• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 calyx6

calyx6
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:10 AM

I wore these in the sand (my dress was ivory):
    Click the image to open in full size.

I had bought them on Zappos at full price but they're now available at 6pm.com (their "clearance" site.) Depending on the formality of the wedding and the dress color, I saw these other shoes that might do:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Hope that's a good starting point.

-V-
    Tulum - November 3, 2007

#22 nde062010

nde062010
    • 106 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

There are some inexpensive white and tan wedge sandals on victoria's secret

#23 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
      • 684 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

this is great! i thought i was going barefoot, but i was worried about the length of my dress. I'm planning on putting on heals after the ceremony. thanks ladies!

#24 Kryztan

Kryztan
        • 743 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:16 AM

If you need to be taller, I would say wedge flops...stay safe:)

#25 MrsTorrence

MrsTorrence
          • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Hey all, I was thinking of going barefoot on the beach for my ceremony. But after trying on some dresses, I realizes I need to wear shoes to give it more impact (I'm a little vertically challenged). Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't want to wear flipflops because I know it can kick up sand...has anyone tried wearing platforms or wedges on the beach? Or found any that look remotely like wedding shoes? I've seen platforms/runners, but you still have to walk in the sand to get to the platform. Thanks!

#26 Golden

Golden
            • 354 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

I did not wear shoes , it worked for me

#27 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

I wore heels for part of it (after the ceremony taking pictures) and it was okay but yes I defiantly got sand in my shoes. I went barefoot during becuase it was just easier to walk and I didn't want to trip at all !!

#28 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

I had planned on going barefoot, but the beach was a bit rocky, so I ended up wearing platform sandals for the ceremony. I had a pair of heels for the reception, but the platform sandals worked fine for me in the sand.

#29 Danniellou

Danniellou
                  • 815 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

I think shoes in the sand seem dangerous, but I didn't want to go barefoot, so I am using foot jewelry for my bridesmaids and I. After the ceremony I will wear shoes but I haven't decided what kind yet.

#30 Denise40

Denise40
                    • 407 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

I was planning on wearing shoes on the sand and I had them on the whole way down the cobblestone walkway (which was tough in itself) but once I seen the beach and how far I had to walk, I kicked them off right then and there. Most weddings at hotels, you don't have that long of a walk on the sand and I see a lot of them have some type of runner down to make it a little easier. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users