Custom Linen Suits $99!

Suits Ordered - 01/12/12 (I emailed back & forth with them for a couple of days to tweak sizing, etc.) Best Man Tropical English Beige/Lined Preset Suit - we ordered his unhemmed Shipped - 01/20/12 Received - 01/27/12 Cost - $159.99 ($139.99 for suit, $20 for shipping, his cost a little extra because he needed a larger size jacket & waist for pants) Father of Groom Tropical Rome Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit Shipped - 01/21/12 Received - 01/27/12 Cost - $139.99 ($119.99 for suit, $20 for shipping) Groom Tropical English Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit Shipped - 01/31/12 Received - 02/02/12 Cost - $138.99 ($119.99 for suit, $19 for shipping) Father of Bride Tropical Rome Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit Shipped - 01/31/12 Received - 02/02/12 Cost - $148.99 ($129.99 for suit, $19 for shipping, his cost a little more because of his waist size) Measurements: For all of our measurements, I rounded up to the next largest number (if it was a half). I also modified some of our measurements based on things I had read in this thread. Waist - we added 2 inches Thigh - we added 1 inch Outer length - we added 1 inch Trouser leg bottom - Studio Suits emailed me and said they felt the trouser leg bottom should 20, as linen pants are worn wider at the leg bottom (we had put down 18) Shoulder - they felt our shoulder measurements were too small, so I had them add 2 inches Sleeves - they felt FFIL's sleeves were too long, but he is really tall, so I left as-is
Thank you SO much for clarifying exactly what measurements you added to and how much. Everyone says "add a couple/few inches," etc... But a couple vs a few is a big deal. I felt like I didn't want it to end up being huge! We are going to order today... Fingers crossed for a good outcome!! Thanks for yor help!

Hi brides.  Just a warning.  They are out of stock of "Tropical English Beige".  I ordered a suit for my FI as a test last month, and went to go order all of the groomsmen in the same colour last week and they emailed me telling me that colour is out of stock.  We now have to order another suit for my FI.  Not too happy.

Hi brides.  Just a warning.  They are out of stock of "Tropical English Beige".  I ordered a suit for my FI as a test last month, and went to go order all of the groomsmen in the same colour last week and they emailed me telling me that colour is out of stock.  We now have to order another suit for my FI.  Not too happy.
That is a huge bummer. They are out of suck forever? Maybe keep your FI's color and have the groomsmen wear something similar but a different shade of beige. That's similar to what we are doing. We just ordered yesterday in the glen check grey and if we like the suit we will order the groomsmens in the regular grey. Good luck!!

I don't know if forever, but it doesn't even show as an option on the website anymore!

I picked Tropical Light Beige instead and had to order another one for my FI because he wants them all to be exactly the same, but online it says "Low Stock" in this colour as well!  Hopefully I don't get another email telling me to pick another colour or I will just cancel the whole order!

Good luck with your order girl!

That's what we're doing! Groom is in full suit - vest and jacket, groomsmen are in vests and ties - also coral! Although we aren't grey, we're tropical beige! :)

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

I am so thankful for this thread!! This is definitely where we'll be ordering. Just trying to decide what the groomsmen will wear. We were thinking that maybe my FI will wear a suit (Hawaiian Grey) and the groomsmen (3) will wear the same colour but only the pants and vests. My bridesmaids are wearing coral so I think they will also wear coral ties. I was also thinking that maybe the groomsmen should be in a darker grey (tropical grey) with just the pants and vests and my FI in the lighter grey (Hawaiian Grey), full suit so he really stands out. It's so hard to decide! 

Sooo...since believing we were doing 'coral'...we've realized the BM's dresses are more pink than coral. So, travelling with the tiny swatch which was all I had to go on, we ended up finding a tux store in a mall that sold clip on ties - and we found something that had a gradient to it that matches pretty well.

We ordered and have since received our tropical beige suits. Overall pretty happy with them! :)

Originally Posted by pokeyholly View Post

Hi Sillafeliz! Any luck on finding coral ties? My BMs are wearing David's bridal Coral Reef and it's hard to find coral ties that match that shade because it's a bit more pink. 

I am also having a hard time deciding on the GMs attire. We also were thinking casual but now we are getting married in a gazebo so I feel like it's a bit more formal. Although nowadays, it seems more common for the guys wear suits/vests/dress shoes on the beach or in a gazebo.

Anyway, the vests do look really sharp!! My FI wants to be in a suit and I've googled tons pics and it looks so nice when the GMs are in a vest and the groom in a suit. What colour are you ordering?

We ordered our suits from studiosuits and our linen shirts from islandimporter - GREAT quality shirt from them. I've heard studio suits linen shirts are really thin and see-through. Good luck!

Originally Posted by AmandaBride View Post

Hi Brides!

I ordered a test suit for my fiance before we ordered 5 more for all of our groomsmen.  We ordered the waist coat and trouser set for $100 as well as a pure linen shirt for $50.  Total cost for shipping was $20 and duty and taxes were $30, so all together $200.

Although we are happy with the fit and quality of the waist coat and trouser set, the linen shirt came in with pink stains all over the shoulder and neck area.  When I contacted Studio Suits last night, their response this morning was that they have very strict quality control and QC checks everything before it is sent out.  However, I should take it to a dry cleaner and on the next order on the same shirt, they will give me 20% off.

I'm not very impressed with this seeing as we dont know if they will be able to get the stain out at the dry cleaners. I'm not sure if we will go ahead with the rest of the suits, or if we do, I will just leave out the white linen shirt as I dont want to risk wasting an additional $250 on shirts with stains on them that I can't return or get refunded for.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up and include some pics.  Any questions, just let me know!

Amanda