Photo

beach ready shoes...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

How far will your walk be? I didn't have too far to walk on the sand and I wore 4" white wedges. I didn't have any problem at all. After the ceremony when we took beach pics I took them off because we were walking around alot more and it became difficult.
    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#32 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
    • 77 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Danniellou
      I think shoes in the sand seem dangerous, but I didn't want to go barefoot, so I am using foot jewelry for my bridesmaids and I. After the ceremony I will wear shoes but I haven't decided what kind yet.
      That sound like a great idea!! So your feet look nice but you don't have the sand problem!! I love it! Where you're going to buy the jewelry? You have pictures you can share?

Thanks!

#33 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

I did a 4" wedge flip flop and changed into real shoes for the reception. They are pictured in my planning blog. They are also on sale right now at VS for $15.

I found that having an aisle runner really helped.

#34 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

Have you considered Barefoot Sandals? I made mine, and my BM's and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! You can make them for about $10.00-15.00 or buy them online for $30-75.00 I have the step by step instructions in the DIY forum, or pm me if you are interested! I also bought white glittery flip flops for the reception just in case :)

#35 unikphoto

unikphoto
          • Vendor
          • 87 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

Hi,
            Well, it all depends what beach you go to and how far the "platform" will be from the hotel, but all in all, if you aren't too skin sensitive, you would do ok bare foot. This is how the bride looked with plaform sandals in her wedding, at Pedregal beach.
            Best wishes for ya1,
            marTin
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsTorrence
            Hey all, I was thinking of going barefoot on the beach for my ceremony. But after trying on some dresses, I realizes I need to wear shoes to give it more impact (I'm a little vertically challenged). Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't want to wear flipflops because I know it can kick up sand...has anyone tried wearing platforms or wedges on the beach? Or found any that look remotely like wedding shoes? I've seen platforms/runners, but you still have to walk in the sand to get to the platform. Thanks!

#36 Danniellou

Danniellou
            • 815 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

If you just google 'foot jewelry' you will find plenty of options. I am ordering mine from Barefoot Jewelry and Bridal Destination Beach Wedding
              Unfortunately I am not as crafty as DaveMatthews16!

#37 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsTorrence
                Hey all, I was thinking of going barefoot on the beach for my ceremony. But after trying on some dresses, I realizes I need to wear shoes to give it more impact (I'm a little vertically challenged). Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't want to wear flipflops because I know it can kick up sand...has anyone tried wearing platforms or wedges on the beach? Or found any that look remotely like wedding shoes? I've seen platforms/runners, but you still have to walk in the sand to get to the platform. Thanks!
                Hi MrsTorrence!

I see that you are new to the forum - welcome!

I will move this post from the Cabo forum for you but please read this thread http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24194.

thanks,
                alyssa

#38 Amarillis

Amarillis
                • 1,913 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

I am wearing blue shelled flipflops for the wedding and changing into blue high heels for the reception... which reminds me - i need to take some pics for my future planning post!

#39 soma1133

soma1133
                  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

So I am getting married right on the beach. i am trying to decide what shoes to wear if any at all. Any suggestions.

#40 KRB

KRB
                    • 61 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Go Barefoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users