Photo

Custom Linen Suits $99!

• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#781 Andre Lysenko

Andre Lysenko
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

Ah, then you didn't read all 78 pages, did you?

;-)

Someone else posted a photo or two of the swatches they received, but that was a while ago.

At some point there was discussion of certain materials not being available (temporarily?) anymore so I thought I'd share what I received on April 12, 2011.

I must say, to my untrained eye (and fingers) it was very difficult to note much of a difference between the Linen blend and 100% Linen swatches.  With such a small piece of fabric it's hard to tell how they would hang and the to the touch, they kind of felt the same.  The blend looks a little stiffer and judging from the pictures of people wearing the full suits in this thread I'm going to limit myself to the 100% Linen.

The suits with the blends looked more like chino or Dockers khaki with some wrinkles that begged to be ironed out.  The 100% Linen's wrinkles somehow looked better, more natural.

Has anyone seen the variety of "Trouser Fit" available now?  There are 10 different kinds.  Which seems to be more than people were discussing earlier in this thread.  I generally lean towards slimmer-fit and found that many photos here are more on the really baggy side.  One groomsman's pants looked like clown pants and the jacket was too big and far too long.

I admit I'm new to linen.  Is baggy the preferred way to wear linen?  Would a slimmer, tailored look be inapproriate?

#782 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Andre,

I think it is a matter of preference and comfortablity when it comes to what one wants. I want our guys to have that tailored look versus baggy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Lysenko 

Ah, then you didn't read all 78 pages, did you?

;-)

Someone else posted a photo or two of the swatches they received, but that was a while ago.

At some point there was discussion of certain materials not being available (temporarily?) anymore so I thought I'd share what I received on April 12, 2011.

I must say, to my untrained eye (and fingers) it was very difficult to note much of a difference between the Linen blend and 100% Linen swatches.  With such a small piece of fabric it's hard to tell how they would hang and the to the touch, they kind of felt the same.  The blend looks a little stiffer and judging from the pictures of people wearing the full suits in this thread I'm going to limit myself to the 100% Linen.

The suits with the blends looked more like chino or Dockers khaki with some wrinkles that begged to be ironed out.  The 100% Linen's wrinkles somehow looked better, more natural.

Has anyone seen the variety of "Trouser Fit" available now?  There are 10 different kinds.  Which seems to be more than people were discussing earlier in this thread.  I generally lean towards slimmer-fit and found that many photos here are more on the really baggy side.  One groomsman's pants looked like clown pants and the jacket was too big and far too long.

I admit I'm new to linen.  Is baggy the preferred way to wear linen?  Would a slimmer, tailored look be inapproriate?

#783 Cherazi

Cherazi
      • 196 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

My dad's suit arrived today in Maryland after 2.5 weeks of placing the order. We didn't do custom measurements for my dad, just the standard sizes, and he says that it fits perfectly :) I am so happy.

My FI's suit and the groomsmen shirts are arriving tomorrow in California. We did custom measurements for FI, so I am a little nervous, but very excited to see him in it. YAY.

#784 Cherazi

Cherazi
        • 196 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

IMPORTANT: Order the satin liner for the pants. Normal liner = NO liner.

FI's suit is not a good fit :( We took measurements, and the pants are too big and the jacket is too wide on the shoulder. And the shirts that we ordered with the standard sizes are on the small side ... I am very disappointed, but I am hopeful that we can alter it to fit better.

#785 Cherazi

Cherazi
          • 196 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

And they don't have and exchange policy, so if you get something and it's not the tight size (even for the ready size items) it's yours. 

#786 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

oh no! I know what you're going through though since we had to order 2 suits for FI to get it to fit right.  They actually deleted my comment on their website after I ordered the first one...apparently they aren't ok with negative reviews even though i also mentioned how nice the quality was.  I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to do quick alterations, at least it's a matter of it being too big instead of too small.

quick question - we're doing a TTD and originally FI was going to wear his suit....well he will be wearing it again in June for our AHR so will the suit be ruined after playing in the water with it or is it similar to my dress and will just wash clean?

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#787 Cherazi

Cherazi
              • 196 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I am going to leave negative comments on their website, but I don't think they will keep it. All the comments posed n their website are amazing and that is just not realistic!

We went to the alteration place and it will cost $115!! If it turns out OK, I am fine with it.

#788 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

oh no! I know what you're going through though since we had to order 2 suits for FI to get it to fit right.  They actually deleted my comment on their website after I ordered the first one...apparently they aren't ok with negative reviews even though i also mentioned how nice the quality was.  I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to do quick alterations, at least it's a matter of it being too big instead of too small.

quick question - we're doing a TTD and originally FI was going to wear his suit....well he will be wearing it again in June for our AHR so will the suit be ruined after playing in the water with it or is it similar to my dress and will just wash clean?

We are also doing TTD and having a formal AHR where he will need to wear the suit again. We decided not to chance it and bought linen pants and another white button up shirt. Figured since I paid so much after altering the thing, I didn't want to chance it.

#789 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                  • 447 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

I am going to leave negative comments on their website, but I don't think they will keep it. All the comments posed n their website are amazing and that is just not realistic!

We went to the alteration place and it will cost $115!! If it turns out OK, I am fine with it.

The alterations also cost us about the same amount, which was quite a bummer. So the whole "$99 linen suit" deal that sounded so great anded up being a lot more then that!

#790 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 165 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi ladies,

We used studiosuits and I'm super happy with our results.

We ordered 3 suits - in English beige, they took about 2-3 weeks to arrive, and we got e-mails from them confirming some of the measurements as some of the guys are really tall!

Once we got them, 2 of them needed to be let out a little in the jacket (tight around the shoulders and around the waist), but there was tons of extra fabric to do this, also we needed the pants taken in on one suit a little. In total we paid $100 for alterations for everything. Totally worth it.

Here's a picture of the guys:

216926_10150228411370342_524440341_8948395_576025_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users