Photo

Custom Linen Suits $99!

• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#791 jamieirene

jamieirene
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

They Look awesome!  This is exactly what we are looking for...My mother in law to be is an a semstress for a living so we are lucky there as all of our alterations needed will be of no cost to us.  I think even think these are the exactly color we are looking for they look amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by bryanandchar 

Hi ladies,

We used studiosuits and I'm super happy with our results.

We ordered 3 suits - in English beige, they took about 2-3 weeks to arrive, and we got e-mails from them confirming some of the measurements as some of the guys are really tall!

Once we got them, 2 of them needed to be let out a little in the jacket (tight around the shoulders and around the waist), but there was tons of extra fabric to do this, also we needed the pants taken in on one suit a little. In total we paid $100 for alterations for everything. Totally worth it.

Here's a picture of the guys:

216926_10150228411370342_524440341_8948395_576025_n.jpg

#792 Cherazi

Cherazi
    • 196 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are a first time customer StudioSuits refunds 20% of your alteration fees. You just have to ask the customer service group. I know it's not much, but it is better than nothing :)

#793 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
      • 447 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are a first time customer StudioSuits refunds 20% of your alteration fees. You just have to ask the customer service group. I know it's not much, but it is better than nothing :)

Wow! Thats great to know!

#794 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

They look great!

Originally Posted by bryanandchar 

Hi ladies,

We used studiosuits and I'm super happy with our results.

We ordered 3 suits - in English beige, they took about 2-3 weeks to arrive, and we got e-mails from them confirming some of the measurements as some of the guys are really tall!

Once we got them, 2 of them needed to be let out a little in the jacket (tight around the shoulders and around the waist), but there was tons of extra fabric to do this, also we needed the pants taken in on one suit a little. In total we paid $100 for alterations for everything. Totally worth it.

Here's a picture of the guys:

216926_10150228411370342_524440341_8948395_576025_n.jpg

#795 snl2011

snl2011
          • 67 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'm also having trouble with Studio Suits.  After reading such great reviews on this thread we decided to order a linen suit from them.  I measured my guy exactly according to their instructions.  The jacket came out nicely, but the pants are so small!  They fit me better than they fit him!  They're at least 1 inch SMALLER than the measurements I sent them.  I've been emailing back and forth with one of their reps who insist it's my fault the pants came out smaller than what I measured.  It's so frustrating.  We're probably just going to order another set of pants from them since we already have the jacket, but it's really upsetting that they don't take any responsibility.

The quality is great though

#796 Cherazi

Cherazi
            • 196 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear that. Are you sure that it can't be fixed with alterations? We spend $115 and now the suit and pants look great. They claim that they leave enough material to add up to 2.5 inches to the pants. May be worth looking into instead of ordering another pair. And they will reimburse 20% of your alterations cost. I just received $22 refund from them.

#797 snl2011

snl2011
              • 67 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I brought the pants to my tailor and he said there's a little room in the waist, but not enough in the leg to be let out.  So essentially....there's nothing he can do with them! 

#798 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

From what I am reading on here, it maybe worthwhile to give the measurements slightly larger than what you actually measure as it sounds as though most of these suits are coming back too small???

#799 Cherazi

Cherazi
                  • 196 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

I honestly think going with pre-set sizes may be the best bet. We did that for my dad and his suit is a perfect fit.

#800 snl2011

snl2011
                    • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

I brought the pants to my tailor and he said there wasn't enough room to be let out :(  We're going to reorder them in the preset sizes, but I'm still upset that StudioSuits in insisting that I made the error!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users