December 2009 Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Karla - It sounds like you are getting a ton of stuff completed! I'm from Texas and noticed that you are in Bryan. I had a ton of friends at A&M, man we had some fun over there. My AHR is going to be in New Braunfels :)

And here is an update to my list...
1. Engagement Pics taken in Sedona
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t44113
2. Finished half of the invites (need e-pics for passport picture)
3. Bought Dad's shirt
4. Bought Mom's outfit (what an ordeal... anyone else have an extremely opinionated mother?)
5. Boked a photographer!!!! Using Nate Cordova and he seems totally cool.
license to Still
6. Bought FI's flip flops
7. Bought dyeable shoes from Davids Bridal after ordering and returning 5 from Zappos - LOL
8. Decided to order FI the $99 custom linen suit online (if it looks bad we'll just get him one from Mens Wearhouse)
Linen Suits : Studiosuits.com, Custom Suits | Designer Suits
9. Attempted to buy our brothers shirts and flip flops: FI's bro is the best man and my 2 bros are my honor attendants. Since there are no girls in the wedding I thought clothes would be easy, but FIs brother is high maintenance and is convinced that the Reef flip flops I want won't be the right size. I mean honestly...
10. Purchases un-bridesmaid necklaces and need to send them with a letter.

Not even going to get into the OOT junk yet so that's it for now.

~ Autumn
Autumn and Nadine, I just noticed you were explaining un-bridesmaids. I think I fall into having that category. I have a MOH standing up with me and I already got her gift, but I have some really great girlfriends that would have been my bridesmaids. The only tough thing is that I have 8 un-bridesmaids. They are supposedly coming to PV so especially in that case, I want to get them something small and personal, but that can add up for 8 of them.
Autumn, how many do you have and do you have any ideas?
I do like the idea of sending them a letter with something too.
I don't want to get them bracelets though, because our friend just got married one month ago, and most of us were in it, and we all got bracelets.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
Autumn and Nadine, I just noticed you were explaining un-bridesmaids. I think I fall into having that category. I have a MOH standing up with me and I already got her gift, but I have some really great girlfriends that would have been my bridesmaids. The only tough thing is that I have 8 un-bridesmaids. They are supposedly coming to PV so especially in that case, I want to get them something small and personal, but that can add up for 8 of them.
Autumn, how many do you have and do you have any ideas?
I do like the idea of sending them a letter with something too.
I don't want to get them bracelets though, because our friend just got married one month ago, and most of us were in it, and we all got bracelets.

I just sent out my un-bridesmaid packets, but don't have pics here at work. I will send you some when I get home. I did an invitation type card that had the Top 5 Reasons To Be My Un-Bridesmaid, a personal letter to each girl, and then a necklace.

I bought Scrabble tile charms and put 2 tiles with a flip flop charm on a big ring that slips onto a necklace. Kind of hard to describe the here, but I included the etsy link for the scrabble tile charms. They are really cutsey on the site, but I think the way I put them together makes it a little more trendy. I also made me, my mom, and Fi's mom a necklace. Mine had a Bride tile and the moms had mom charms.

For 8 necklaces, letters and postage it was a total of $110.

The Paris tile represents me and FI (we got engaged under the Eiffel tower)
Free Chain With Scrabble Tile Pendant Necklace Purchase Paris by dwilcox on Etsy
The Live Love Laugh tile represents all of the good times with my girlfriends
Free Chain With Scrabble Tile Pendant Necklace Purchase Live Love Laugh by dwilcox on Etsy
Bride tile
Free Chain With Scrabble Tile Pendant Necklace Purchase Vintage Floral Bride by dwilcox on Etsy

Oh! that etsy seller is great! I'll check that out. that sounds about right for my budget too. Did your invitation have the 5 reasons? or did you make that list up? (which I'm sure I can put something together anyways...and I can make each list specific to each girl - about memories we share) hmmm....ok, I got ideas going now! thanks!

The only other thing I'm questioning is "un-bridesmaid" the appropriate term? doesn't that sound like you made her a bridemaid and then asked her not to be one? Did you use that exact word on your package? I think it's funny and cute, but just curious...

Yeah, most people on here put unofficial bridesmaid and I definitely questioned my version. But I used un-bridesmaid because it was shorter and to me it had the same meaning as not-a-bridesmaid. I figured I was going to have to explain it to them anyways - why not make up words and meaings for your own wedding :) It always helps to see what someone else did to get your ideas moving! Good luck!

Here is the top 5 list that I copied and modified from several people on BDW -Thanks girls!

THE TOP 5 REASONS TO BE MY UN-BRIDESMAID

DRESS: You donâ€t have to buy a bridesmaid dress

FLOWERS: I need someone to pretend to want to catch the bouquet

PARTY: I know you will help plan an awesome bachelorette bash

POTTY: Please help me go to the bathroom in a gigantic dress

BEACH: You can go to Puerto Vallarta and dance at the Cheeky Monkey

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH

But the real reason you should be my un-bridesmaid is...

You are one of my best friends and I canâ€t imagine doing this without you!

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I have not posted on this thread in a while so I figured I would say hello and post an updated list of things I have done!

Things I have done:

1. Chose the location - Excellence Playa Mujeres in Cancun

2. Chose MOH and Best Man - my aunt and FI brother

3. Created a wedding website - used ewedding.com

4. Purchased my wedding gown - from Wedding Atelier in NYC (Nicole Miller)

5. Booked our photographer - Cecila Dumas

6. Hired our travel agent (who is the best!) - BDW agent Jennifer

7. Made and sent out STDs - boarding pass

8. Booked the DJ - DJ Doremixx

9. Picked out centerpieces - Floating candles in glass vases with river stones

10. Bought FI and BM attire - seersucker suits from Brooks Brothers

11. Created a logo for beach towels - am pricing out now

12. Making invitations - I plan to send them out in May for 6.30 RSVP

13. Priced out custom wedding band - copy of one I found at Tiffanys

14. Puchased reception shoes - Bluefly.com rocks!

15. Wedding jewelry - thank you Aunt Sue!

16. Sent out wedding invitations.

17. Purchased wedding rings - Blue Nile

18. Booked catamaran cruise charter for the day before the wedding - Cancun Catamarans

19. Bought MOH attire - Priscilla of Boston

20. Started investigating BD photogs

Hi December brides! Just wondering about rsvp's, when did/do you want your guests to rsvp by? Our wedding is on the 16th and I was thinking by the end of October (at the latest!) maybe even sooner, like beginning of October, or is that too soon??

I don't think Oct is too soon. I am putting Nov 1 on mine because the RSVP includes the wedding on Dec 5 and the AHR on Jan 2. For the wedding we are also talking to and having our moms talk to people we think will come and making sure they RSVP as soon as they book. We have about 75% of the anticipated number already RSVPd. I kinda feel like the invite RSVP is just a formality, mainly for our AHR, and really for those last minute lucys who might decide out of the blue to come to Mexico.