Photo

I'm a newbie!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

Hi Everyone. To begin, I would like to say how relieved I am that I found this website. I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to find details for a destination wedding. Dan (my fiance) and I have chose to wed in Puerto Vallarta on 6-7-08. We are planning to stay at the Dreams resort. I am hoping to have the ceremony and reception at the same resort, and have already reserved the Day through the hotel. I am looking to possibly go through Dazzling details, if it fits into our budget. We are planning on only having 50 guests (including us) to attend. If anyone has any ideas on daily acitivities, ceremony ideas, reception ideas, whatever.. I am open for any advice. I am planning this on my own as my mother and sisters live a thousand plus miles away from me. I am a 28 year old getting married for the first time, so it is hard to find peers who are going through the same situation. Hopefully, I can find some relief through this website. Thanks in advance for all your help. -- Hi/d

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

Welcome! You will find so much support and help here! We're in the same boat We're thinking Dreams PV too. It's so beautiful. Let us know how we can help you!

#3 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
      • 486 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

Welcome and enjoy!!!!

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

Welcome to the forum!!! There are lots of us Dreams brides on this forum, and plenty that are going with PV - and we're happy to help! :) What kind of activities are you thinking of to plan? Have you booked the resort yet? Were you thinking of on-resort activities, or excursions? Dinners or active excursions?
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
          • 466 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

Welcome!!! You'll find alot of support on this forum

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Welcome! I'm not getting married at Dreams, but I am staying there. Just a warning, the WC there is frustrating and slow to deal with, but I've heard it all comes together in the end. If you're going with an outside WC as well, you should be ok - and I've heard GREAT things about Dazzling Details - and also that they're expensive. Hopefully you can make that work too!

I love your wedding date - if I would have been willing to wait that long it would have been fun - and easy to remember! Mine is 6-8-07 ... close!

Let us know how we can help!

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! There are so many helpful people on here so I am sure you will find tons of info!!!

#8 soulmates

soulmates
                • 538 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

Welcome!!!!! Let us know if you need any help...

#9 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Welcome to the forum!!! Congrats on your engagement...I love the date you picked - 6/7/8! great!!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 coming together

coming together
                    • 162 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

I thought of doing a daily excursion with all the guest (pre-wedding), I was hoping somewhere close to the resort, but it all depends. My travel agent is blocking rooms for us, and I have reserved the date for the wedding through the hotel. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users