#71 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ktyum
    so glad i read this thread thanks for advice everyone. does anyone know if the sand will be hot in mexico about 4pm? also does anyone know if you plan on wearing flip flops and then heels after, which ones are you best to wear to your dress alterations?
    katie
    I'm not too sure about how hot the sand is in Mexico at 4pm but you could always check yourself when you arrive to your location. Just take a stroll on the beach a few days before your wedding, at that exact time & I'm sure you'll find out.
    In terms of the alterations question, my seamstress advised that I have my fittings with my heels. Actually when I first ordered my dress, the measurements that they took were based on the height of my heels. So I'm guessing that its best if you go with your heels. Thats just my opinion!

#72 Rhonda

Rhonda
    • 270 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm trying to decide whether or not to have me, my FI and our bridal party wear shoes (flip flops or sandals) or go barefoot for our ceremony. Our ceremony will be in the sand. I kinda like the idea of going barefoot, but, I'm concerned if the sand would be too hot. Our ceremony is at 5pm.

I'm wondering what others have done or are doing, any pros/cons, or any other thoughts...

Thanks, Ladies!

#73 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

I too am getting married on the sand but I am having my entire bridal party wear high tops...dont laugh, It will be awesome. Otherwise I would have gone barefoot, you dont want sand getting caught in the flip flops, in my experience its easier to trip in the sand with flip flops as well :) Just a thought.

#74 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Kris you get major points for doing it your way...good for you!!

Our wedding party was barefoot, men included. It felt good and was one less thing for everyone to buy. Ours was at 6pm and the sand was not hot.

#75 leogurl

leogurl
          • 66 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

I am planning on doing my wedding on the beach, and I'm really leaning towards the no shoes thing right now. I know that my FH wants to wear shoes though, so it might be weird if I don't wear shoes and he does, but I just might be weird and do it anyway. I think it's fun to have it be a shoes optional wedding for everyone. And I wouldn't do flip flops, unless they were exceptionally nice ones, but in general, I personally don't like flip flops with pretty dresses.

#76 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

You may want to check this thread out as well:
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t34354

#77 Rhonda

Rhonda
              • 270 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                You may want to check this thread out as well:
                Thanks! I guess I missed that one! :)

#78 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
                • 393 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

Those of you who are planning on getting married on the sand, I have a question for you. Are you going to wear shoes? If so, what type of shoes will you wear so that you are stable on the sand? If you are not wearing shoes, what type of dress will you wear?

#79 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,193 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

There are a few threads which already address this topic that should help you:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35741

#80 A2Bride

A2Bride
                    • 676 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

I am planning on going barefoot, since my FI is the same height as I am this will work out perfectly. I have cute white flip flops with jewels on them for the reception. I am going for cute comfort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users