Custom Linen Suits $99!

Yeah, mine was pretty quick as well. Just make sure to watch your email. They will email you if they have any questions on the measurements and hold your order. Somehow I missed their email and a couple weeks went by before I noticed and had to wait another couple weeks since I got back to them so late.

Originally Posted by Smoylan View Post

2 weeks! Thats amazing! My FI is leary about this, but its good to know it will come so quick if he cant find anything by May

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

Yeah, mine was pretty quick as well. Just make sure to watch your email. They will email you if they have any questions on the measurements and hold your order. Somehow I missed their email and a couple weeks went by before I noticed and had to wait another couple weeks since I got back to them so late.

So I received the suit on Monday this week and WHAT A MESS!

I do not find these suits to be well made at all!

We ordered custom sizing and classic comfort fit for the pants. Um, the pants were horrible! Soooo tight in the waist. They completely screwed up the waist measurements, and my fiance is thin for his height (5'11"-6'  and 178 lbs). I measured 36" for his waist and they are claiming the pants were meaured to 36.75", there is no way in hell that is true. I measured the pants to be less than a 34" waist.  Legs were narrow and more of a skinnier cut leg. We measured everything twice (once by a seamstress and once by me before submitting the order). I also measured him in a suit jacket that he already owns to get more accurate measurements. The jacket was still narrow and the sleeves were too short (in my opinion).

Now I am trying to have paypal give me my money back because the meaurements all over the suit are clearly off. In my opinion, try to find a discount store or a good sale with a return policy. It is not worth it to have this (crap) come in and not fit correctly. I paid $140 for this suit, and I really think I could find something better for around the same price at a discount store.

Who knows if I will even get my money back...so frustrating!

My review: STAY AWAY!

Hi Hun, so disappointed for you!

We ordered my Fiance's suit from Studio Suits and have been delighted with the results and fit and I only measured him myself. I guess something went horribly wrong for you as far as them making the trousers up.

Have you contacted them directly to sort it out? Harry seemed very keen to maintain good customer service.

We had an email from them just this morning asking them to review the suit we received from them.

I hope you can get the problem resolved quickly as it must be so stressful.

Vicky

We custom ordered a suit and had a decent experience. That being said my FI won't be wearing the suit we ordered from sudiosuits.  The biggest problem, as others have mentioned, is that they seem to be made for longer slim fit body types.  We even ordered classic fit and added 2 inches to waist and chest measurements.(We did custom sizing)My FI is about 5'10" and around 175 lbs.  The jacket is too tight and the slit in the back is way too high. I measured the jacket and it is about 2 inches shorter than the length measurement we actually sent them. So the flap in the back looks like it gives him a bubble butt!  He hates it....the pants fit decently although as others have mentioned the rise is off. It is very short through the "family jewels area" :).  We even told them a measurement much longer than it actually was and in the notes said our main concern was the rise being too short.  He said he would wear the pants but would be uncomfortable all day.  I did measurements of him, and  of an existing suit, and he was measured professionally as well.

All of that being said, the actual quality of the suit is amazing for the price. He was very pleased with this.  He is contemplating ordering another suit and emailing them our concerns about sizing, but we are down to crunch time! We leave in 4 weeks. We did get it within two weeks of ordering and were pleased with the service we received. 

He was at Men's warehouse today and saw a similar suit that he may try. It is $300 but he has a 50% off coupon from another purchase he made there.  We may just go that way since we are low on time.  All in all I would say ordering from this company is iffy.  The service and quality is good, but as another poster mentioned I think they may take a standard suit for a "petite" guy and add custom changes. I think if you can order a standard size a bit larger than his actual size and then have alterations done, you may be ok.  Good luck girls! 

Im not sure where you are from, or which stores are specific to which states, but we looked last month (in MA) and most stores : Nordstroms, Miltons and Mens Wearhouse all carry Linene suits but they dont come in till late March. So hopefully anytime...since we are 103 days away....but whos counting? Not my FI ;)

Originally Posted by Meagan816 View Post

I am nervous to order a suit without seeing it.  Has anyone found anything in stores recently?

Ha ha, who's counting, I know the feeling! 

If you guys can check Men's Warehouse now if you are interested.  They seem to be carrying them in Colorado already.  Also, JC Penny's has the blends.  They look nice, but we want full linen. I had a friend get married a few weeks back in the Penny's vest and pants and it looked amazing.  I hope we can find something now!  I may just email SS and see if they will send us out at least another jacket since our measurements are so off. Sounds like a couple of us are in the same boat, but I only have a month.  My FI doesn't seem a bit worried and he buys suits for work all the time, so I imagine he can figure it out.

Oh, on a good note we did also get a linen shirt from SS, it is awesome.  Color is great, he wanted mint green to match our colors. It fits perfect!  Again, their quality is awesome. 

Here's a pic of DF in his suit (don't mind the mess, it's where we keep all the wedding stuff)...

ryan suit.jpg

I wanted to start this post so you can see costs, etc. and shipping times from order.

Suits Ordered - 01/12/12 (I emailed back & forth with them for a couple of days to tweak sizing, etc.)

Best Man

Tropical English Beige/Lined Preset Suit - we ordered his unhemmed

Shipped - 01/20/12

Received - 01/27/12

Cost - $159.99 ($139.99 for suit, $20 for shipping, his cost a little extra because he needed a larger size jacket & waist for pants)

Father of Groom

Tropical Rome Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit

Shipped - 01/21/12

Received - 01/27/12

Cost - $139.99 ($119.99 for suit, $20 for shipping)

Groom

Tropical English Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit

Shipped - 01/31/12

Received - 02/06/12

Cost - $138.99 ($119.99 for suit, $19 for shipping)

Father of Bride

Tropical Rome Beige/Classic Comfort/Lined Custom Suit

Shipped - 01/31/12

Received - 02/06/12

Cost - $148.99 ($129.99 for suit, $19 for shipping, his cost a little more because of his waist size)

Measurements:

For all of our measurements, I rounded up to the next largest number (if it was a half). I also modified some of our measurements based on things I had read in this thread.

Waist - we added 2 inches

Thigh - we added 1 inch

Outer length - we added 1 inch

Trouser leg bottom - Studio Suits emailed me and said they felt the trouser leg bottom should 20, as linen pants are worn wider at the leg bottom (we had put down 18)

Shoulder - they felt our shoulder measurements were too small, so I had them add 2 inches

Sleeves - they felt FFIL's sleeves were too long, but he is really tall, so I left as-is

The only thing that had to be done to our guys' suits, as far as alterations, were to have the bottoms hemmed and to have the sleeves shortened on my dad & DF's, but our seamstress measured them extra long.