Photo

Excellence Punta Cana Brides Thread

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#191 staceysbride

staceysbride
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

I can relate. Dad has a new family, and stepmommy ended up pregnant and due this march. Daddy will be 58 (yes you read that right) in a few days. And can you believe that there is actually a question as to whether he'll be there at my wedding in June? I was and still am mortified. I don't see what the deal is. She has the baby in March and has plenty of family to help her for a few days while Dad is down there with me. When I first heard the news, I balled for days. Other people can't relate, but your dad not being there for you on your wedding day is a hard thing. Our relationship is not strained, so I'm really unsure why there is question of him going.

Thankfully for you, Benny was a strong supportive hubby and helped you through it.

-Nikki

#192 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
    • 103 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

hey girls-

I completely hear ya. My father passed in August unexpectedly and now my 2 brothers (only brothers) might not come. One of my brothers wife is pregnant and due ON MY WEDDING DAY. So I completely understand him not being able to come, but my oldest brother just keeps talking about how expensive it is gonna be and he doesnt know if he can make it. Bullshit! He has known for years that we were going to do a destination wedding and I got engaged a year ago. I planned my wedding a year ago to give him and others time to save. I am just so sick of being upset about it. He has always been selfish and I should expect this from him but it still hurts cuz we are really close. Austin, like Benny, has been great and keeps telling me that we cant control others decisions. I just dont get people sometimes! sorry to vent girls but its ridiculous.

On another note, Bostonbride I am even more pumped about my wedding now that you had such an amazing wedding at excellence. Cant wait to hear your full review!

#193 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
      • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

It's really hard to look past the people who aren't going. Trust me I had many days where I got upset. But truthfully...and I know you might not believe this now because I wouldn't have, you will be having such a blast with the people who are with you that you will not think of those who are not. I PROMISE you will have an amazing time with those people who do come.

Next week is going to be a lot better for me with work so I will have a review for you by then.

#194 Dolcenotte12

Dolcenotte12
        • 104 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

Congratulations Boston Bride!! I'm so glad your wedding was everything you dreamed it would be! I knew you would love Excellence. I'm glad you got Mercy before she left, especially since you worked with her for so long.

Looking forward to reading your full review.

Michelle

#195 staceysbride

staceysbride
          • 245 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

Ladies,
            Has anyone posted pics of their cakes and flowers on this thread? I'm wondering what I can expect from the excellence in this regard....

#196 staceysbride

staceysbride
            • 245 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling.

I hate to hear people say 'oh it's so expensive' about my wedding. Sorry, we couldn't afford a domestic wedding ourselves but people are like 'oh, if only you could have had your wedding here in the US'. And it's not like we didn't give them one year plus warning.

It's frustrating, to think, okay, my wedding my life is not important to family members when you know if it were YOU going to THEIR wedding, you'd have been there with bells on.

*sigh*

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nbulldog19
              hey girls-

I completely hear ya. My father passed in August unexpectedly and now my 2 brothers (only brothers) might not come. One of my brothers wife is pregnant and due ON MY WEDDING DAY. So I completely understand him not being able to come, but my oldest brother just keeps talking about how expensive it is gonna be and he doesnt know if he can make it. Bullshit! He has known for years that we were going to do a destination wedding and I got engaged a year ago. I planned my wedding a year ago to give him and others time to save. I am just so sick of being upset about it. He has always been selfish and I should expect this from him but it still hurts cuz we are really close. Austin, like Benny, has been great and keeps telling me that we cant control others decisions. I just dont get people sometimes! sorry to vent girls but its ridiculous.

On another note, Bostonbride I am even more pumped about my wedding now that you had such an amazing wedding at excellence. Cant wait to hear your full review!

#197 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
              • 268 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

Ok girls the review is up...it was 11 pages in Microsoft Word.

http://bestdestinati....0/#post1105316

#198 8phoenix8

8phoenix8
                • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

Wedding/Resort review:

http://bestdestinati....12-09-a-53051/

#199 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
                  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

Girls I have the sneak peak photos from our photographer.

This is the thread I just posted. There is a link in my sig to the photos as well.

#200 staceysbride

staceysbride
                    • 245 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Gorgeous photos! Loved 'em!

-Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users