supposed to be custom made. Boy did I get hosed, it was cheap but the thing never did show up Thank goodness most everything else is taken care of!!

What are you girls' FI's wearing? Nick wants to just wear white capris with a white button up shirt which I'm fine with but have nooo idea where to fine mens white capris. Any ideas?

Also, what's your plans for favors and getting them there? My Uncle started a charity for providing teddy bears for children in hospitals and ambulances so does anyone think putting a note at each seat that we've donated x amount of money to his charity would be an alright thing to do?

Thanks for your input, and sorry for the rant!!!
                    http://i647.photobuc....MIKKA585-1.jpg
                    December 10th, 2009
                    Grand Riviera Princess
                    Nicholas & Summer

#200 angruck

angruck
                    • 248 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

i need to work on my tan lines--i have some strap lines and i need to get rid of them! any suggestions?
                      Angela & Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users