Custom Linen Suits $99!

holy moly, i spent my evening reading through this entire thread and then i placed my order! my wedding is still a couple of months away, but i really want to see the suit on my FI before he leaves back to our hometown where he is going in 2 weeks! And then i won't see him until we go to Jamaica!  So i asked in the comments box if i could have the suit in 13 days, by Feb.. 28! we'll see what happens i guess. if not, i will get the suit here, see it, then ship it to FI.

Based on ALL the comments, i found there were quite a few stories of people who did not do the measurements accurately and had to take the suit to a tailor to get fixed.  So because of this and because i was not confident in my own measuring skills, I went with the pre-set sizes. I saw that a couple of other brides on here did that as well.  I did not see any pictures though, so i promise - if it arrives on time - to get a picture of FI in his preset sized suit and post it here. If i don't do it in 2 weeks, i will post them after the wedding for sure!  I went with the Beige Linen because there was someone on here who had that color and FI and I both thought it was the best one.

that's all for now - wish me luck that all goes well!!

Sorry I didn't get back to you before you ordered!!  We did the custom measurements and then it asks what kind of fit you want and that's where we chose the regular one.  If you've put the date on there, good chance you'll receive it by then! :)  Good Luck!

Originally Posted by PurpleUnicorn View Post

holy moly, i spent my evening reading through this entire thread and then i placed my order! my wedding is still a couple of months away, but i really want to see the suit on my FI before he leaves back to our hometown where he is going in 2 weeks! And then i won't see him until we go to Jamaica!  So i asked in the comments box if i could have the suit in 13 days, by Feb.. 28! we'll see what happens i guess. if not, i will get the suit here, see it, then ship it to FI.

Based on ALL the comments, i found there were quite a few stories of people who did not do the measurements accurately and had to take the suit to a tailor to get fixed.  So because of this and because i was not confident in my own measuring skills, I went with the pre-set sizes. I saw that a couple of other brides on here did that as well.  I did not see any pictures though, so i promise - if it arrives on time - to get a picture of FI in his preset sized suit and post it here. If i don't do it in 2 weeks, i will post them after the wedding for sure!  I went with the Beige Linen because there was someone on here who had that color and FI and I both thought it was the best one.

that's all for now - wish me luck that all goes well!!

We placed our order last night for FI's suit and custom shirt! FI ordered a test pair of pants a few weeks ago and his measurements must have been very off as the pants didn't have enough material in the rise/seat, so when he got them they fit REALLY low rise (not cute at all) even though we ordered the custom fit.

The fabric and craftsmanship of them is great, hopefully a tailor can fix them and he can wear that pair for the welcome dinner. JUST BEWARE of incorrect measurements and triple check all of them (professionals included) and add the word FIX behind anything you don't want changed (he missed that major instruction last time).

His new order is for the complete suit (and another custom shirt) and I triple checked his measurements this time so fingers crossed it will turn out great!

I'll post pics of the outfit when it arrives.

Thanks again for all the tips!

no problem! i read through the whole thread and felt pretty confident ordering after that!

Originally Posted by BeachBrideSoon View Post

Sorry I didn't get back to you before you ordered!!  We did the custom measurements and then it asks what kind of fit you want and that's where we chose the regular one.  If you've put the date on there, good chance you'll receive it by then! :)  Good Luck!

A few questions- does anyone have a pic of the straight leg pants? I'd also love to see any pics of the tropical dark beige suit. I am wearing an ivory dress and I am wondering how it will look with that shade of suit. Also, if I choose to purchase a "waist coast" or vest do they select the color of it based on the suit color you buy or is there one standard vest color?

Thanks ladies!

We're going to try and order FI another suit.  Fingers crossed this time it will actually fit.  Just took his measurements again and they are all the same as they were the first time with the suit that didn't fit so I added an inch to everything...might add a couple more just in case.  The company had told me we could let everything out up to 3 inches to we took it to a tailor and when she got to looking at it they use a yellow mark line that does not come off which made it impossible to let out at all without yellow lines all over the place.  Hopefully this time it fits!

The pic I posted was of the straight leg. They are unhemmed because we just ordered standard size for the pants. We decided on those because we were afraid the classic fit would be too tapered but honestly the straight leg is not all that straight. They are not bad but FI would probably get something baggier if he could do it over.