• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi ladies,

For those of you who are active Marriott Rewards members, can you help me out please?

We are looking to book a Jr. Suite at the Marriott PV, which will run $300+/night (more than that I think - can't remember exactly...). We will be staying 8 nights. Is that enough to get any sort of decent reward??

TIA!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Here is the point rewards page.
      Marriott Rewards points - Redeem Marriott Rewards points and use Rewards

You earn points based on the dollar amount. At the nicer full Marriotts you get 10 points per dollar; at the budget hotels you get 5 points per dollar. 300x8=2400 = 24,000 points. You can redeem the points for free nights or room upgrades.

If you have an active frequent flyer program, it might be better for you to earn miles instead. At that particular resort you would earn 2 miles for every dollar 300x8=2400 = 4800 miles. I know some of the airlines have a alliance/sharing program like NWA and Delta, so you might want to see what will offer the best reward.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

This may sound odd but airline rewards programs just confuse the HECK outta me so I've never joined!

I'm just trying to figure out if it's really worth it to gain those rewards points (we really don't stay at Marriotts often, but if it will get us a free night somewhere that would be nice and worth it), or if we should go through our TA (can't really do both).

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

i don't know why you wouldn't be able to use a marriott rewards program and earn points while also going through your TA.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AnnR
            i don't know why you wouldn't be able to use a marriott rewards program and earn points while also going through your TA.

me either... hmmm, tammy is my TA.. maybe I just misunderstood? I'll check with her again...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

with that said, i am a marriott junkie (or was when i was traveling for work) but certainly wouldn't pay a high rate for a room just to earn points for a free night. that really doesn't make financial sense to me. i'd rather pay a decent rate and save the money; then i could use that savings for more hotel stays. make sense? BUT i'd still sigh up to earn points on every hotel stay, for sure, because they do add up! and if you're looking to pay the $300/night anyway - definitely earn the points if you can!

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, it's kind of complicated - long story short, this definitely hasn't been the easiest hotel to book through. And we're trying to book a Jr. Suite which is different from the regular room categories which had savings/benefits booking through Tammy.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#8 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
                • 475 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

I may be wrong. But Marriott and Starwood (Westin, etc) are my preferred hotel chains when I travel for work. All of my work travel is booked through a travel agency and I have always been able to earn reward points. I am not sure why Marriott (if you signed up for the rewards program through thier website) would not accept your rewards number and credit you the stay.
                  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

Not sure... maybe it is just this particular hotel - they have been so difficult to work with. Tammy is gonna email them again to double check if they will let her book it with my rewards number, but I'm not holding my breath.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                    • 2,754 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

Strange! Maybe it is the hotel. I stay in Marriotts for work all the time. Sometimes others book for me and they are able to put my Rewards number down. If Tammy isn't able to put it down for you, you should be able to get them to apply your number upon check in (I would hope!). Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users