Excellence Punta Cana Brides Thread

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The satin ones are heaving and thicker. The organza are sheer and flowy. I prefer the organza for that reason, more fitting for the beach. But I have seen other kinds used. In the end, it is not a major detail. Some people just leave the white chair covers and it looks just as nice.

Since our wedding was on the beach, we had a Dominican style buffet dinner with Domingo the saxophonist playing in the background, so beautiful. Everyone loved the wedding food. They loved the cocktail hour food too. And these positive comments came from some people that did not care for the restaurant food so much. I personally think the food fluctuates from good to amazing overall. I don't think we ever had a bad meal there and we've been there quite a few times. I do believe if you have your reception inside one of the restaurants, it is plated and I think you only get one or two selections for people to choose from =/ . This is why I liked the buffet, more selection. It was such a unique reception. I loved every minute of it.

I have a serious food allergy and the executive chef (he left, there is someone else now, I'm sure going to miss him) made sure to oversee the wedding food and our entire honeymoon. Every night our table was waiting for us and decorated with flowers and he was there in the kitchen while the cooks prepared my meals. He made me a special dessert at our rehearsal dinner ( mango mousse, yum) and at some dinners ( I kept asking for the mango mousse lol). He even made me a special second cake for the wedding so I could eat cake!! Haha..I can't personally comment on the cake, it looked nice and people said it tasted good, I think we picked strawberry and chocolate filling.

Thanks again Dolce!!! I did look at the menu selections for the plated reception dinner. They looked ok, but I didn't know that the Dominican style buffet was an option! I will definitely ask about that. I too have dietary restrictions (vegetarian), and some of my other guests as well so that definitely may be the way to go!

Did you have to pay extra for a rehearsal dinner setup? I didn't notice that offered in the package at all, but I would like to have one :)

I am aiming for gorgeous sunset photos. Any past March brides have approx sunset times? I checked the web and it said 6:49 on my date, but I signed up for a 5pm start just in case. Should I push it back a little.

I have a general question about the resort...my family is pretty laid back and they are concerned about the dress codes. Every restaurant says that they do not allow short pants or t-shirts/tanks for dinner service. So for every night do they require that the guests must dress up in somewhat formal wear or at least long pants and polos?

We stay at Sandals every year and they have similar dress codes but allow a lot of flexibility (for instance the guys can wear kacki shorts and a t-shirts).

Thanks for your help..give me some examples if you can of what your guests would wear and to which restaurants.

Thanks again!

The dominican buffet may not be an option indoors. Ask to find out.

I think most brides had an included welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner. I lucked out and had 2 =), one at the pool soiree and one in the toscana restaurant. Ana and I had different days scheduled for the rehearsal dinner so she organized both!!

The chance of rain is always a possibility for a destination beach wedding. But Punta Cana does not get that much rain during the day. If you have an outdoor reception, there is more of a chance it will rain at night during that time. It's a chance I took. Whenever we are there, it always is wet when we wake up and rains after we are are going back to our room after dinner/drinks. On occasion, they do have a day of of straight rain, but that happened only once in my 3 times there and 40 days there =) due to a bad storm that hit PR... so the chances are pretty good for nice weather.

Even if you take your pictures earlier than sunset time, you can ask your photographer to take you back by the beach for a few minutes when the sun sets. That's we did. Severine from Photo Souvenir called us down to the water when the sky was so colorful from the sunset and then we resumed celebrating! I would not center your schedule around the sunset because things get delayed or finish faster than predicted,etc. It will all work out! Here is one of our sunset pics.

Snapfish: Share Photo:Registration

There are only a few restaurants that you are allowed to wear shorts to dinner, The Grill, Lobster House, and Oregano. These are all outdoor open-air restaurants. Also, the dominican beach buffet night and pool soiree night you can be very casual too. I have heard they turn people away if they do not follow the dress code at night. During the day, i was turned away from lunch because my coverup was wet on the butt area lol. For night at the fancier restaurants, you can still dress casual and I'm sure your men can get away with sandals rather than flipflops. They are very strict about the shorts though.

i tend to bring light sundresses and capris for dinner, always with sandals. My husband usually wears closed shoes, light khakis, and short sleeved button down..some nights he would get away with a dressier looking flipflop.