Custom Linen Suits $99!

Whoa!  Where did you take the suit to??  Did you get a 2nd quote before committing to the $100 place?!

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 View Post

LADIES- before you order, make sure to read the reviews about getting professionally measured or ordering a preset size. I was impatient and excited and did the measurements myself! lol We just took the suit in to get altered and it will cost approximately $100...so just wanted to give you all a heads up! :)

Regarding measurements....

My FI got measured at his local suit place which is one of his business clients.  They measured every part they were supposed to and wrote them down for him.  When he submitted them to Stuoidsuits they contacted him back and asked him to double check the measurements because they seemed off (he wants a slim fit suit).  Well he went back into the suit place here and had someone else measure...sure enough the first guy measured incorrectly and wrote down a standard size around the knee instead of the actual measurement.  I am so thankful that Studiosuits was smart enough to double check with us to see if that was accurate.  It really made me feel like they know exactly what they are doing there.

Sorry to hear about your situation deannamarie.  I would suggest checking out other places as well before you commit to them. 

Thanks for posting sxcT, even though I ordered a pre-set size, I know your story will make a lot of other brides feel better about ordering!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Regarding measurements....

My FI got measured at his local suit place which is one of his business clients.  They measured every part they were supposed to and wrote them down for him.  When he submitted them to Stuoidsuits they contacted him back and asked him to double check the measurements because they seemed off (he wants a slim fit suit).  Well he went back into the suit place here and had someone else measure...sure enough the first guy measured incorrectly and wrote down a standard size around the knee instead of the actual measurement.  I am so thankful that Studiosuits was smart enough to double check with us to see if that was accurate.  It really made me feel like they know exactly what they are doing there.

Sorry to hear about your situation deannamarie.  I would suggest checking out other places as well before you commit to them. 

Just wanted to add our review as well, we were SO impressed with Studio Suits!

My husband ordered pants, vest, shirt and jacket and we ordered shirts and pants for the groomsmen.  All were linen blend and custom sizes and everything fit perfectly!  We mentioned to Studio Suits that we needed to have these by a certain date, and they made sure we had everything by that date.  They did contact us once to say that one of the measurements seemed off and asked us to retake it, so there is definitely some quality control happening when they make each piece of clothing.

I would highly recommend them!  And order swatches before you decide what color you want.  We didn't do that (just ordered based on website colors) and his suit was lighter than he had hoped.  It still looked great, but if we had time to order swatches first we probably would have done that.

He's so impressed with the quality and fit that he will order from them again.  No one can ever tell by looking at it that it was a $99 suit!

What shirts did you buy? We bought FIs suit from studio suits, but now I'm looking for a shirt for him and I'm wishing I had just ordered a linen shirt from them at the same time!

Is the linen shirt really see-through??

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

Just wanted to add our review as well, we were SO impressed with Studio Suits!

My husband ordered pants, vest, shirt and jacket and we ordered shirts and pants for the groomsmen.  All were linen blend and custom sizes and everything fit perfectly!  We mentioned to Studio Suits that we needed to have these by a certain date, and they made sure we had everything by that date.  They did contact us once to say that one of the measurements seemed off and asked us to retake it, so there is definitely some quality control happening when they make each piece of clothing.

I would highly recommend them!  And order swatches before you decide what color you want.  We didn't do that (just ordered based on website colors) and his suit was lighter than he had hoped.  It still looked great, but if we had time to order swatches first we probably would have done that.

He's so impressed with the quality and fit that he will order from them again.  No one can ever tell by looking at it that it was a $99 suit!

Unfortunately, It was my FI alone and he out down the deposit and gave them the suit right away. He said "well...i don't know how to sew" LOL oh well...

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 View Post

Whoa!  Where did you take the suit to??  Did you get a 2nd quote before committing to the $100 place?!

Originally Posted by pineapplebride View Post

What shirts did you buy? We bought FIs suit from studio suits, but now I'm looking for a shirt for him and I'm wishing I had just ordered a linen shirt from them at the same time!

Is the linen shirt really see-through??

We bought a white linen shirt from Cubavera at Macy's. they seem to be really high quality and look beautiful with the natural linen suit we chose! Good luck!

Hey girls...FYI!

I was going to order from studiosuits but a few of the GM were afraid they'd screw it up and didn't want to order from that far away. Yesterday I went to Old Navy and they have linen pants and shirts in. The shirts were on sale this week, too! They have a bunch of different color shirts and 2 or 3 different khaki/white color pants (button/zipper or drawstring). I'm sure they aren't made of the best linen out there, but mu FI said they were comfortable and I thought they looked really nice. Plus, they were are great deal, $53 for the pants and shirt! Plus, if you buy something before hand and fill out an online survey you get 10% off, that'd be a good deal if you are buying the GM attire, too.

on814861-00vliv01.jpgon815468-01vliv01.jpg

We are keeping our swatches because he plans on order more suits in the future.  You can order them online.  We got every type of fabric for like $7-$8 I think. 

Originally Posted by Morena53 View Post

Hi There:

Any of you Ladies have swatches available for the linen suits?

I need to place an order for my Fiance but i would like to see the colours first.

Thanks,

Panama Bride May 27th, 2011