Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MarieSam

Turtle Bay Cafe Bakery ~ Lots of new Wedding Cake pics!!!

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone just wanted to share that the owners of Turtle Bay Cafe recently posted tons of more pictures of wedding cake photos on their website. There so many beautiful creations and they all look delicious!!!!

 

If you're using TBC or thinking of using them perhaps the new pics will give you some new inspiration ideas ~ cheesy.gif

 

Here's the direct link to their cakes page: Wedding and Special Occation Cakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a fair warning, I REALLY wanted to go with Turtle Bay Cafe, however it became a nightmare to deal wtih my resort and the outside vendor issue.

HOWEVER, before that nightmare, I was in contact with Turtle Bay Cafe and I had gotten a very reasonable price quote from them. I was very excited to work wtih them! i sent them a picture of exactly the cake that I wanted... and it's listed as Cake 8.

That is the EXACT photo that I sent them... NOT of a cake that they made! I just thought you should be warned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mariesam, are they in akumal? do they have a website for the bakery?

 

might have to check them out in person for you, do a little samplin' :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
mariesam, are they in akumal? do they have a website for the bakery?

might have to check them out in person for you, do a little samplin' :)
Abbie you are too sweet rolleyes.gif And yes they are in Akumal. Jenn, the owner of TBC, is actually my wedding coordinator and also catering our wedding reception. When we did our site visit in June, we ate at their cafe 4 times ~ once on the house to sample everything we wanted at our cocktail hour and reception. It was FREAKING DELICIOUS!!!! Then about 3 hours before we left back to Cali, she had her baker make me about a dozen tres leches cupcakes -- super yummy!!!

But girl when you visit (YAY your honeymoon is so close!!!woot.gif) you should definitely check their cafe out -- the food is so good and their baked goods are excellent!! Here's the link to their website: "Turtle Bay Cafe and Bakery", Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico, full service restaurant


*** As for TBC using the pic Trish gave.....I will definitely ask her about it because even if it is only being posted for inspiration's sake, they should not infer that they made that particular cake. In all fairness though, there are other cakes on her site that are very similar to that style that were in fact made by their bakers (I know this because of the evident Akumal background in the photos and because I was privvy to looking at a collection of photos from past weddings she catered) They are also a highly reputable company that many brides on BDW have used, and received high praise from past customers on BDW, the locogringo forum, and in just doing general google/yahoo research searches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBC is doing our cake. I sent Jennifer a pic of the cake i would like, its not on her site. Our cake is a vanilla layered w/ raspberry and white chocolate, 2 tiers, has tons of white chocolate shells on it, it's feeding 35 people and she is only charging me $200. She said if I wanted it to be 3 tiers she would charge me $250.

 

I haven't been able to go to Akumal yet, but it is my in-laws favorite place in the world (they've been to every continent, except antartica, so that says something about Akumal) We are not fans of resorts so Akumal is great. When they go they eat at TBC every morning. They said it is some of the best food ever, although the Lol-Ha is raved to be the best in RM. Also the owners of TBC are from Seattle so its very easy to communicate w/ them, and Jennifer is very nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSam View Post
*** As for TBC using the pic Trish gave.....I will definitely ask her about it because even if it is only being posted for inspiration's sake, they should not infer that they made that particular cake. In all fairness though, there are other cakes on her site that are very similar to that style that were in fact made by their bakers (I know this because of the evident Akumal background in the photos and because I was privvy to looking at a collection of photos from past weddings she catered) They are also a highly reputable company that many brides on BDW have used, and received high praise from past customers on BDW, the locogringo forum, and in just doing general google/yahoo research searches.
Yeah, I wonder what they'll say about that. It was actually listed on their website as "Trisha's cake" when it was in the old format. It was amusing to me. And i KNOW they can make the cake (or one very similar to it). They are really brilliant and I have heard WONDERFUL things about their food and their location and I was TOTALLY bummed that I couldn't make it work with my resort.
Abbie, I too would highly recommend that you go and check it out! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
TBC is doing our cake. I sent Jennifer a pic of the cake i would like, its not on her site. Our cake is a vanilla layered w/ raspberry and white chocolate, 2 tiers, has tons of white chocolate shells on it, it's feeding 35 people and she is only charging me $200. She said if I wanted it to be 3 tiers she would charge me $250.
Jacilyn, so glad you were finally able to speak to Jenn -- your cake sounds delicious!!! I'm sure it will be yummy and beautiful, FI absolutely LOVES raspberries so he will be jealous when I tell him what you're getting rolleyes.gif

Aside from our cupcakes and little cake to cut, we recently decided to have TBC make us some chocolate covered strawberries (white and regular) and choco chip cookies too. My pants are busting at the seams just thinking about it, hehehe, I can't wait!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Yeah, I wonder what they'll say about that. It was actually listed on their website as "Trisha's cake" when it was in the old format. It was amusing to me. And i KNOW they can make the cake (or one very similar to it). They are really brilliant and I have heard WONDERFUL things about their food and their location and I was TOTALLY bummed that I couldn't make it work with my resort. Abbie, I too would highly recommend that you go and check it out! :)
lol, Trish that kinda makes me chuckle that she labeled it your cake cheesy.gif Jenn is headed to Cali this weekend and is supposed to call me, so Im going to try and figure out a way to ask her about it without offending her, lol. And that totally sucks you couldn't use them for your wedding ~ did you at least end up with a good cake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, our cake wasn't terrible... but it certainly wasn't a TBC cake!

Although, the cake we got was free, so I suppose that helped make it taste better too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×