Any Brides w/family in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 *Karla*

*Karla*
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hello Ladies,

I am still searching for a wedding/reception location. I have found one location, but I am not completely happy with it. The problem is the majority of my guests are family members that live in Jamaica. The larger AI require 50-80% of your guests to stay in the same hotel. My family will not be staying in a hotel, they will be at their house :)

Has anyone encountered this issue?
    If not, do you know if your resort/hotel has a requirement about the % of wedding quests that must stay at the resort?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

#2 EmeraldPalms

EmeraldPalms
    • 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

Karla,

Have you decided on a venue yet? I believe there are a few in Negril that will do weddings/receptions for non-guests. Negril Escape on the cliffs doesn't require that you stay there in order to get married there, and they can accomodate a large-ish group. I think Norma's at SeaSplash on the beach will also do this for non-guests. Charela Inn might as well, have you checked with them?

#3 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
      • 260 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

I'm in the same boat :/
        I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users